Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Update after endoscopy

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Update after endoscopy

Post by Helico_expert »

4 th therapy lefloxcin Augmetine 1mg n Rabeprazole has eradicate my H PYLORI
How did you find out that your H. pylori has been eradicated? did you do a breath test or stool test?

your depression is probably not due to H. pylori. But do speak to a doctor who can physically examine you.

Mushtaque 65

Post by Mushtaque 65 »

Dear Sir
I did breath test ITS 13 C BREATH TEST Done on 22 April 2019 BASAL 30 Minutes came 4.0 DOB cut of point is 4.0 n imy test was exact on brodeeline pf 4.0
Restul shows DOB is 0.743 HP NEGATIVE is this result correct
My doctor gave me 2 days ULCERBERX then above test result came i had 2 months off PPI till 20 April 2019
Is this result ACURRATE
pls advice

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

i assume the 0.7 DOB breath test was done recently after April treatment?

0.7 is pretty low. You did stop all treatment for at least 2 weeks before the breath test right?

Just want you to know that breath test is relying on the bacteria load and stomach acid. If you take any medication that can reduce stomach acid or/and bacterial load, then you can get a false negative result.

Mushtaque 65

Post by Mushtaque 65 »

Dear Sir
Complete levoflaxicin Augmetine 1mg n PPI RABEPROZOLE 8h Nov 2018 to 18 Nov 2019 then on 2 times day RABEPROZOLE Till 8 th Jan 2019
Then i stopped Rabeprazole for 4 weeks felt horrible n also tongue was full of white trush may CANDIDA went to Doctor he gave 10 days AUGMENTINE 1MG and started RABEPROZOLE for 4 weeks it was till 17 March 2019 then did Breath test UBT on 22 nd APRIL 2019 i was off PPI for 4 wweks 17 MARCH 2019 till 20 April 2019 only had 1 PPI Tablet on 21 April Morning n 21 st night
On 22nd morning did 13UBT results came DOB 7.34 HP NEGATIVE
Is this correct mistake of 2 tablets taken may shows false NEGATIVE results
Please advice
An please advise is acceptable range of DOB HP Chart high n low cetria
Thanks a lot Sir for Help

newpylori

Post by newpylori »

Helico_expert wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:37 am
Prof Marshall likes to prescribe Vit C to reduce risk of gastric cancer.
you can take moderate dose of Vit C daily to reduce the risk.
I've started with 250mg... Is that enough? It's actually a 500mg pill I just split.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Mushtaque 65 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:50 pm
Dear Sir
Complete levoflaxicin Augmetine 1mg n PPI RABEPROZOLE 8h Nov 2018 to 18 Nov 2019 then on 2 times day RABEPROZOLE Till 8 th Jan 2019
Then i stopped Rabeprazole for 4 weeks felt horrible n also tongue was full of white trush may CANDIDA went to Doctor he gave 10 days AUGMENTINE 1MG and started RABEPROZOLE for 4 weeks it was till 17 March 2019 then did Breath test UBT on 22 nd APRIL 2019 i was off PPI for 4 wweks 17 MARCH 2019 till 20 April 2019 only had 1 PPI Tablet on 21 April Morning n 21 st night
On 22nd morning did 13UBT results came DOB 7.34 HP NEGATIVE
Is this correct mistake of 2 tablets taken may shows false NEGATIVE results
Please advice
An please advise is acceptable range of DOB HP Chart high n low cetria
Thanks a lot Sir for Help

17 Mar Stopped Rabeprazole
21 Apr Took one Rabeprazole tablet in the morning and night
22 Apr did UBT

your UBT result came back as 7.34
What's the cut off? for C13 breath test, the cut off is usually 4.0. Any value above 4.0 is consider as positive. However, different laboratory may have different cut off value.

Nevertheless, it is possible that the rabeprazole tablet you took the day before can affect your breath test result. Should have taken Zantac instead of rabeprazole.

Mushtaque 65

Post by Mushtaque 65 »

Thanks for your Reply Sir and Appreciated

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

newpylori wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:04 pm
Helico_expert wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:37 am
Prof Marshall likes to prescribe Vit C to reduce risk of gastric cancer.
you can take moderate dose of Vit C daily to reduce the risk.
I've started with 250mg... Is that enough? It's actually a 500mg pill I just split.
it doesnt matter if it's 250 or 500mg. the access will pass through urine. However, that doesnt mean you can overdose it.

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”