Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Helplessly seeking guidance on treatment

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Helplessly seeking guidance on treatment

Post by Helico_expert »

Your symptoms are probably due to the guts flora being cleaned up. probably it's a good idea to introduce probiotics.

many people claim that probiotics is helpful. Since it's harmless, try if you want to. Unfortunately we dont have a brand that we can recommend.

Shane_Christopher

Post by Shane_Christopher »

Will do thanks, during my treatment I noticed strong palpitations (feeling of skipped beats) especially in the last 2-3 days typically after meals/antibiotics and observed my blood pressure levels rising for short periods of time (this happens before anxiety is triggered). Could this be a side effect of any of the medication? In your experience has Clarithromycin, Amoxicillin or Rabeprazole recorded this particular side effect? I read that palpitations/blood pressure spikes could be potential side effects of Rabeprazole. I’ve not had this effect before with Omeprazole, Esomeprazole or Pantoprazole. Sudden palpitations are the only significant effect I’m feeling now and can’t figure out how to cope with it.

tzj

Post by tzj »

Medical journals suggest that there is lacking evidence to show that probiotics help with GERD symptoms. It does not pass any placebo tests that have been done. I would be wary of placing too much hope of those making a dramatic difference to your current symptoms.

Probiotics help at times because patients tend to have increased compliance with therapy when probiotics are prescribed, rather than their actual proven effectiveness to deal with GERD. I do not think anyone really knows if probiotics will affect the efficacy of the triple therapy. Currently it's a matter of debate, although preliminary results suggest that they do not.

After taking triple therapy, if it has worked, data suggests 95% of all patients should completely recover after a 2 month period of PPIs. If the improvement is not noticeable, I would suggest retesting or seeking additional medical advice.

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”