Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

My experience with H Pylori and alternative treatments

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

peteza34

My experience with H Pylori and alternative treatments

Post by peteza34 »

Hey guys, I wanted to share my experience thus far with this nasty bug.

My stomach problems began last august while I was undergoing a course of doxycycline for lyme disease. It began with an empty/uneasy feeling in my stomach that was with me 90% of the day. I had thought that it was a side effect of the anitbiotics at the time and I kind of lived with it for a couple of months (silly me). Then last December, the stomach problems shifted gears. I had started getting some nasty bloating and heartburn, plus some peripheral neuropathy. I found some relief by using digestive enzymes each meal, but eventually I finally went back to the doctor and tested positive for H Pylori.

So I went through the standard first-line treatment of amox, clarithro, plus pantoprazole. The antibiotics were pretty nasty, but I finished the whole course. For the 2 weeks after the antibiotics and while I was still on the ppi, I felt really terrible. Food was taking way too long to leave my stomach, and I was feeling weak and dizzy. It was quite painful. I finally cut out the ppi and started drinking an apple cider vinegar/water cocktail before each meal, which made me feel 100 times better. I was also taking probiotics, and started drinking kombucha daily around that same time. I had almost felt "healthy" at one point last spring, but I decided to cut back on the kombucha and my stomach problems came back. It was very discouraging.

At this point, most people would say that I should have gone back to the doctor for a retest and more antibiotics, but I was worried about what a follow-up course of antibiotics would be like after having struggled through the initial course. I should mention that I have a genetic disorder which affects my cortisol production, as well as an aortic dissection which was grafted together when I was 21. The first course of antibiotics had played havoc with my blood pressure, and I am sure the next course would have been worse. I started looking into natural alternatives.

I started taking mastic gum about 2 1/2 months ago, as it seemed like the alternative treatment of choice from my research. I started with 500mg twice a day for a week, then upped it to 1g twice a day. The mastic gave me a lot of relief for symptoms that weren't related to my stomach. I had experienced die-off symptoms the first 2 weeks of it, followed by a large increase in my energy levels and motivation. After the first month, I decided to add another treatment, and started taking broccoli sprout supplements, for the sulforophane. This gave me another round of detox, followed by more relief from my symptoms, but after 3 weeks my stomach symptoms were still there, and I felt like it would not be enough. More research led me to Colostrum for its ability to unbind the H Pylori from the fat cells in the stomach lining (source: http://jid.oxfordjournals.org/content/1 ... 5.full.pdf). The Colostrum gave me an intense detox for the first week of taking it, but afterwards I felt like a new man. That empty/uneasy feeling, which had always been there even through the antibiotic course, is finally leaving me. My energy levels are higher now than I ever remember since my heart surgery, my muscles feel much stronger and less achy, and my digestion has improved greatly. I am still having some symptoms and am not out of the woods yet, but I feel better by the day and I am optimistic. I will continue on with these 3 supplements for another month or so, depending on how I feel, then I will ween myself off and see the doctor for a retest. Though I will probably consider taking a maintenance dose of Colostrum for the rest of my life. The stuff makes me feel amazing.

Long story short, I highly recommend Colostrum as a supplement to any other H Pylori treatment. I can't speak about the safety of it when mixed with pharmaceuticals, so check with your doctor.

peteza34

Re: My experience with H Pylori and alternative treatments

Post by peteza34 »

I should also say that I don't recommend foregoing the antibiotics to begin with. I had only pursued alternative methods because of the initial antibiotic failure and my complicated health history.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

thanks for sharing your valuable experience and glad that you felt better with the alternative treatment.

However, I would still suggest you to get a check up to find out if you still have h. pylori. there is a small chance that your symptoms are not related to H. pylori.

helico4eva

Post by helico4eva »

Helico_expert wrote:thanks for sharing your valuable experience and glad that you felt better with the alternative treatment.

However, I would still suggest you to get a check up to find out if you still have h. pylori. there is a small chance that your symptoms are not related to H. pylori.

i feel some of my heartburn and bloating symptoms are like you
for heartburn i reduced Carbs instake a lot..basically eating mixed greens and protein only helps as starches/ carbs/ sugars ferment when digestion is a bit weakened by this bug causing acid reflux

kombucha and plain kefir helps along with probiotics

herrybraun

Post by herrybraun »

Thanks for sharing your experience with H Pylori and alternative treatments, I always appreciate such a useful and unique health information topics.

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”