Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

To reduce SPAM, all post from new members with less than 1 post will require approval from web master.

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin.
Contact admin click here

Susceptibility to viruses?

Weird questions go here! If your question doesn't quite fit the other categories, use this section.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar, stomach

mrswoody

Susceptibility to viruses?

Post by mrswoody » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:15 am

Hello,

I do not have H. Pylori, however, both my parents had it and subsequently both got stomach cancer. I currently have a diagnosis of fibromyalgia and a new clinical phase II trial shows that anti-virals substantially help some fibro patients. HSV-1, by the way, is being detected in the stomach of some fibro patients. Would my genetic predisposition to stomach cancer make me genetically susceptible to viruses that can invade the stomach? I know that this is a strange question.

Thank you!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Susceptibility to viruses?

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:33 am

There are three factors that contribute to stomach cancer. 1. genetic; 2. diet; 3. H. pylori.

Host Genetic plays the most important role, follow by diet and lastly, H. pylori. For your case, I dont know how susceptible are you to the virus, but I would recommend you to do frequent checkup.

kartahon1

Post by kartahon1 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:29 pm

I currently have a diagnosis of fibromyalgia and a new clinical phase II trial shows that anti-virals substantially help some fibro patients.????
han ya na kuch tu kaho

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:11 am

i am sorry. this forum is dedicated to H. pylori inquiries. I have a quick look and found this article.
Seropositivity of HP IgG antibody in the fibromyalgia patients was significantly higher than in the control group.
but i think the above quote is not very helpful to you.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21120564

Return to “Everything Else”