Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

To reduce SPAM, all post from new members with less than 1 post will require approval from web master.

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin.
Contact admin click here

spreading hp

How do you catch Hp? From your mother when she kisses you? From brothers and sisters as a small child? From sexual partners as adults (kissing)? From dirty water (fecal contamination)? From animals? Who knows???

Moderators: Toni, barjammar, stomach

spreading hp

Post by tanyaval » Sat May 12, 2012 1:44 pm

i was infected with hp a couple months ago, I also just had a baby 6 months ago and have been hugging her and kissing her since she was born. I'm scared that I gave her the bacteria. I can not imagine her going through what I went through. Should i have her tested? shes only 6 months:(

Site Admin

Re: spreading hp

Post by Helico_expert » Sat May 12, 2012 6:44 pm

dont worry about it. many people in the world is infected with this organism and they dont even know it. besides, research in US showed that H. pylori infection in young age maybe be beneficial. ... /167/8/821

Site Admin

Re: spreading hp

Post by barjammar » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:40 am

Good News: In a study of 60 mothers in Belgium, mothers did not transmit Hp to their babies in the first year. To be careful, just make sure you have good dental hygiene. If there is any doubt, a stool antigen test can check for Hp in a baby (if it was me, I would have this done after I myself was cured). Adult family members can have a UBT. Probably breast milk protects up to 6 months after feeding stops.
Check the link below for information on hard-to-treat cases. Then search the forums for questions and answers similar to yours.

Return to “Epidemiology and Transmission ( How do you catch it?)”