Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

H Pylori Treatment Questions

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

ryan92

H Pylori Treatment Questions

Post by ryan92 »

I made a test in march,ELISA test and it came back positive
igg 1.4
igm 29
The lab doctor said I had been infected only recently. And it made sense because I had anal intercouse with a girl and some days after we exchanged oral sex. So its possible I took it from giving her oral sex. Also in another event I fingered her butt but forgot to wash my hands.

All that aside I din't want to use antibiotics at the time so I used ground seeds of nigella sativa
for about 1 month according to this:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3003218/

A few months later I started having prostatitis symptoms, pain in penis, testicles and they found enterococus faecalis in my urethra. I took 10 days cipro/ornidazole 2 times aday.
Then 7 days azithromycin
Then 17 days moxifloxacin.

Since it was early infection is it possible to have eradicated this with the use of antibiotics?

Also is it true that h pylori needs a triple therapy repeated every 6 months x 4 times?

Thank you

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: H Pylori Treatment Questions

Post by Helico_expert »

The antibiotics you took may have already kill off H. pylori.

The blood test only tells you your exposure to H. pylori. You need to do another confirmation test by either breath or stool test.

The breath/stool test will be able to tell you if you are currently infected with H. pylori.

However, the antibiotics you took recently may interfere with breath/stool test. So you'll need to wait one month after stopping all treatment to get a reliable breath/stool test result.

trixsta1847

Post by trixsta1847 »

Hi

I am new to this forum and i have found it to be extremely helpful in understanding h pylori.

I was wondering how long should one wait after taking (vermox) mebendazole 3 day parasite treatment to do an h pylori breath test in order to avoid a false negative.

Thank you so much for your help.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

hi,

the minimum wait is 2 weeks. But 4 weeks would be the best to avoid false negative.

by the way, not sure if you aware, this website is founded by Prof. Barry Marshall, together with Prof. Robin Warren, they are the discoverer of H. pylori and awarded the Nobel Prize in 2005.

Prof. Marshall is also the inventor of breath test, rapid urease test, and the treatment.

ryan92

Post by ryan92 »

How can I check if I have it other than blood? Is stool test reliable?
Urea breath test is not available here

Can you answer, is the H pylor protocol, as follows: triple therapy done 4 times every six months
for successful eradication?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

stool test is reliable. However it depends on the technician doing it. The more experienced laboratory technician usually gives better accuracy.

The standard H. pylori treatment is
Proton pump inhibitor - usually esomeprazole 20mg, 2x a day.
Amoxicillin 1000mg, 2x a day
Clarithromycin 500mg, 2x a day

The above treatment is to be taken for 10 or 14 days.

ryan92

Post by ryan92 »

10-14 days one time right?

I dont know why in albania they do it fot 10 days, and repeat it 4 times every six months
is that wrong? I wonder why do they think it needs to be repeated every six months

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

It doesnt have to be repeated 4 times every 6 months. You probably misunderstood.

Nevertheless, after the 10 or 14 days treatment, you need to wait 4 weeks to get a follow up breath test to confirm the eradication. Once H. pylori is confirmed killed, then there is no need for further treatment.

ryan92

Post by ryan92 »

This is how they do it here bro. The lab doctor explicitly said:
You take the the antibiotics, every 6 months so it will last 2 years. I'm 100% sure of it.
And a friend of mine who was diagnosed in the same clinic, repeated the cure 4 times for 2 years
And the last time (4rth time) he developed mouth candida or something from the abxs

Do you know if h pylori lives in urethra? Since I had unprotected anal sex once

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

i can assure you that it doesnt have to be treated 4 times.

so where are you from?

H. pylori doesnt live in the urethra.

You may catch H. pylori via fecal-oral or oral-oral route.

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”