Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Just started H. Pylori Treatment...

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

newhpyloridiag

Re: Just started H. Pylori Treatment...

Post by newhpyloridiag »

Hey buddy, good luck for the EGD scope. Hope you are doing fine. Ask the Doc to take a look at the throat too. They start at esophagus, but just request them.

tornado82

Post by tornado82 »

Well, recently came back from Endoscopy. Doctor said he found some stomach polyps so he biopsied them, he also mentioned some microscopic something in the esophagus, so he biopsied that as well. I was still very sluggish and a bit out of it when he spoke to me. He said the polyps usually come back benign. My follow up appt. is next tuesday, September 2nd, so Im likely going to be fighting anxiety again now until then. I did not like the news I recieved. I was surprised to hear the discovery of polyps, and "something" in the esophogus as well. Ive been feeling so much better, but clearly Im not out of the woods on this mess. Feeling really disappointed today. Now to wait 6 more days to find out what the biopsies show.... This will be a long 6 days I fear.

You read a lot about Stomach Ulcers with H. Pylori, but Polyps? Ive read that they show up in less than 1% of patients who undergo an Endoscopy... Bah, just really disappointed.

newhpyloridiag

Post by newhpyloridiag »

I know the wait is the toughest part. Sorry that you have the polyps and what is that "something"? Mostly they are benign in nature.

I am also waiting on a different test related to Blood (low platelet situation, around the 100k mark)and it is freaking me out. The results should come either tomorrow or the day after.

Hope both of us come out of this safely.

stay positive and take care buddy.

tornado82

Post by tornado82 »

Yea, thanks.. Im trying. I fear cancer, no matter how unlikely it may be. Ive been reading up on stomach polyps now and dont really like the things Im reading. It seems pretty rare for polyps to form in the stomach, and the fact that I have them, at my age, is worrisome.

Id love it if Helico_Expert could chime in, if he still reads this thread, and speak to the issue of Stomach polyps regarding H. Pylori. Its not something Ive heard much about...You hear about Ulcers a lot with H. Pylori, but Id be curious what he has to say about someone who has tested positive for h. pylori, undergone treatment, and then 5 weeks later has Polyps showing up in endoscopy.

I really want to know what type of polyp it is, as that will tell me a lot. Unfortunately Ill have to wait till Tuesday before I can ask that question. It really sucks. I dont know why I cant handle stuff like this mentally. Im very mentally strong in nearly all areas of my life until its something like this, which I cant control. I get flat out depressed over it. My girlfriend goes out of the way to make me feel better, but I just feel like crap after this news. I also have no idea what he saw in my esophagus, he didn't elaborate much, he just said something like "It looked like it may be something microscopic so I biopsied it as well" I don't remember the exact word he used to describe the area in question.

Im having some chest pain now since the procedure this morning, especially when I swallow. Its very specific to my central esophogus and I assume this is due to the endoscopy, perhaps where he biopsied. I guess to biopsy you have to do some small cutting of tissue, which would cause a small sore? Just guessing...

Whats worse is I have a 3 day weekend this weekend with Labor Day, and Im not gonna feel like doing crap due to my just overall poor mental state. Just feeling really bummed out about it all, and wish I had more answers. Hope your test comes back with good news as well. Let us know what you find out.

barjammar
Site Admin

Re: Just started H. Pylori Treatment... and POLYPS

Post by barjammar »

Gastric polyps of about 5 mm size are actually quite common (5-10% of people having endoscopy) and are almost always benign. So my strategy is to biopsy one or two so that I can tell the patient that the polyp IS benign. Some say that's a waste of money because it is so rare for a benign appearing "benign fundic polyp" to be anything else.
So I suggest that you stop worrying. Your doctor probably only biopsied the polyp to reassure you. 8-)
Check the link below for information on hard-to-treat cases. Then search the forums for questions and answers similar to yours.
docs/200808%20stenstrom%20Hp%20Treatment.pdf

tornado82

Re: Just started H. Pylori Treatment... and POLYPS

Post by tornado82 »

