Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin.

This is a non-profit website. We dont even have those annoying advertisement. We tried our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori. We provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here donating to keep our forum alive.

Links between B12 deficent and H Pylori

You mostly catch H.p. as a child. In most studies it was found that children has the same strain as their mother. In developing countries transmission is common when hygeine is poor, or when water and food is contaminated with faeces. H.pylori likes moisture so toilet areas must be kept clean and dry.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar, stomach

weemaw

Links between B12 deficent and H Pylori

Post by weemaw » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:41 pm

Hi,

I have had a bit of an up and down year! I was diagnosed with B12 deficiency in March this year and was put on a loading dose of B12 injections. All my symptoms seemed to clear up and I felt almost human again!

At around the same time I took up walking - including a 100 mile walk in June that was in the blistering heat and I used a water bladder in my rucksack ( I'm thinking water contamination) . A few weeks after my walk I started to get an anxious feeling in my stomach, feeling as though I had too much air and I thought my heart was racing too!! I put this down to the fact I needed my b12 injection in July, but even after I had my jag I was still feeling poorly. My energy levels slumped and I thought my injections weren't doing the job.

I made an appointment to see my doc - who after explaining my symptoms asked me to drop in a stool sample to check for H Pylori. A week later he confirmed this to me and I am now in the middle of my triple therapy!! ( Going well so far :D )

What I'd like to know is - can H pylori cause B12 deficiency or vice versa? I had my gallbladder removed 5 years ago and it seems to have generated more problems!!! I have also had IBS like symptoms for years!!

Anyone else the same??

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Links between B12 deficent and H Pylori

Post by Helico_expert » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:46 pm

H. pylori is associated with B12 deficiency. Not vice versa. How H. pylori cause it is not known.
:)

glad to hear you are on antibiotic treatment. make sure you finish the course to avoid antibiotic resistance.

Return to “Dirty Water / Fecal-Oral”