Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

H pylori and my story

Weird questions go here! If your question doesn't quite fit the other categories, use this section.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, stomach

DonaAta

H pylori and my story

Post by DonaAta »

Hi,

I am so happy I found this forum. I want to tell you my story.

Jan 2018 my husband had some tummy pain and he was going to all kinds of doctors and finally aftter 3 months he had Gastroscopy and they found the bacteria. After 10 days of Antibiotics and 2nd testing, this time urea breath, he is h pilory free.

My issue started in March, tingling sensation (no pain) on left side of my belly, I lost 5 kgs, constipation, lots of gas, frequent urination, body shaking in the morning, high heart rate ..dizziness, brain fog, head pressure..
AND..reading all night of symptoms on internet while going to th ER almost every week, had ultrasound, blood tests for anemia, thyroid etc, urine test..and all came outnegative.
I had also one symptom that was worying me the most and that was 24/7 brain fog, brain gog and dizziness. I could wake up at night from the dizziness..The doctors were telling me the brain fog and dizziness are not from the h pylori and the tingling sensation next to my belly could be a nerv.
I told them my husband had a simillar tingling sensation with pain, although I didnt have a pain. The doctors were telling me all is from anxiety and pannic attacks. I must mention I do have panic attacks and axiety, however I never felt this strange way before and 24/7 dizzy, so I wasn't sure whats happening at all.

Finally I went to a private lab and had a Urea breath test back in Mid May and The test result came positive. I went to the ER at 5 am in the morning as I woke up shaking and had a strong panick attack, the dizziness, head preasure hasnt stopped for 3 weeks (24/7) too. They prescribed me zoloft ( i am not taking zoloft as of yet)and the dr prescribed me an HP pac, finally I could relax a bit as I felt that has caused all my symptons on top of worrying too much before this result was out.

I bought the HP Pack on May 20th and started taking them on May 21st. I had one more pannic attack on May 20th and at night May 20th my head cleared somehow. On may 21st, I started taking the antibiotic treatment for 10 days and besides the metalic taste I felt amazing and very energetic, no constipation no diziness, nothing..

I finished the treatment on May 31st and 2 days later, the dizziness returned. Now I cant figure out why I get the dizziness and brain fog and it really bothers me.

2 days before my antibiotics were over I started having kind a pins and needles sensations around my lowest rib bone of my both sides of my ribs. The pain was instant, for 1 second then goes away and comes back from time to time, especially if I atr more...the most that bothers me is the dizziness and brain fog. I started taking now prevacid once a day for 3 weeks and I plan to go for another urea breath test. My questions are the following:

1. How long do I wait for to take the breath test after the 3 weeks prevacid is over.Do I wait 2, 3 or 4 weeks after the prevacid?

2. Do I need to take endoscopy to get a biopsy or I is not needed?

3.Could that dizziness and head pressure be from the bacteria? I finished the Hp pack and that is the only annoying symptom that returned 2 days after I finished the treatment.

4. My son is 7 yo and he doesnt have any symptoms yet. doctors say if he doesnt have any symptoms, not to test him.

Thank you soo much for your help and I really appreaciate your replies and suggestions.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: H pylori and my story

Post by Helico_expert »

nice story. I hope your treatment works and you will gradually feel better.

1. prevacid is lansoprazole. According to our guideline, you need to wait at least a week without taking it. But the longer you wait, the more accurate the breath test will be. by waiting longer period, you are giving HP more time to build up the mass. Hence, more bacteria, more accurate.
https://www.helico.com/PYtest_guide_2013.pdf

2. If you had never done an endoscopy before, you can have one done just to get a baseline. So in the future when you have other gastric disease that you need an endoscopy examination, you can always have this one to compare with.

3. H pylori is more commonly known to cause trouble in the stomach. scientist are finding out if microbiota in the intestine may affect individual's emotions. you can try search google about guts brain theory. briefly, scientists say there are as many brain cells in your guts in compare to your brain. And these gut's brain cells are in constant contact with microbes. Perhaps the microbes are sending signals to your guts brain, which ultimately affect your emotion. perhaps H. pylori has impact on your guts microbes too. nobody knows for sure yet.

4. agree with your doctor. your son is too young. Usually children will not have stomach ulcers and cancer. Just make sure you dont share food with your son to avoid getting H. pylori back from him.

DonaAta

Post by DonaAta »

Thank you helico expert! I have one more questin if I may ask. Does Zoloft interfere with the urea breath test? I am thinking of starting Zoloft but not sure if it can make false breath test results. Thank you 8-)

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

As long as it doesnt affect the stomach acid, it wont interfere with breath test. So, yes, it is ok to take zoloft.