barjammar wrote:Gastric polyps of about 5 mm size are actually quite common (5-10% of people having endoscopy) and are almost always benign. So my strategy is to biopsy one or two so that I can tell the patient that the polyp IS benign. Some say that's a waste of money because it is so rare for a benign appearing "benign fundic polyp" to be anything else.
So I suggest that you stop worrying. Your doctor probably only biopsied the polyp to reassure you. 8-)
Appreciate you chiming in Barjammar. I value your opinion greatly given your expertise. My GI didn't get to elaborate, and I was still really sleepy and had just come back awake when he spoke to me, so I have no idea what size the polyps were, how many there were, or what type of polyp he found. He never said wether the polyps looked benign or not, or that they seemed small and non serious. If he had told me that I probably wouldn't have worried. He merely let me know he saw polyps and took biopsies. You mention Fundic polyps which I have indeed been reading about, but in my reading Fundic polyps seem to be strongly related to long term PPI use, is that not correct? I assume its not the only cause of fundic polyps however. I am 31 years old, 5'8" and 120 lbs (Ive always been a wiry build, and slightly underweight my entire life) and I have not taken PPI long term - just for a period of about 50-60 days for H. Pylori triple therapy treatment. Ive been blessed with good health in my life and rarely even go to a doctor, aside from a yearly physical, which I have always passed with flying colors. I take at most 4 or 5 Tylenol/advil per year for the odd stubborn headache, but aside from that Ive never taken drugs or been a pill popper. There are probably many years over the last 15 id say where I didnt even take a single advil. I say this because I am trying to understand why Polyps have popped up, and at my age. I understand NSAID's are a known cause of ulcers and stomach irritation which could lead to formation of polyps, but I very rarely take them. Im reading that most polyps show up in person's over the age of 55 or so.

I realize I may be over reacting to the news, but as someone who has always felt healthy and who rarely even gets the common cold, this is all a big shock to me. My GI said he saw some redness in the stomach as well, suggesting some irritation or inflamed spots. I just dont understand what has caused this, unless H. Pylori treatment has been a total failure and H. Pylori is still causing this, but if it was H. Pylori the polyps would be Hyperplastic polyps, not Fundic gland polyps, correct? Obviously the big scary one in the room is the Adenomas Polyp, which is most often linked to cancer.

Maybe my GI biopsied them because he was alarmed by them? Yea, im being really pessimistic now, but if it is true that polyps are common (5-10% seems rare to me) then perhaps he didnt like what he saw. Will these polyps be something that I have to now keep an eye on? In other words, scheduling an endoscopy every year or so to watch them? I know of many people who have had polyps show up on colonoscopy and their Dr. advised them to have a colonscopy every year to watch them, I assume that is to make sure they do not become cancerous or grow larger. Im trying to gauge how bad the news I got yesterday really is. I dont have an intimate working knowledge of these things like a practicing doctor, I can only attain book smarts on the subjects, which in many cases can make you worry more than you should.

I appreciate any insight you can provide, given your intimate understanding and experience with these things. I always seek to gain an intimate understanding of anything that affects me, but its hard to do reading medical papers, studies, and other sources. I plan to bust out a full sheet of questions tuesday at my follow up. my top 3 questions right now are How many polyps were found? What were their sizes (how big was the biggest?), and what type of polyps are they (were they all the same type?) ? Hopefully he can answer all of these questions.

Ill post the results of my follow up Tuesday afternoon and Id love to hear your opinion on the results.

cc910

Post by cc910 »

If you can answer me I will donate to this forum. This bug is effecting my quality of life to the most severe extent.

