Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Just started H. Pylori Treatment...

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

tornado82

Re: Just started H. Pylori Treatment...

Post by tornado82 »

Yea, I done about 3 hours of research last night on my blood results. Some of the items I was familiar with, but many I was not. Most of the items that were just barely out of normal range I found are actually in a normal range according to other sources. It seems that the only 2 real abnormalities is the elevated CK, which suggests some muscle damage, and the elevated Neutrophilis, which has several causes. The ER ran a separate cardiac test that showed CK-B as being normal, so that suggests the CK reading as high is not due to the heart. I'm a bit unsure what elevated the CK value as I don't recall any muscle damage when I went to the ER, but It seems like a minor thing. The more serious of the two is the elevated Neutrophilis which is likely the only real red flag on my blood results. They were elevated pretty substantially. The ER doctor never raised any issue with it in the ER however, and my previous physicals Ive had must have been normal because my doctor never brought it up either. Im going to put it down as a non issue for now but I will mention it to my doctor when I see them again, and request to see my last years physical results for comparison.

My chest is acting up a little still these last 3 days, but it comes and goes during the day now like you would expect acid reflux to behave rather than being 24 hour constant pain like I had previously. I wish I understood what caused this all of a sudden to start happening but alas, such is life I guess.

newhpyloridiag

Post by newhpyloridiag »

How about your appetite? Is it back to normal? Are you having any feeling full feeling? Any bloating, gas, belching or other symptoms, other than chest pain? When are you planning to take the follow-up test? Are you taking the stool test or the breath test?

Both my Doctors advised stool test. Donno why, may be they are just lazy to do the breath test or may be saving some money for the insurance and there by themselves. I guess you know how the HMO insurance work. The Doc (Primary Care Physician) has an allowance that he can use for testing purposes, based on the number of patients. Say few million dollars. They get paid 2 to 3% for the difference between the actual and allowance, if the actual is less than the allowance. I looked up and the stool test is 90 bucks where as the breath test is 150 bucks. Also this may be the reason, these Docs are not even advising follow-up eradication test unless you talk to them about it (just playing dumb by relying on the research that 90% people are Hpylori free after the treatment anyways).

tornado82

Post by tornado82 »

I do have some burping, but Im not sure if its something new or if Im only noticing it because Im so hyper aware of everything now. But, I do seem to burp at odd times, like in the morning when showering when I havent eaten or drank anything yet, etc. My appetite is normal. Im not having any kind of diarrhea or anything. Bloating and gas is minimal if any. Nothing I would say out of the ordinary. The sticking issue with me is the chest, and always has been, even before the H. Pylori diagnosis. My stomach has never been the problem in any of this. Its been chest pain and discomfort in the mid esophagus area. It just feels achy and off, like something isnt quite right, but not any kind of bad pain. I have had some coughing as well, and at times a little pain when eating mouth fulls of food.

The GI doc plans to check me for H. Pylori eradication in the endoscopy procedure. They will biopsy some small areas in the stomach to check for H. Pylori. It is the most invasive way to check for eradication but since I am having it done anyways, they will essentially kill 2 birds with one stone. Try to see what is going on with my esophagus, then check the stomach as well. So, I doubt I have either stool or breath test done at this point. My endoscopy is on august 27th, so I have a ways to go yet.

My chest felt a little better yesterday and feels decent today. It seems to just be day to day right now. Some days its achy, some days it feels almost normal. Ive been trying to pin point what could be triggering the random pattern. It seems my esophogus will just flare up for a couple days at a time with irritation or something then kinda heal back up and go away, then randomly show up again. It often doesnt seem to be tied to eating, laying down, or anything typical with acid reflux, so Its been confusing.

newhpyloridiag

Post by newhpyloridiag »

That's good. I think your Pylori must have been eliminated.

My symptoms related to Pylori have almost completely gone. My appetite is back. No fullness, burping (rare), bloating, nausea, gas, etc. Stool is back to normal. I am thinking the test will be negative next week. I am taking pro-biotic pills from 10 days and that's when everything started to get better (don't know if it is coincidence).

