Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

H Pylori postive....left side stomach gut pain

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: H Pylori postive....left side stomach gut pain

Post by Helico_expert »

yea.. doesnt sound right to do breath test for children under 18. i mean, what's the reason for that? silly rules.

anyway... 6 months is a long wait. i do hope you will return to normal soon. some people in this forum waited a year before they actually return to normal. I dont think you'll have any serious problem, but probably an endoscopy to give you a peace of mind is a good idea.

if you really need the acid blocker, you can always switch your Nexium to Ranitidine.. then you can continue your acid blocker until the day before breath test.

here is a guide on how to use breath test and acid blocker.
http://www.helico.com/PYtest_guide_2013.pdf

helico4eva

Post by helico4eva »

basically burping still continuing after meals

also most irritating is left side tummy, constipation and heartburn
its feeling like there is a polyup/bump left in tummy small intestine from pylori infection which doesnt go away

feeling like something pulling the intestine and pain then radiates to shoulder??
what can be done about this??

helico4eva

Post by helico4eva »

stilll the left side tummy pain continues 7 months after antibiotics

basically feel constipated and feel like slight injury in bowel movements
maybe pylori left a poylp or the mucosal lining is affected which aint heeling fast

feels slight improvement in symptoms when taking VSL 450 billion probiotics

gonna try to loose another 10 pounds....since this ordeal begin lost 25-30 pounds

just have a feeling that this buggy tummy problem will never end and i gotta live with it now??
its feels like strecthing bump and pain radiates to shoulder and back...its not that bad as before antibiotics but still there

helico4eva

Post by helico4eva »

Helico_expert wrote:yea.. doesnt sound right to do breath test for children under 18. i mean, what's the reason for that? silly rules.

anyway... 6 months is a long wait. i do hope you will return to normal soon. some people in this forum waited a year before they actually return to normal. I dont think you'll have any serious problem, but probably an endoscopy to give you a peace of mind is a good idea.

if you really need the acid blocker, you can always switch your Nexium to Ranitidine.. then you can continue your acid blocker until the day before breath test.

here is a guide on how to use breath test and acid blocker.
http://www.helico.com/PYtest_guide_2013.pdf

Doctor basically gave nexium prescription for next 2 months

last month i was off nexium for 3 weeks before stool test and the pain basically increased...
while on nexium part of pain is gone...
i think this pylori bug somehow damaged my mucosal lining and the acid is doing its job
also this feeling of getting slightly stretched in tummy
its basically slight pain and it radiates to back and shoulders

helico4eva

Post by helico4eva »

dont want to bug doctor for ranitidine again..hes pretty frisky with my complaints

i think i will wait 6 weeks more before biopsy/ GI expert opinion to find what needs to be done next

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

you should be able to buy ranitidine from any pharmacy without prescription.

michaeljonson

Post by michaeljonson »

Did you get breath test done? What were the results?
Legacy ER & Urgent Care

helico4eva

Post by helico4eva »

Hello MichealJohnson

as i said in this thread before they dont do breath test in my province

i did a stool test 3 weeks ago and it came as negative for h pylori

but some of my esophagal/ tummy upper GI/ gut pain symptoms remain...they have been reduced

i am reading this book on clean gut and is says to reduce silent inflammation to
--eat healthy fats
--more protein snacks less carbs
--eat more living foods

most of the personal examples in the book had more firmicutes than bacteriotides in gut causing silent inflamation and pathogenic bacterial owergrowth
most people on this diet felt better after reducing weight/ waist size on this diet

i might order a metamatrix test to get to root of this problem

helico4eva

Post by helico4eva »

Helico_expert wrote:you should be able to buy ranitidine from any pharmacy without prescription.

okay good to know that i can get ranitidine in any pharmacy without prescription..sorry did not read your previous post earlier helico-expert

i just totally quit nexium for 3-4 weeks before stool test....my symptoms heartburn actually increased in these 3-4 weeks

stool test came back negative for h pylori 2 weeks ago
i persuaded my doc to give me 2 months of Nexium now...its been 2 weeks on Nexium now and some symptoms have reduced
i am also trying to reduce my weight and going for long walks everyday which helps bit

try gonna reduce carbs intake and increase probiotics

at the start of this mess a year ago i was 200 lbs...i lost 20 pounds in last 6 months...i am trying to reduce 10 more pounds but its way hard to get this excess pounds off

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

good news that you have negative stool test.

it's always good to do exercise. So I support you on that.

by the way, you dont need prescription on nexium either.

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”