Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin.

This is a non-profit website. We dont even have those annoying advertisement. We tried our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori. We provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here donating to keep our forum alive.

Gerd/Heartburn

Weird questions go here! If your question doesn't quite fit the other categories, use this section.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar, stomach

hyjinks

Gerd/Heartburn

Post by hyjinks » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:05 pm

After taking triple antibiotics for H-pylori several years ago, the H-Pylori has gone, but I have had chronic Gerd/Heartburn ever since then. Does anyone know why this would happen?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Gerd/Heartburn

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:34 am

I have heard about this. Some very unfortunate patients develop reflux symptoms after getting rid of H. pylori. I dont think the reason is fully understood. However, have you checked if your H. pylori is truly eradicated?

hyjinks

Post by hyjinks » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:05 am

Yes, the H-pylori is gone per 2 subsequent endoscopes. I may never find an answer.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:17 am

In that case, I think the only solution now is wait. I have seen cases where the reflux gradually subsided and eventually recover to normal. But I dont have a time frame.

tmogkawaii

Post by tmogkawaii » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:01 pm

I was not smart at all. You guys have to have to explain.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:40 am

please be more specific on what you would like us to explain.

Return to “Everything Else”