Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Update after endoscopy

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

newpylori

Update after endoscopy

Post by newpylori »

Today went back to doc to discuss results of endoscopy.

The tissue samples + culture turned out no evidence of HP. But all specimens show "moderate chronic inflamation" or "mild chronic inflammation".

But the doc observed a "fold" during endoscopy and from here took tissue sample. The report for this specimen says "moderate chronic inflammation and reactive hyperplastic changes. Focal mild incomplete intenstinal metaplasia is identified. No activity or morphologically identifiable HP is identified (HP stain performed). No evidence of dysplasia or malignancy.

But she still suggested I do another endoscopy in 3 years.

Is this normal damage from the HP which thankfully now seems gone? Does this mean I have higher risk of stomach cancer later? I am 53 now. Male.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Update after endoscopy

Post by Helico_expert »

sounds like your HP is now gone. I agree that you should do another endoscopy in 3 yrs time.

when you are over 50 yrs old, or when certain damage is done that is non-reversible, the cancer risk remain high. That's why we encourage people to get treatment even when there is no symptoms.

newpylori

Post by newpylori »

Thanks for the reply.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to keep risks low.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Prof Marshall likes to prescribe Vit C to reduce risk of gastric cancer.
you can take moderate dose of Vit C daily to reduce the risk.

newpylori

Post by newpylori »

Thanks!!

The stomach discomfort and mild pain that occurs, should I pop the Omeprazole or just bear with it, and rely on diet control etc., now that the HP is gone?

I am worried about drug dependence so about three weeks before the scope I had stopped and didn't resume.

Mushtaque 65

Post by Mushtaque 65 »

dear sir,
i got H Pylori 6 months ago did triple therapy and did rabeprozole 2 months but i have lost appetite last 1 year,i have indigestion n constipation,i have Gastritis grade A and Esophagitis ,i have depression i don't feel any happiness its very serious have acid refulx i have burping some time
Breath test negative i did breath test after 3 months but by mistake i took 2 tablets 20 mg ULCERBERX i day ago breath test this will effect berath test result
why i have no taste in tongue
no wish to eat tasty food
i fasted daily 16 hours no food no water but still i dont feel like eating after 16 hours fasting why
Dr Marshall please help and reply
i am 53 years old male INDIAN please divisive how to avoid stomach cancer
can i also take daily Vitamin C for avoiding stomach cancer
i am forum member
name Mushtaque 65
email id spacematerix52@gmail.com

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

newpylori wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:00 pm
Thanks!!

The stomach discomfort and mild pain that occurs, should I pop the Omeprazole or just bear with it, and rely on diet control etc., now that the HP is gone?

I am worried about drug dependence so about three weeks before the scope I had stopped and didn't resume.
If PPI can ease your symptom, you should take it.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Mushtaque 65 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:35 am
dear sir,
i got H Pylori 6 months ago did triple therapy and did rabeprozole 2 months but i have lost appetite last 1 year,i have indigestion n constipation,i have Gastritis grade A and Esophagitis ,i have depression i don't feel any happiness its very serious have acid refulx i have burping some time
Breath test negative i did breath test after 3 months but by mistake i took 2 tablets 20 mg ULCERBERX i day ago breath test this will effect berath test result
why i have no taste in tongue
no wish to eat tasty food
i fasted daily 16 hours no food no water but still i dont feel like eating after 16 hours fasting why
Dr Marshall please help and reply
i am 53 years old male INDIAN please divisive how to avoid stomach cancer
can i also take daily Vitamin C for avoiding stomach cancer
i am forum member
name Mushtaque 65
email id spacematerix52@gmail.com
Have you done a follow up checkup to see if you still have H. pylori? if you have not done endoscopy before, you should book one.

newpylori

Post by newpylori »

Helico_expert wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:15 am
If PPI can ease your symptom, you should take it.
Thanks for the advice! I will try that out.

Mushtaque 65

Post by Mushtaque 65 »

This Mushtaque
Yes Sir
I have done Endoscopy found H pylori n Gastritis n Esophaitis Grade A in Nov 2018 Indian Doctor gave LEVOFLOXCIN N AUGMENTINE 1MG coruse for 10 days N PPI RABEPROZOLE for 2 months when i stop PPI in Jan 5 2019 my tongue had white trush doctor gave again AUGMENTINE 1 MG for 10 days may be for CANDIDA but since Jan 2019 i have lost interest in food not feeling hungry but i forcefully eat when its lunch or dinner my aim is SURVIVAL IS FOR FITEST so eat if you donot feel hungry some time i have only burping n mostly constipation due to indesgtion since HP some time i feel full n can not eat i have bad breath since last 1 year i take laxatives but i have another problem now last to months guts controlling brain no happiness in life i donot care about any thing whats going around me not bothered about wife n kids no feeling luke going to work due to strange feeling inside stomach H PYLORI Has runied my life earlier 3 therapy are failed 4 th therapy lefloxcin Augmetine 1mg n Rabeprazole has eradicate my H PYLORI but symptoms are same main problem lost interest in eating in day to day life in sex n happiness no motivation no goals no friends no entertainment had ED so sex drive zero no taste in tongue only postive things are no major weight lost my weight 83 to 85 plus minus my height 5 11 inches but have always gas n blasting after HP therapy my waist was 37 inch before food it goes to 40 n 41 inches after food my stomach is hard like rock when i push it no vomiting no cramps no pain no blood in stool please advice what should i do life has become difficult
I remember 100 percentage it all started when a new doctor i went gave me NEXIUM 40MG for 1 month free of cost he told me take this its good for acidity which i did not needed i never had acidity in my life i went for my ear pain n doctor gave me NEXIUM 40mg n after stoping NEXIUM all started heart burn burping acidity etc then it become worst n I DID ENDOSCOPY and foun HP this new Doctor gave NEXIUM to all patients sevral were illerate construction workers also that day who were along with me

Regards Mushtaque INDIAN

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”