The problem I still have is this dizziness. It is bothering me too much, especially when I am indoors. I have an appointment with the Neurologist coming Thursday. Hope she can figure out what is wrong.

tornado82

Post by tornado82 »

hmm. Dizziness would have to be unrelated I would think. Do you have allergies? Allergy issues can cause prolonged dizziness. About 3 years ago I had a period of Id say a good 2 months or so where I had issues with dizziness and lightheadedness. I would notice is mostly in the morning when getting out of bed, or when sitting up after laying down on the couch or something. Id have to close my eyes for a second and put my head in my hands. I never went to the doctor over it, and it eventually just went away. I have not had any issues with it since. I never was able to really pin point what caused the issue to begin. The only thing I would suggest is allergies, or something else you may be breathing in. Any mold issues in the house? Oddly enough this issue I had went away about the same exact time I moved into my own house out of a condo I was renting. The bathroom in that condo always grew mold a lot on the walls and in the tub because it was poorly vented and would hold moisture. If everything else with your health looks fine, You may consider taking a peak in your attic and around your house for any water leaks or signs of black mold. Mold in a house can cause several allergic reactions when the spores are breathed into the body. Ongoing dizziness is one such symptom. It could be some other allergy as well. Just some suggestions to consider :)

Let us know how your pylori test comes out, and what you find out about the dizziness as well.

Helico_scientist

Post by Helico_scientist »

Dizziness could also be due to ear infection

tornado82

Post by tornado82 »

newhpyloridiag:

Are you still taking a PPI or did you drop it? Im thinking of dropping the PPI im taking now. Im not sure if I should continue it for a while longer or if its ok to just drop it at this point. If it is doing me any good Im not really aware of it.

If Helico_expert see's this, Im curious in your practice when you tell patients to come off the PPI ? Do you keep them on the PPI for a certain period after H. Pylori treatment? I think I may just not take it starting tomorrow and see what happens.

Also: Any recommendations on a Pro Biotic pill? I want to get a pill I can take but there are a million options out there.

newhpyloridiag

Post by newhpyloridiag »

Helico_scientist wrote:Dizziness could also be due to ear infection
Helico_scientist,

Went to the ER on Saturday afternoon. The Doctor checked my ears and said they are fine. He just looked with some device for few seconds. They ordered a CT scan of head without contrast and it came back normal. They did other routine blood work and all of it is normal. I have an appointment with Neurologist this Thursday.

What kind of ear infections?

I don't have any hearing problems or ear related discomfort. My symptom is just lightheadedness.
Last edited by newhpyloridiag on Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

newhpyloridiag

Post by newhpyloridiag »

tornado82 wrote:newhpyloridiag:

Are you still taking a PPI or did you drop it? Im thinking of dropping the PPI im taking now. Im not sure if I should continue it for a while longer or if its ok to just drop it at this point. If it is doing me any good Im not really aware of it.

If Helico_expert see's this, Im curious in your practice when you tell patients to come off the PPI ? Do you keep them on the PPI for a certain period after H. Pylori treatment? I think I may just not take it starting tomorrow and see what happens.

Also: Any recommendations on a Pro Biotic pill? I want to get a pill I can take but there are a million options out there.
No, I stopped PPI 2 weeks back. It was slight discomfort for 2 days but after that it is fine. You can try stopping it. If you are able to eat properly without fullness, bloating, gas, belching, reflux, etc --- you can stop the PPI and your follow-up test most likely will be negative.

I am taking the "Trader Joes Acidophilus and Probiotic Complex, 50 Tablets, 2 Billion Organisms Per Tablet". It is just 6$ and I would definitely recommend it. Take 2 pills 30 minutes before you start eating in the morning.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Most doctor will advise their patients to gradually stop the PPI. However, if you feel that you can just stop the PPI, you can.

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”