Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Try Again: Need some help and advice please...

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

Laurite13

Try Again: Need some help and advice please...

Post by Laurite13 »

I think I posted this in the wrong place. Excuse me for reposting but I really need some help and advice as soon as possible.

I had a positive breath test come up for H Pylori and had a colonoscopy and endoscopy that showed severe and chronic gastritis and a high level HP infection found in the tissue biopsies. I have been sick for quite a while but just lately the severe stomach distention, weight gain and fatigue have been extremely bad.

My doctor wants to give me Pylera with Omeprazole for 10 days. I am not opposed to the antibiotics but am VERY scared of the Omeprazole. Besides not being able to comprehend why one would want to lower the stomach acid, I am really worried about some side effects of the PPIs that some people I know had. I have had a history of severe anxiety and worry about having bad panic attacks on this med.

I have got to try and get rid of this infection once and for all but, to be honest, I am scared. My doctor said that the Omeprazole will raise the likelyhood of eradication for I just don't see how this is possible. I am thinking of taking the Pylera without it but would like some advice. I would also like to know if others had serious side effects from their PPI as well.

Thanks so much
Laurite

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Try Again: Need some help and advice please...

Post by Helico_expert »

I answered in the other post
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=204499

Helico_scientist

Post by Helico_scientist »

Hi,
Omeprazole is ALWAYS used with the antibiotics for H. pylori eradication. It reduces the acid in the stomach so the antibiotics can work. If you don't take it, the antibiotics won't have any effects. Many people in the world take omeprazole for several months without the antibiotics to help with their symptoms. The side effects are very rare. Usually people are a bit concerned about the side effects from the antibiotics, not omeprazole. And, the side effects only last the time of the treatment, if there is any. I think the anxiety is not helping. Stop reading what people say on internet. When you think about it, people who does not experience side effects are not going on internet to talk about it, so what you read is only from a small amount of people compare to the millions of people whom are completely fine taking this treatment. I understand you are tired but try to relax and think positively. This treatment is here to help you get better and millions of people are glad this treatment exist as it can eradicates this naughty bacteria. So don't worry and give it a try.

Deela

Post by Deela »

Hi Laurite13, i realize its been a long while since your post and not sure if you’re still active on this forum...if yes, could you kindly share your recovery experince...i hope you are fully recovered and healthy!! I am going through some of the symptoms you mentioned. Did you recieve the treatment and follow-up re-test? Has the weight gain stopped? And the bloating? Any advice/experience you can share would be appreciated!

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”