Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Allergies, Hives & Indigestion

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

maggie55

Re: Allergies, Hives & Indigestion

Post by maggie55 »

I have some of the same symptoms as several. Almost three years ago, I had severe upper stomach pain, chest pain, skin rash, and severe indigestion. I tested positive for h pylori but my gallgladder showed up in a nuclear med test. My gallgladder was removed and h pylori forgotten. I guess I was so sick I did too. I was allergy tested because the rash continued...results mostly normal. My rash and symptoms slowly went away. Not sure if it was meds from hospital.

Three years later...2 mths ago I have literaly had an instant replay of three years ago. My stomach has been gradually hurting and I did notice a funny taste in my mouth. All of a sudden one day I had severe indigestion, my stomach was killing me, and I had foamy indigestion/acid continuously coming up in my throat. My doctor tested me for h pylori in his office (pos) but because it hit me so severe he put me in the hospital. They done a chest xray and I had bronchitis which I had no idea I guess because I left so bad with the other symptoms. My white blood count was very high. They tested me for an immune disorder (neg). Endoscopy showed the lining of my stomach is basically gone per dr. I had the most severe unexplained rashes in the hospital and at home since that to this day hasn't been diagnosed. I am taking Carafate before every meal, clartin in the morning, Prilosec 2x daily, allergra and zantac in the evening, and Ativan (dr said would help with break outs). When a break out starts I go ahead and immediately take a Benadryl. I am now allergic to amoxicillin, motrin, and Tylenol...all new.

My dr wanted to waited for me to start the treatment for h pylori so my stomach could settle. My white blood count is back to normal now twice in a row testing. It has now been about 3 to 4 wks since completed and my symptoms are the same. My life is not the same since this started! I am tired all the time and hardly ever feel good anymore. I have always been hot natured now mostly cold. I am still on the same meds, indigestion a little better but my break out are back to at least 2x a day and usually in the evenings. Stress is defiantly a break out trigger. I am usually always on the edge I think because of the break outs. I have started to notice some swelling in my body. I've went to a gastrologist and had an colonscopy this week (neg) and neg for Celiac disease this week. He started me on a new med cholestramine (may help with breakouts) and suggested a gluten free and diary diet until this is figured out.

My theory is this is all related to h pylori. My husband had it several years back and I figured I have had it the whole time now that I know it is contagious. I have no really true answers. I figured I will request for a retest for h pylori in a couple of weeks.

Any suggestions...sorry so long but it seems several of you are having the same symptoms and wanted you to know you are not alone. Its aweful!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Hi Maggie55,

Thank you for sharing your story. I must say you have some serious symptoms, which I have not heard. I dont believe H. pylori is 100% responsible, but since you have it eradicated, I think it is the right choice. At least you have one bug less to worry about. I agree with your doctor about gluten allergy. You may also want to see a dietitian or immunologist to explore your allergies to certain food or things.

Allergies can be weird. For example, I used to be able to take pain killers like paracetamol. One day during my high school time, I suddenly swell up after taking paracetamol. Since then, I am allergic to all pain killers like aspirin, Voltaren , ibuprofen and others.

Anyway, try anything you can (change diet or probiotics). It's a good idea to retest H. pylori. Also, have you tested anyone (including animals) in the family under the same roof to see if any of them is infected? let us know what happen next.

maggie55

Post by maggie55 »

Good idea testing animals thanks because I have two puddles. I will updated thanks for your suggestions and opinion. At this point I'm open for suggestions.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

In regards to testing animal. you might want to think what happened if they are positive. is it worth treating them? the truth is, it is very likely they are positive and it's even more likely for them to be reinfected (knowing that they sniff and lick each other's butt).

anyway, just saying that you can assume they are positive and avoid sharing food with them (no kissing too). I think that will reduce many other infections than just H. pylori.

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”