Sam1027

Post by Sam1027 »

I got myself absolutely alright using this few ingredients which everyone can use and get alright...very easy.
I was horrible too. Fealt like I was about to die..
If anyone interested please contact me.
We can be alright. Don't worry.

Hi,

I am so happy I found this forum. I want to tell you my story.

Jan 2018 my husband had some tummy pain and he was going to all kinds of doctors and finally aftter 3 months he had Gastroscopy and they found the bacteria. After 10 days of Antibiotics and 2nd testing, this time urea breath, he is h pilory free.

My issue started in March, tingling sensation (no pain) on left side of my belly, I lost 5 kgs, constipation, lots of gas, frequent urination, body shaking in the morning, high heart rate ..dizziness, brain fog, head pressure..
AND..reading all night of symptoms on internet while going to th ER almost every week, had ultrasound, blood tests for anemia, thyroid etc, urine test..and all came outnegative.
I had also one symptom that was worying me the most and that was 24/7 brain fog, brain gog and dizziness. I could wake up at night from the dizziness..The doctors were telling me the brain fog and dizziness are not from the h pylori and the tingling sensation next to my belly could be a nerv.
I told them my husband had a simillar tingling sensation with pain, although I didnt have a pain. The doctors were telling me all is from anxiety and pannic attacks. I must mention I do have panic attacks and axiety, however I never felt this strange way before and 24/7 dizzy, so I wasn't sure whats happening at all.

Finally I went to a private lab and had a Urea breath test back in Mid May and The test result came positive. I went to the ER at 5 am in the morning as I woke up shaking and had a strong panick attack, the dizziness, head preasure hasnt stopped for 3 weeks (24/7) too. They prescribed me zoloft ( i am not taking zoloft as of yet)and the dr prescribed me an HP pac, finally I could relax a bit as I felt that has caused all my symptons on top of worrying too much before this result was out.

I bought the HP Pack on May 20th and started taking them on May 21st. I had one more pannic attack on May 20th and at night May 20th my head cleared somehow. On may 21st, I started taking the antibiotic treatment for 10 days and besides the metalic taste I felt amazing and very energetic, no constipation no diziness, nothing..

I finished the treatment on May 31st and 2 days later, the dizziness returned. Now I cant figure out why I get the dizziness and brain fog and it really bothers me.

2 days before my antibiotics were over I started having kind a pins and needles sensations around my lowest rib bone of my both sides of my ribs. The pain was instant, for 1 second then goes away and comes back from time to time, especially if I atr more...the most that bothers me is the dizziness and brain fog. I started taking now prevacid once a day for 3 weeks and I plan to go for another urea breath test. My questions are the following:

1. How long do I wait for to take the breath test after the 3 weeks prevacid is over.Do I wait 2, 3 or 4 weeks after the prevacid?

2. Do I need to take endoscopy to get a biopsy or I is not needed?

3.Could that dizziness and head pressure be from the bacteria? I finished the Hp pack and that is the only annoying symptom that returned 2 days after I finished the treatment.

4. My son is 7 yo and he doesnt have any symptoms yet. doctors say if he doesnt have any symptoms, not to test him.

Thank you soo much for your help and I really appreaciate your replies and suggestions.

marshlongman

Post by marshlongman »

Any updates?

bengy94

Post by bengy94 »

Hello, I am experiencing same symptoms, for 6th months belly pain and dizziness, I was positive in h pylori after the test. Took antibiotics for 8 days, and began to feel better 3 days after the treatment was almost normal without pain and dizziness after couple of months but agai after 3 days dizziness and brain fog came back and abdominal pain again but less than before. I still didnot retest myself but this state is making me feeling terrible. Can u suggest me something?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I think you should get a follow up test. otherwise we will never know if it is due to H. pylori.

ankiwo72

Post by ankiwo72 »

I must say, there are so many strange symptoms that this bacteria causes. Bottom line is, (at least for me) if weird symptoms disappear at treatment then come back after treatment then treatment failed. I’ve been through treatment so many times I can tell just by those weird symptoms sometimes as soon as a few days into treatment if it isn’t working. You know your own body and what it is telling you. If you sense something is wrong, most likely there is. I can pinpoint the times that I knew treatment failed because certain pains would come back, pains that my doctors would say were not related to H. Pylori but for me, we’re totally related to the infection. Sometimes the pains came back a few days after the end of treatment, and sometimes the pains would come back a few days after treatment began. But there would be a period of symptomatic relief before symptoms returned. Somehow the infection affects my immune system/inflammation which makes certain things hurt. And these symptoms are totally separate from my mood which had (for at least the first several treatments) been optimistic and hopeful. Now, not so much so, LOL

Return to “Everything Else 其他”