Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

To reduce SPAM, all post from new members with less than 1 post will require approval from web master.

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin.
Contact admin click here

This is a non-profit website. We dont even have those annoying advertisement. We tried our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori. We provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here donating to keep our forum alive.

miRNAs in bacteria?

Scientific questions might be discussed here - maybe someone technical can answer them and provide special insights.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar, stomach

mrswoody

miRNAs in bacteria?

Post by mrswoody » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:35 pm

Does H. pylori have miRNAs that may target p27 in humans?
I am not a scientist but it is my understanding that only viruses possess miRNAs.
I thank you very, very much for any response.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: miRNAs in bacteria?

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:41 am

wow.. this is a tough one. the simple answer is yes, HP has microRNA and I would expect every living things to have it. This is a relatively new topic and scientist is still scratching the surface to understand what does it do. It seems like it has a purpose of regulating gene expression. But how it itself is regulated is unknown.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22919587

michaeljonson

Re: miRNAs in bacteria?

Post by michaeljonson » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:26 pm

Yes H.plyori has microRNA (miRNA) which further causes inflammation.
Legacy ER & Urgent Care

Return to “Basic Science / Molecular Epidemiology / Evolution”