Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Good and (really) bad days after my H. Pylori treatment

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

Johno87

Re: Good and (really) bad days after my H. Pylori treatment

Post by Johno87 »

alecvolk wrote:
Helico_expert wrote:Thanks for your update. We desperately need positive stories like yours. Hope you'll reach 100% soon.
Helico_expert: A quick update. I had been feeling much better until today. I had fish and rice for dinner last night. In the morning I woke up with pain in my stomach and diarrhea. I also vomited three to four times, and saw small solid chunks of fish I had last night. Right now I have no appetite, feel super nauseous, pain in my stomach, and watery stools.

I just feel really sick. I texted my GI and he mentioned that it doesn't sounds like food poisoning (no blood in stool/ no fever) but said it could be due to bacterial pathogens (whatever that means?). I hope I recover from this soon! I'm mortified that I may have an H. Pylori reinfection. Have had no sexual relations since my eradication.

Let me know what you think.
Hi alecvolk, sorry to hear that. I experienced something similar where I was starting to feel better and then had really bad stomach pain earlier this week. I'm having a breath test done to see if it's h pylori or something else. Hopefully it's just part of gastritis because I really don't want to have to do the antibiotics again.

shid0x

Post by shid0x »

alecvolk wrote:
Helico_expert wrote:omeprazole and other PPI are more thorough inhibition of acid secretion. However, you'll need to continuously take it for a few days to reach the full capacity. You'll also need a few days for its effect to slowly subside.

H2 blocker, like zantac, on the other hand is more acute as in, the effect is immediate. it doesnt block the acid secretion but it provides immediate protection to your stomach and throat. Because it doesnt stay in your body for a long time, you can continue taking it until the day before your follow up breath test.

http://www.helico.com/PYtest_guide_2013.pdf
Thanks so much again, Helico_expert. I discontinued Omeprazole and it appears that the nagging pain I had in my stomach/ mid-region has gone down. I had been taking Omeprazole for about 3 weeks. So, presumably my body got used to it. Yet I still have a periodic spell of bad days with severe stomach/ mid-region discomfort. No sleep or appetite. Feel nauseous. Is it possible that it was being triggered by Omeprazole?

I'm now on 75 mg Zantac and that seems to help.

For some people PPI might not be effective at all.
I did a genetic test a month ago and here what's came back :
(me) is likely to breakdown Proton Pump Inhibitor drugs like nexium, quickly, leaving too little active medication to be effective

CYP2C19 rapid metabolizers break down Proton Pump Inhibitor s too quickly, leaving too little active medication to be effective, potentially reducing their effectiveness. This trait is more common in people of European, East Asians or African ancestry.

This may explain why i had such an hard time after my H.pylori too.

alecvolk

Post by alecvolk »

Johno87 wrote:
alecvolk wrote:
Helico_expert wrote:Thanks for your update. We desperately need positive stories like yours. Hope you'll reach 100% soon.
Helico_expert: A quick update. I had been feeling much better until today. I had fish and rice for dinner last night. In the morning I woke up with pain in my stomach and diarrhea. I also vomited three to four times, and saw small solid chunks of fish I had last night. Right now I have no appetite, feel super nauseous, pain in my stomach, and watery stools.

I just feel really sick. I texted my GI and he mentioned that it doesn't sounds like food poisoning (no blood in stool/ no fever) but said it could be due to bacterial pathogens (whatever that means?). I hope I recover from this soon! I'm mortified that I may have an H. Pylori reinfection. Have had no sexual relations since my eradication.

Let me know what you think.
Hi alecvolk, sorry to hear that. I experienced something similar where I was starting to feel better and then had really bad stomach pain earlier this week. I'm having a breath test done to see if it's h pylori or something else. Hopefully it's just part of gastritis because I really don't want to have to do the antibiotics again.
Johno, hopefully it's just a case of gastritis. From what I understand (based on this Forum), H. Pylori reinfection is possible but not likely. So the odds are at our side.

Johno87

Post by Johno87 »

alecvolk wrote:
Johno, hopefully it's just a case of gastritis. From what I understand (based on this Forum), H. Pylori reinfection is possible but not likely. So the odds are at our side.
Hopefully so. Can't wait to get the test done to see how much more of this I need to deal with.

alecvolk

Post by alecvolk »

Johno87 wrote:
alecvolk wrote:
Hopefully so. Can't wait to get the test done to see how much more of this I need to deal with.
What specific symptoms are you experiencing? And have they gotten better?

Johno87

Post by Johno87 »

Pain ranges from a dull ache and cramping in the area below my rib cage to like I'm being stabbed in the gut. Also feel a little nausea. It's hard to say if I'm making linear progression. I feel depending on what I'm eating some days I feel good while on others I feel worse. The simpler the food I eat (i.e. less processed) the better.

alecvolk

Post by alecvolk »

Johno87 wrote:Pain ranges from a dull ache and cramping in the area below my rib cage to like I'm being stabbed in the gut. Also feel a little nausea. It's hard to say if I'm making linear progression. I feel depending on what I'm eating some days I feel good while on others I feel worse. The simpler the food I eat (i.e. less processed) the better.
Sounds like a standard recovery. Have you confirmed your eradication? How long has it been? Most of my progress was nonlinear. Give it a lot of time - it's a painfully slow, long and drawn out recovery.

Johno87

Post by Johno87 »

alecvolk wrote: Sounds like a standard recovery. Have you confirmed your eradication? How long has it been? Most of my progress was nonlinear. Give it a lot of time - it's a painfully slow, long and drawn out recovery.
Haven't confirmed eradication yet. Have my test next Tuesday, and it's been about 3 weeks since I finished the 14 day triple therapy.

Thanks for the words of support though, it's good to know other people are going through the same thing (although I'd rather no one ever have to go through this!).

alecvolk

Post by alecvolk »

So it appears in my case it was just a bad case of gastroenteritis. Most of the symptoms have gotten better with some lingering around.

Johno87

Post by Johno87 »

alecvolk wrote:So it appears in my case it was just a bad case of gastroenteritis. Most of the symptoms have gotten better with some lingering around.
That's good to hear man. Keep us posted with your recovery!

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”