Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin.

This is a non-profit website. We dont even have those annoying advertisement. We tried our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori. We provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here donating to keep our forum alive.

newly HP diagnosed, given 2week triple regimen - questions & confused

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: newly HP diagnosed, given 2week triple regimen - questions & confused

Post by Helico_expert » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:56 am

it's all good then. good luck with your treatment.

helical_patient

Post by helical_patient » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:27 pm

Thanks very much for this forum.

I got the triple therapy done and came back positive. and then, was put on on quadruple therapy : Bis-subsal ( 262 mg x 4 times a day), metrotinidazole ( 500 mg x 3 times a day), omeprazole ( 20 mg x 2 times a day), doxycycline (100 mg x 2 times a day).

I did start feeling better after four days (albeit with black stools). However, now on my sixth day and the symptoms seem like before : excessive burping, reflux, pain in the left abdominal area, a significant gaseous movement in gastric area.

Can you please tell me if this is expected? I am very anxious over this.

Sincerely,

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:22 pm

some people does take a while to recover. You need to find out from your doctor if you still carry H. pylori. Usually the doctor would advise you to wait a month without any antibiotics or PPI. then repeat the breath or stool test.

mimetiva

Post by mimetiva » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:12 am

so this is my 12th day on the quadruple therapy. Today seems to be the worst day ever. I can't seem to keep anything down and my stomach cramps are extremely painful. The first 11 days on the meds were not so bad, i had a stomach cramp here and there with some fatigue but i actually felt pretty good. I was pretty excited thinking im all cured BUT today is really bad. Why?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:22 am

Probably your side effect finally kicks in. only a few more days to go. keep up the good work.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”