Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Symptoms: One month post-eradication: How to promote healing?

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

eliuri

Symptoms: One month post-eradication: How to promote healing?

Post by eliuri »

Hi:
I completed triple-therapy for H.Pylori about a month ago. Was just notified by Dr's office that breath test was negative. I do however still have some upper GI pain. Though somewhat less than before treatment The original Dx was: "Chronic, active gastritis" via endoscopy. (no ulcers)

Questions:

1) What is the usual time frame for gastritis symptoms to resolve post-treatment?
Is it unusual to still have pain one month after completion of treatment?

2) Are there things I can do meanwhile to promote healing of the digestive tract?

For example:

Would another 2-week course of a PPI give it a better chance of healing? Or is that just symptomatic relief?

I did notice that during the 2 week period I was on antibiotics/PPI the symptoms had disappeared and then re-appeared after the therapy. Though less so. I was afraid this meant the treatment had failed, but apparently I'm now negative for H.Pylori. So perhaps symptom relief then was due to PPI

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Symptoms: One month post-eradication: How to promote healing?

Post by Helico_expert »

The recovery is subjective. It depends on the severity of the damage done by H. pylori. Therefore, some PPI may help. There is no harm taking PPI, so if you feel better taking PPI, do take some.

Some people also take some probiotics or alternative medicine to aid the recovery. As long as H. pylori is definitely gone, then there is a chance of true recovery.

Northp

Post by Northp »

Hi

I found the PPIs made me so tired. It might be that you need acid to digest your foods so I was not getting nutrients while on the PPIs. I decided to discontinue them (Also Acid Rebound is very painful, happens when you stop using PPIs). However you should also be aware of trigger foods. For me it was dairy, spicy and fried foods that caused my gastritis to be so painful. Try to avoid them while healing.

I've gone to a naturopath for alternative routes to healing my stomach. He suggested L-Glutamine, plant digestive enzymes and some probiotics. Patience, positive thinking, avoiding trigger foods along with the natural remedies, I am finally feeling relief after 2 months post treatment.

I have found this forum to be helpful as I realized I was not alone with post-treatment symptoms.
Good luck to you.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Naturopath is good idea to help recovery.

However, if acid reflux is making you pain, you should continue PPI. PPI can prevent your throat getting damage and your teeth being corroded.

eliuri

Post by eliuri »

"Therefore, some PPI may help. There is no harm taking PPI, so if you feel better taking PPI, do take some."
It might help. BUT my question is whether a PPI would actually promote healing by giving stomach "a break" from all that acid--thereby allowing it to recover. Or would it be just relief from annoying symptoms. As of now, the symptoms arent bad enough to warrant taking a medicine.

Oddly, the reflux symptoms I had prior to the H.Pylori treatment are now very much subsided. Mostly gastric pain now. So wondering if PPI might still be helpful in the healing process for gastritis I do continue with the probiotics which I had used during the treatment period.

I have come across some medical article which suggests capsaicin--found in hot chili peppers-- might actually help gastritis, but here again I'm not sure if merely symptomatic help or actually help the healing process. Things like that--I'd be interested to learn about

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I am not sure what are the factors that cause your pain.
But if your pain is because the acid burning your stomach, then yes, PPI can relieve that pain.
The idea is that H. pylori damage the cells producing mucous. As the mucous gets thinner and thinner, eventually the acid is going to digest your own stomach.
When H. pylori is eradicated, the mucous producing cells will gradually come back and your mucous will go back to normal ("finger cross"), then your stomach is once again protected from acid.
So in short, yes, PPI can buy time for your stomach to recover.

We have not done any study to actually measure diet and stomach recovery. But from our observation, patients generally go back to their normal diet, any diet, and eventually most of the patients do feel better.

You can try whatever natural herbs or therapy you want, but dont over doing it. Over doing anything good will eventually turn bad.

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”