Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Natural relief

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

kookaburra

Re: Natural relief

Post by kookaburra »

mikeauttman wrote:Stevia is an FDA-approved sweetener derived from the Stevia rebaudiana plant in South America. It’s a popular sweetener because, unlike many of the traditional sweeteners on the market, it doesn’t raise blood sugar levels and it doesn’t contain any calories. stevia side effects

Many people use stevia for desserts and to sweeten beverages. It is a very convenient sweetener; it dissolves quickly to instantly sweeten any liquid or beverage.

Thanks, I've been using Stevia intermittently for about 5 years. Stevia also make H Pylori flare up because it is contains a form of sugar. Almost everything contains sugar so my choices are limited.

kookaburra

Post by kookaburra »

Helico Expert, it seems you may indeed be correct.

Test result indicates Streptococcus parasanguinis in my stomach and I'm now on antibiotics. I'm not a scientist so I don't know why that Strep returned a positive UBT.

Additionally, those people who have had H Pylori treatments fail may need seek further diagnosis to see if they are suffering with Strep parasanguinis, especially if they haven't yet had a biopsy. Strep parasanguinis is nasty and can also cause Infective Endocarditis.

I will be having another UBT after the course of antibiotics is completed.

The natural therapies that I am still using are continually easing my symptoms, Strep Parasanguinis thrives on sugar so I did myself a huge favour by elimination almost all forms of sugar including natural sugars and will stay off sugars and on the natural therapies in conjunction with using the antibiotics until my recovery is completed.

I never claimed my natural therapies would cure H Pylori, so they may still give some relief to H Pylori sufferers. Even my mother uses bi-carb soda as an antacid and she remembers her mother sending her to the shop to buy Slippery Elm. I know this link is off topic but I am sharing it because I agree with the comment where it mentions "It's amazing what cures can be found in nature!"

http://www.reshareworthy.com/blushwood- ... in-cancer/

Antibiotics can be helpful, but they've also caused harm and many natural remedies are harmless (many are also harmful if used incorrectly) and some have been in use for eons and may to some extent minimize the problem of antibiotic over-prescribing and mutating superbugs.

Good luck to everyone with their chosen method of treatment(s).

Helico_expert wrote:please forgive me for being skeptical. I am a scientist, so I am just being careful when it comes to data analysis and interpretation. For many years, we heard people claim to have cured from natural therapy, but hard to provide evidence for examination.

Nevertheless, I am sure your symptoms are real. Just not sure if they are truly related to H. pylori or food allergies. have you got a chance to speak to a immunologist or dietitian?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

whoever gave you the report, did they tell you how they found Streptococcus parasanguinis in your stomach? if it is because of you swallowing saliva, then there will be more than just S. parasanguinis. In fact, almost 99% of the bug that you swallowed has no harm as they cannot survive the acidity in the stomach.

kookaburra

Post by kookaburra »

I expect they discovered it when I had the biopsy and I'm guessing it was cultured, the lab tests have been done twice and therefore results confirmed. I've been suffering for at least 5 months with it in my stomach - perhaps it isn't acidic enough! Not only can it survive it can also get into the blood stream and cause Infective Endocarditis. I'm not out of the woods yet.
Helico_expert wrote:whoever gave you the report, did they tell you how they found Streptococcus parasanguinis in your stomach? if it is because of you swallowing saliva, then there will be more than just S. parasanguinis. In fact, almost 99% of the bug that you swallowed has no harm as they cannot survive the acidity in the stomach.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

you are right. if your stomach is not acidic enough, it may survive. So what did your doctor suggest?

kookaburra

Post by kookaburra »

Helico_expert wrote:you are right. if your stomach is not acidic enough, it may survive. So what did your doctor suggest?
Thanks for your reply. Cilicaine VK 500mg - 4 per 24/7 x 14. Had to stop taking them because my stomach has never tolerated antibiotics much in the past, even less so now. Eating extra food usually minimises any side effects but now even that isn't working, Cilicaine VK makes me feel worse, eating more sugar-free and or low fructose food to offset the antibiotics is actually feeding the bacteria - defeats the purpose. Unfortunately, I have multiple health issues, which have a bearing too.

