Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Natural relief

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

breakfreerut

Re: Natural relief

Post by breakfreerut »

Hi kookaburra,
What is the lists of natural treatments that you have used?
I'm alergic to Erythomycin and all of its family and I'm very limited to the medications that are available.
Like you, I was shocked that the prescriptions costs over $300 and I didn't proceed with it.
I was prescribed by the centre of digestive diseases the 2nd line of treatment but after I read about the side effects I was put off, not to mention the price tag too!

I've been doing some research may main natural treatment is , brocolli, apple cider vinegar, 20mg of red wine a day, olive leaf extract, celery..
like you I've completely avoided sugars, soy, and all gluten (flour, breads etc.)

Could you share your list of natural treatments?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

what about amoxicillin and bismuth? H. pylori never get resistant to these two antibiotics. you can reuse them over and over again.

other antibiotics that we use for H. pylori include:
Tetracyclin, rifabutin, metronidazole, furazolidone and ciprofloxacin.

breakfreerut

Post by breakfreerut »

fmt9989 wrote:Medifrance Solution is your ticket for treatment in France.
Medifrance Solution is engaged in the complete arrangement of diagnostics, treatment, and stay in France for foreign residents.Our company ensures a high-quality European service at an affordable price. For maximum comfort of the foreign guests, our team will take care of all administrative and medical formalities. We’ll provide assistance in obtaining a visa, selecting the right clinic and staff, providing a driver and an interpreter, who will accompany you atevery treatment stage.
I don't live in France and unless H Pylori is life threatening, I don't think it would be economically beneficial to travel all the way to France, pay the accommodation costs and hefty medical bill to fight this.
I'm sure that it will be in the ten of thousands of dollars for the overall costs to be treated overseas, it is simply an unaffordable option.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Hi breakfreerut,

those messages are spams. I clean them everyday. Please do not pay too much attention on advertisement like that.
:)

breakfreerut

Post by breakfreerut »

Helico_expert wrote:Hi breakfreerut,

those messages are spams. I clean them everyday. Please do not pay too much attention on advertisement like that.
:)
thanks for the advice! I thought this was a member's only forum and spams can't get through?

Well, I've got about 3 weeks more to retake my H Pyolri tests to know for sure if I still have it. I finished my antibiotics and really I've given up on the natural stuff but of course I'm not going crazy an indulging at anything I fancy.

I don't think H Pyolri has died though. my previous symptoms still exists like morning diarrhea. for the past few days I've been going to the toilet about 3 times a day and I don't know why. My diet hasn't changed much at all.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I think you probably have IBD problem rather than H. pylori problem. H. pylori doesnt give diarrhea.

breakfreerut

Post by breakfreerut »

Helico_expert wrote:I think you probably have IBD problem rather than H. pylori problem. H. pylori doesnt give diarrhea.
Now based on what you've just said..I probably now have 2 problems. I know that my H. Pylori is tested with UBT as positive by 2 doctors.

I've seen a dietician about IBD as well referred to my the Dr. I followed the dietary plan for 2 months without any changes either. This was last year before Nov. and before I went in for colonoscopy that they confirmed my HP.

So now I still can't figure out what's causing this diarrhea and soft stools every now and then. There are NO drastic changes in my diet either. It was pretty constant since I've been following my natural therapy diet plan very strictly.

I've already seen 5 doctors and done many tests but no definite conclusions about this diarrhea.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

yea, IBD is a very poorly understood area. basically, we believe that the microflora is imbalanced and trigger the diarrhea problem. some people solve the problem by eating probiotics or yogurt. Some people use herbal medicine to balance the microflora. I myself have good experience with mint tea.

so the current hot topic is microflora. everyone is trying to figure out what is a good set of microbiota and how they can be used to help people with digestive problems.

since you have H. pylori, maybe you can try the antibiotics treatment. Sometimes, the treatment kills off all the guts bacteria, it's like a reset to your digestive system. Before the microflora grows back, try some probiotics and hope that the good microbes will be able to colonise your guts before the bad ones. This method was mentioned before.

breakfreerut

Post by breakfreerut »

Helico_expert wrote:yea, IBD is a very poorly understood area. basically, we believe that the microflora is imbalanced and trigger the diarrhea problem. some people solve the problem by eating probiotics or yogurt. Some people use herbal medicine to balance the microflora. I myself have good experience with mint tea.

so the current hot topic is microflora. everyone is trying to figure out what is a good set of microbiota and how they can be used to help people with digestive problems.

since you have H. pylori, maybe you can try the antibiotics treatment. Sometimes, the treatment kills off all the guts bacteria, it's like a reset to your digestive system. Before the microflora grows back, try some probiotics and hope that the good microbes will be able to colonise your guts before the bad ones. This method was mentioned before.
I've already completed my antibiotics. Am now waiting for 3 more weeks to be retested for H Pylori.
Since then I've been taking Kefir. I heard it is far better than yogurt. So I've been consuming Kefir (home made) where I just buy the starter kit and do it myself. I've been taking that a lot.

I was also told that I am lactose intolerant but very minor. Whatever the case, I've been avoiding milk. You might be thinking Kefir is dairy based. However, from what I've been reading, after it turns to Kefir, it is basically protein. And NO, whether or not I've been drinking lots of Kefir or not, I don't rush to the toilet at all.

My diarrhoea doesn't happen when I take Kefir, it definitely something else. I've tested it out myself by isolating my consumption with Kefir only...nothing happens.

But for some strange reason, even without Kefir or milk, I still get diarrhoea sometimes in the mornings..like 4-5 days in a row! Strangely it only happens in the mornings!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

so, is it possible to organise an antibiotic sensitivity test to find out what antibiotics your strain is sensitive to?

i mean, you have suffered this since 2009 (maybe longer) and maybe, this antibiotic sensitivity test can suggest the doctor to give you the antibiotics with mildest side effects. and maybe getting rid of H. pylori once and for all can restore your quality of life.

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”