I also have just started the triple treatment with an extensive history of anti-biotics, I'm hoping that my body isn't resistant to the treatment. The doctor that I have gone to isn't very knowledgable or informative with what is going on. I have resorted to treating myself along with the triple treatment. I have two questions for you:
1. I read that taking probiotics during the triple treatment makes eradication 10-20% more likely. Do you have any evidence to back this up, what is your professional opinion on this?
2. I also have acid reflux and have been reading on how to cure this and H Pylori naturally. My question to you is, can I do both treatments simultaneously without one canceling the other out? I took a look a the pics from my endoscopy and my stomach inflammation is so severe that it makes me believe I have had this bug for a while now (years even) considering all the side effects that have been following me- constipation, bloating, fatigue, anxiety, bad breath, etc. A list of methods I have been approaching are as follows:
-one table spoon of baking soda with water
-one table spoon of Manuka honey
-one shot of Apple Cider Vinegar
-doing an oil pull with coconut oil
-Mastic Gum 500mg
-Betaine HCL 648mg
-DGL
-Monolaurin

As well as eating a lot of brocolli and drinking water with lemon. Do you have any other suggestions for what I should include in my diet?

Please help, thank you kindly.

tornado82

Post by tornado82 »

cc910 wrote:If you can answer me I will donate to this forum. This bug is effecting my quality of life to the most severe extent.

I also have just started the triple treatment with an extensive history of anti-biotics, I'm hoping that my body isn't resistant to the treatment. The doctor that I have gone to isn't very knowledgable or informative with what is going on. I have resorted to treating myself along with the triple treatment. I have two questions for you:
1. I read that taking probiotics during the triple treatment makes eradication 10-20% more likely. Do you have any evidence to back this up, what is your professional opinion on this?
2. I also have acid reflux and have been reading on how to cure this and H Pylori naturally. My question to you is, can I do both treatments simultaneously without one canceling the other out? I took a look a the pics from my endoscopy and my stomach inflammation is so severe that it makes me believe I have had this bug for a while now (years even) considering all the side effects that have been following me- constipation, bloating, fatigue, anxiety, bad breath, etc. A list of methods I have been approaching are as follows:
-one table spoon of baking soda with water
-one table spoon of Manuka honey
-one shot of Apple Cider Vinegar
-doing an oil pull with coconut oil
-Mastic Gum 500mg
-Betaine HCL 648mg
-DGL
-Monolaurin

As well as eating a lot of brocolli and drinking water with lemon. Do you have any other suggestions for what I should include in my diet?

Please help, thank you kindly.

You should start your own thread cc910 if you want better help, rather than taking someone elses thread off topic.

tornado82

Post by tornado82 »

I'm having some light pains in my stomach this morning. I had them some yesterday as well. Its mild, but very targeted to specific areas. One area on the left, one area on the right. I'm wondering if this is normal after endoscopy. Would the action of taking biopsies cause small cuts/sores in the stomach that I would feel? The pain is like a light burning sensation, but feels somewhat targeted and isn't moving around. I have not had any blood in stool that I've noticed, and I have been making a point to check the color of stool for bleeding. Stools have been a bit more loose than normal since the procedure but not full liquid.

newhpyloridiag

Post by newhpyloridiag »

I guess the pains are due to the biopsies as they would cut little tissue from the polyps as well as the normal areas for Hpylori test. One thing you should understand is, the standard ranges are not correct always. You might be having those polyps for years and never even known about it. I can understand how worried you area, but you should understand that in life you only can be in control of some things. Those results will be normal. The more and more you try to understand it with the online literature, the more worried you will get. Just go out there and enjoy the Labor day.

Regarding my situation, the Doc said, I may have a blood disorder/disease which is attacking my platelets. He said all the cell sizes, shapes, numbers are good and no blast/cancer cells but some T-cells appear to be clonal (little higher than normal). Then I got online and I couldn't find any information on this except for some research papers and even the Doc didn't appear to have any idea about what he was talking about. He give me copy of 2 research papers to read and nothing was helpful. I guess he didn't know how to read the results from flow cytometry test. The bad thing here is I don't have a reference range to check what my platelet count was (never went to the Doc before June). So donno whether I am having this from long time or it started this year. So he said we have to watch you, get your blood work done every 2 months to 3 months. He also ordered an ultrasound of the spleen to make sure I am not having an enlarged spleen (he did physical exam and said he suspected slight enlargement). It was a depressing news but Yesterday I decided, fuck it whatever happens as there is no point in keep worrying and wasting time.

Like you my only worry is/was we are in early 30s

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”