Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Update: Done with triple therapy

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

erichild

Update: Done with triple therapy

Post by erichild »

I finished my triple therapy treatment on Monday, November 5th, which I am glad for since the antibiotics were really beating the crap out of me in ways I don’t want to get into. My appetite has returned and I feel better; however, I still have heartburn and stomach burning for periods in during the day. Finally, I grew a brain (and regained) my sanity and I went to a primary care physician (instead of the Immediate Care) on Monday for a follow up to ask questions about the burning. I am relieved because I feel I now have a doctor who finally “gets it.” He checked me out and told me that the h.pylori creates a lot of damage in the upper stomach and esophagus which needs time to heal. He had all my records (same building) and test results, and prescriptions, and he saw that I was given one 40 mg Nexium a day for the triple therapy instead of Prevacid. He told me that we need to really reduce the acid in my stomach so things can have a chance to heal. My new pills are two 30 mg Prevacid and two 150 mg Ranitidine twice a day for a month since it can take weeks to heal, then a follow up. After that I have to do a stool test when the time is right. I have been on my pills a two days. Physically I feel better being off of the antibiotics; it’s the heartburn and upper stomach burn which is annoying me. Yes, weeks to heal. So now I have to be patient--which is hard. It' been a rough 4 weeks of fighting this.

The funny part is when you are in so much discomfort, you, of course, search the internet for that ultimate solution. Friends also tell you of a major cure. I told the doctor some of the things I found--cranberry juice, goldenseal, rosemary tea, gluten-free, mastic gum and etc--and he slightly chuckled. He basically told me when it's inflamed, nothing helps other than getting rid of the h.pylori and reducing stomach acid.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Update: Done with triple therapy

Post by Helico_expert »

when it's inflamed, nothing helps other than getting rid of the h.pylori and reducing stomach acid.
your doctor is correct. The healing can take weeks or even months. Unfortunately, some reflux can never go away after H. pylori treatment. it's not sure why. Some scientist therefore suggest that H. pylori prevent reflux.

erichild

Post by erichild »

I am okay with that, as long I am aware of it. In the Immediate Care, I was eventually given the triple therapy and told I would be fine in a week. No one told me it would take weeks (months) to heal and the heartburn to dissipate. I think I am getting better with this round of acid reducers so far. I have been on them for 3 days and have a month to go. I still have light burning throughout the day, but I read it can take a week or two to get the full effect of the PPHs. Since I think I was under a massive infection for a week and a half before I finally got the TT, I have to be resolved that it will take a while to heal. I feel better all around: no sweating, bloating, fatigue, anxiety, or heavy heartburn; although my appetite is still not quite what it was, and I bletch heavily after a meal. The TT didn't help my stomach and I think it's still rather screwed up. Now it's hard to tell whether my stomach is churning and growling because I am hungry or its all of the pills I am taking. Expected, I guess. It was (is) a nasty bug and not something that I want to encounter again. Hopefully I will get cleared up after this round of PPHs this month and I can retest a few weeks after I am am off it.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Just relax and eat plenty of fruits. keep us posted on your treatment.

erichild

Post by erichild »

I am trying to relax. I had a flareup of stomach and chest burning last night. I didn't get much sleep. Frustrated.

erichild

Post by erichild »

I was okay this weekend. Not terrible, but not good either. I still get flareup of gastritis and GERD. I am being so careful of what I eat, but frankly I don't think it matters. My stomach is really messed up. I took Zantac an hour ago and I started to get burning immediately. Weird. Going away slowly now. What's tough is the fatigue I feel during the day. I feel like I am in a fog. I looked online and I saw that h.pylori can lead to Vitamin B12 deficiency, Is there any truth to that? I started to take my daily multivitamin just to feel like I am doing something. It's a long road.

lvmmyof2

Post by lvmmyof2 »

I will be praying for your recovery and healing. I just finished my first round and it didn't work. Reading your posts have brought me to tears in that I have felt the same anxieties. Google searches on this have only made things worse for me.

Hope you feel better soon!!!!

erichild

Post by erichild »

lvmmyof2 wrote:I will be praying for your recovery and healing. I just finished my first round and it didn't work. Reading your posts have brought me to tears in that I have felt the same anxieties. Google searches on this have only made things worse for me.

Hope you feel better soon!!!!
Me too; for you. Searching the internet regarding this topic is good, on one hand, and horrible, on the other hand. I have learned a lot about the bacteria; but I also think nonstop internet research makes you more paranoid and creates more anxiety. I have forced myself to stop looking around on the internet for magic teas, mastic gum and other 'miracle' herbs, and I mainly stick to this forum to get my information--and my doctor, of course. My anxiety has decreased; and I think I am starting to feel a little better. I still have stomach burn and heartburn, but it's not as bad as it was the past few weeks; and the attacks have lessened. Perhaps I am just dealing with it better, I don't know. I still have two weeks left of a 4 weeks Zantac and Prevacid regimen (last antibiotic was taken on November 5th), then it's back to the doctor for a stool test in December. Hopefully I have knocked this sucker out. I am trying to learn to be patient with it; it won't just clear up in a week, so I have to come to terms with it. The good thing is that I have been able to get sleep and my appetite is back. :D

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”