Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Three and half months post eradication

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Sajal

Three and half months post eradication

Post by Sajal »

Two months after completing triple therapy I went for endoscopy and the diagnosis was 'Negative' for h pylori, but I still had mild gastritis and duodenitis.
It's been around 3 and half months but I still have complications.

Lately, I came to the conclusion that I still have a lot of acidity and burping(often acidic). This happened since I stopped taking acid blockers (ppis and h2 blockers). Excessive acid secretion made me start Ranitidine again, but I have to take a dose of 300mg thrice daily. Even after being on such a high dose, I still have two much bloating because of which I cannot sleep.

I have decided to go for another teat as I still have doubts regarding eradication of h pylori.

My questions to you:
1) What test should I go for?
Here in India I have options of endoscopy, stool test and blood test. However, for stool test I will have to go to private pathologist and thus I don't consider it trustworthy. What would you suggest experts?

2) Is it normal to have too much acidity even after three and half months post eradication?

3) Can inflammation in stomach be a cause of acidity?
(I never felt any sort of pain in my stomach)

4) I have observed that I feel bloated ( full of wind in stomach that is relieved when I get a burp) when I have acidity. Can acidity cause bloating?

5) I have had Amoxicillin, clarithromycin and esomeprazole as a first round therapy. What would be the best combination in case the test comes positive? (Bismuth is not available in India)

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Three and half months post eradication

Post by Helico_expert »

You can try stool test. but try not to have PPI for at least 2 weeks before the test. You can use ranitidine during this 2 weeks of waiting.

The hike of acid and bloating is "common". Hopefully you'll experience this episode less and less in the future.

The acid can sometimes cause inflammation.

Bismuth is a very good drug for H. pylori. You can try getting bismuth from www.trimed.com.au

chetanvenki

Post by chetanvenki »

Sajal wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:46 pm
Two months after completing triple therapy I went for endoscopy and the diagnosis was 'Negative' for h pylori, but I still had mild gastritis and duodenitis.
It's been around 3 and half months but I still have complications.

Lately, I came to the conclusion that I still have a lot of acidity and burping(often acidic). This happened since I stopped taking acid blockers (ppis and h2 blockers). Excessive acid secretion made me start Ranitidine again, but I have to take a dose of 300mg thrice daily. Even after being on such a high dose, I still have two much bloating because of which I cannot sleep.

I have decided to go for another teat as I still have doubts regarding eradication of h pylori.

My questions to you:
1) What test should I go for?
Here in India I have options of endoscopy, stool test and blood test. However, for stool test I will have to go to private pathologist and thus I don't consider it trustworthy. What would you suggest experts?

2) Is it normal to have too much acidity even after three and half months post eradication?

3) Can inflammation in stomach be a cause of acidity?
(I never felt any sort of pain in my stomach)

4) I have observed that I feel bloated ( full of wind in stomach that is relieved when I get a burp) when I have acidity. Can acidity cause bloating?

5) I have had Amoxicillin, clarithromycin and esomeprazole as a first round therapy. What would be the best combination in case the test comes positive? (Bismuth is not available in India)
Hi Sajal,

which part of India are you from ? I am from India too and suffering from h.pylor infection.

in India Stool test is not accurate I guess, because I got tested with Dr Lal Pathlabs and came out negative but UBT and endoscopy RUT came positive. Best option for you to have UBT test. Its available in Appollo Hospitals, but its ammonia based test not same as C14 UBT test which is available in Chennai https://www.canrayhealth.com/services.php.

Sajal

Post by Sajal »

Hi there chetan...

I am from Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh.
Do not trust results of Dr lal path labs. They carry the test inattentively. Also, the experts pathologist there are inexperienced.

I have heard about the breath test in some extravagant hospitals; however, I would suggest you to go for endoscopy (RUT or histology) as it is carried by Gastroenterologist itself.

Since when are you experiencing the symptoms? Have you taken the antibiotics therapy?

Do share your experiences.

chetanvenki

Post by chetanvenki »

Sajal wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:11 am
Hi there chetan...

I am from Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh.
Do not trust results of Dr lal path labs. They carry the test inattentively. Also, the experts pathologist there are inexperienced.

I have heard about the breath test in some extravagant hospitals; however, I would suggest you to go for endoscopy (RUT or histology) as it is carried by Gastroenterologist itself.

Since when are you experiencing the symptoms? Have you taken the antibiotics therapy?

Do share your experiences.
I am experiencing the symptoms since last 10 months. I have failed last three antibiotics therapy, I just completed 4th therapy. I have also bough Bismuth from USA through my friend which I am planning to take if my 4th therapy also fail. UBT is non-invasive than Endoscopy RUT, also after therapy the distribution of h.pylori is less and RUT could give false negative. Therefore after therapy UBT seems to be best test than Endoscopy. I am also planning to visit AIIMS Delhi next time, heard Vineeth Ahuja is good GI and he has done many research on h.pylori. Also I want to check if they do Antimicrobial susceptibility test for h.pylori, as I cannot take any more chances with antibiotics. Need to know the resistance for antibiotics before next therapy.

haneterro

Post by haneterro »

I share similar experience. Its been 4 months since I have been diagnosed with Hpylori, gastritis and GERD A/B. I took triple therapy and confirmed eradication using stool test a month ago. After the triple therapy I was taking PPI's for a 6 weeks,

Most of the symptoms including freezing chills, dizziness, reflux and heavy chest pain have gone away, however I am still experiencing the bloating and stomach numbness (mostly on right side). I do not feel burning and pain, however the worst problem is that when the stomach is being numb and bloated, it is harder to breath which increases the level of anxiety.

I found out that taking antacids help in matter of minutes, however I have been taking few of them daily, specially in second part of the day (I don't have any problem while sleeping).

I read that these symptoms are more less normal, however are they ? Is taking antacids on daily base ok for a long run until the stomach heals ?
How long will it take to get back to normal ?

Sajal

Post by Sajal »

Hi there haneterro...

I understand your situation as we are on the same boat.
I also do not experience any sort of abdominal pain, but yes, bloating is a major concern for me as well. It's been three and half months post eradication yet I have to suffer a lot. Ppis do work to stop excessive acid secretion but I did not find it effective in controlling bloating.
It's good thing that you have successfully eradicated the bacteria. I think it is a matter of time now. Some people in this forum took couple of years for recovery. Stay positive bro! Things will get better for sure.

Maria.b

Post by Maria.b »

Hi sorry to jump post but could u please confirm does h pylori cause constipation or diarrhea or neither please

Sajal

Post by Sajal »

Hi there maria

H pylori cause numerous upper gastrointestinal symptoms and it is certainly associated with diarrhoea as well. As far as constipation is concerned I myself have suffered several bouts of constipation here and there since I started experiencing the symptoms but nothing major as such.
Also, diarrhoea and constipation are predominantly a major side effects of various antibiotics used to eradicate h pylori. For instance, Bismuth Amoxicillin and clarithromycin etcetera.

Please have it in mind that I am not an expert but a sufferer like you, and whatever information I gave is based upon the various articles and assessments I have gone through over the past few months out of my own misery.

You can always clarify your doubts from the experts in this forum. They have the most absolute and updated information with respect to h pylori.

I hope soon we all fight ourselves out of this agony.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

H pylori leads to inflammation. And inflammation can lead to either constipation or diarrhea.

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”