Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin.

This is a non-profit website. We dont even have those annoying advertisement. We tried our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori. We provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here donating to keep our forum alive.

Biopsy came back negative... still confused..

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

curiousgeorge007

Biopsy came back negative... still confused..

Post by curiousgeorge007 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:25 pm

31 M, asian decent. I was feeling tired and bloated all the time, so I decided to see a GI doctor. He took x-rays, found colon in my stool prescribed miralax.

Had blood work done, all was normal. Just recently had an endoscopy done, and biopsy came back negative. I did a h pylori triple treatment regimen in June, and since then I have been feeling 50x more bloated even though samples show h pylori eradicated. I feel I may have gastroparesis, sibo, undetected h pylori?

ANYTHING I eat makes the bloating worse, I get full quickly. I have tried FODMAPS diet, antidepressants, hyoscyamine, bentyl,, plethora of other meds. I am at the point where I want to try antibiotics again, just amoxicillin to see if maybe I have some sort of bacterial infection. I belch so much, feel very lethargic, and am becoming very depressed with this bloating. I am very healthy, low BMI, eat clean, exercise.

I feel like docs are just saying IBS-C because we really don't know what is wrong with you.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Biopsy came back negative... still confused..

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:08 pm

in Australia, 80% of people with gastric symptoms are not related to H. pylori. Unfortunately we still dont know what causes the digestive problem.

Return to “Treament for Helicobacter”