Apparently this bug is resistant to penicillin, so why has he told my GP to put me on Cilicaine VK? :shock: :? :? I'm between a rock and a hard place, not a happy bunny atm. :( :( :(

Congratulations to Barjammer's very talented grand-daughter! Go girl! :D

kookaburra

Post by kookaburra »

Hi Peeps,

If you're not sure that you have H Pylori then maybe it's time to investigate other possible causes for your problems. I'm still suffering with Strep Parasanguis but two courses of Erythromycin has killed it in my stomach but it is still giving me hell in my intestines/bowel. Apparently, it produces Hydrogen Peroxide which could explain the Positive UBT. Here's some recently found websites.

http://www.superbugskill.com

http://bioscreenmedical.com/OurServices ... fault.aspx

More in the next message....

Hope you get some healing soon. :D

KB

kookaburra

Post by kookaburra »

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Sorry Kookaburra, what are those website for?

The first one is about phages and the second one is like a news blog.

phage therapy is a very interesting concept. for many years, scientists all over the world have been trying to hunt for the phage to kill H. pylori. Unfortunately there hasnt been any good success.

kookaburra

Post by kookaburra »

I decided to have the (FMA) Faecal Microbial Analysis and Parasite Testing done by BioScreen Medical and sent my human specimen on 14.12.15. It cost $446.00 and is not covered by Medicare. However, it did provide a more detailed report than the inadequate test done in August which was covered by Medicare.

I authorised BioScreen to send me a copy of the FMA & Parasite results. Here's the brief details -

No parasites.

Streptococcus sp: Overgrowth (specifically gordonii, sanguinis, parasanguinis + Rothia dentocariosa are 4 nasty dental caries)
E.Coli: Undergrowth
Clostridium sp: Overgrowth
Lactobacillus sp: Undergrowth
Eubacterium sp: Undergrowth
Candida sp: Overgrowth

I've had several non-elective surgeries since 1999 and I believe that the antibiotics given orally and through IV are partly to blame for the imbalance. The common dental caries aforementioned don't normally survive in stomach acid, so my digestive enzyme are out of balance too.

I still swear that I had H Pylori and got rid of it with Mastic gum - the pain from the H Pylori was horrendous and very different to the misery these other nasties cause.

I'm waiting for a reply from a Gastroenterologist to ascertain if he is willing to try Phage therapy. I will continue with natural therapies and the low FODMAP regimen. I'm only on a low private health fund but I'm also going to ask them if they will partially cover the cost of the Capsule Endoscopy procedure, because the Gastroscopic Endoscopy and Colonoscopy cannot see all of the G.I. tract, also the Capsule Endoscopy is a lot less invasive.

I've lost 14.4kg in 10 months. I'm still not consuming any sugar/honey/syrups etc and I'm doing my best to avoid the Strep advancing to Infective Endocarditis.

I'm going to write to PM Malcolm Turnbull and the Health Minister and ask that they seriously consider putting the FMA on Medicare as there are too many Doctors who are getting rich from gullible patients who are not getting an accurate diagnosis on the Medicare system and they are becoming habituated on drugs like Nexium, Zantac and other PPIs, sometimes being prescribed broad spectrum antibiotics and their suffering is being perpetuated (whereas it would be far better to be prescribed specific antibiotics after the FMA results indicate what the critters are). There are some great doctors out there, find yourself a good one. I can't afford to travel to Sydney to the Centre for Digestive Diseases otherwise I'd be going there for treatment, a Faecal transplant might help.

All the best!

kookaburra wrote:Hi Peeps,

If you're not sure that you have H Pylori then maybe it's time to investigate other possible causes for your problems. I'm still suffering with Strep Parasanguis but two courses of Erythromycin has killed it in my stomach but it is still giving me hell in my intestines/bowel. Apparently, it produces Hydrogen Peroxide which could explain the Positive UBT. Here's some recently found websites.

http://www.superbugskill.com

http://bioscreenmedical.com/OurServices ... fault.aspx

More in the next message....

Hope you get some healing soon. :D

KB

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”