Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin.

This is a non-profit website. We dont even have those annoying advertisement. We tried our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori. We provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here donating to keep our forum alive.

Post-Treatment - Gastritis, Ulcer?

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar, Ondek-Expert, kkimura, luci2010

Helico_expert
Site Admin
Posts: 2727
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:20 am

Re: Post-Treatment - Gastritis, Ulcer?

Post by Helico_expert » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:34 pm

How about instead of taking omeprazole, you can try ranitidine. it's a weaker acid blocker and you can continue ranitidine until the night before breath/stool test.

Sapna
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:14 pm

Re: Post-Treatment - Gastritis, Ulcer?

Post by Sapna » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:44 pm

I am so helpless here in Amsterdam I have to follow just what my doctor said she wrote Omeprazole so i can't buy any other medicines..and that's the reason I am struggling so much for 2 Nd test..she is not ready..and that's getting so stressful.just wondering can it be just normal acidic pain that might have occurred.

curiousgeorge007
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:58 am

Re: Post-Treatment - Gastritis, Ulcer?

Post by curiousgeorge007 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:01 am

Sapna wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:44 pm
I am so helpless here in Amsterdam I have to follow just what my doctor said she wrote Omeprazole so i can't buy any other medicines..and that's the reason I am struggling so much for 2 Nd test..she is not ready..and that's getting so stressful.just wondering can it be just normal acidic pain that might have occurred.

Keep taking those PPI's (either 10, 20, or 40mg dependence on severity). Some folks need to be on PPI's for their entire life, some folks only need them temporarily. Also, to prevent rebound effect make sure you taper off the PPI's. ie. 20mg for a week, 10mg the next week.

Don't stress! It'll make things worse. It's not life threatening, meaning you are not in the emergency room. It will get better, I believe.

Sapna
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:14 pm

Re: Post-Treatment - Gastritis, Ulcer?

Post by Sapna » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:37 am

Helico_expert wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:34 pm
How about instead of taking omeprazole, you can try ranitidine. it's a weaker acid blocker and you can continue ranitidine until the night before breath/stool test.
Thanks sir for your reply ...today I was fine since morning as if nothing has happened but since evening again very mild pain I had in my upper abdomen in lest side..and it comes and goes..I am wondering is it gastric pain as suddenly it goes and came.

Sapna
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:14 pm

Re: Post-Treatment - Gastritis, Ulcer?

Post by Sapna » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:10 am

curiousgeorge007 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:01 am
Sapna wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:44 pm
I am so helpless here in Amsterdam I have to follow just what my doctor said she wrote Omeprazole so i can't buy any other medicines..and that's the reason I am struggling so much for 2 Nd test..she is not ready..and that's getting so stressful.just wondering can it be just normal acidic pain that might have occurred.

Keep taking those PPI's (either 10, 20, or 40mg dependence on severity). Some folks need to be on PPI's for their entire life, some folks only need them temporarily. Also, to prevent rebound effect make sure you taper off the PPI's. ie. 20mg for a week, 10mg the next week.

Don't stress! It'll make things worse. It's not life threatening, meaning you are not in the emergency room. It will get better, I believe.
Thanks for the motivation

Helico_expert
Site Admin
Posts: 2727
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:20 am

Re: Post-Treatment - Gastritis, Ulcer?

Post by Helico_expert » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:59 am

Sapna wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:37 am
Thanks sir for your reply ...today I was fine since morning as if nothing has happened but since evening again very mild pain I had in my upper abdomen in lest side..and it comes and goes..I am wondering is it gastric pain as suddenly it goes and came.
Sounds like a good news. Let's wait a few more days and see the improvement.

Sapna
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:14 pm

Re: Post-Treatment - Gastritis, Ulcer?

Post by Sapna » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:36 pm

I am having little bit constipation in every 2-3 days.. don't understand why as even I am not eating any such good that can cause constipation.i have one question in my mind that can a person lead a normal life after this treatment?? And other questions is how accurate is stool test as I think my doctor will not take my breath test so I was thinking to insist her hard(as I don't understand why she does not want to test me again) to take my stool test after 15 days as I have finished my treatment 1 week ago.

Helico_expert
Site Admin
Posts: 2727
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:20 am

Re: Post-Treatment - Gastritis, Ulcer?

Post by Helico_expert » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:53 pm

Normally if the UBT is covered by health insurance, then the doctor is reluctant to give it. There is no reason why the doctor wont give it to you if you are willing to pay for it.

The follow up breath test or stool test has been discussed many times in the Helicobacter conference and is highly recommended. You can have a look at the European consensus guideline, page 6 and 7

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Ma ... Report.pdf

Sapna
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:14 pm

Re: Post-Treatment - Gastritis, Ulcer?

Post by Sapna » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Yes I consulted 1 more doctor in my country India and he also suggested same..I don't understand any reason my doctor don't want me to Do the test again.can you please tell me the best time to have the test again after 3 weeks or 4 weeks since I have stopped taking antibiotics and and I read somewhere that it's difficult to lead normal life again once someone is diagnosed with this and that is really scary.

Helico_expert
Site Admin
Posts: 2727
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:20 am

Re: Post-Treatment - Gastritis, Ulcer?

Post by Helico_expert » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:33 pm

We have seen many cases where people improve the quality of life after eradicating H. pylori.

Post Reply

Return to “Treament for Helicobacter”