Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

H pylori eradicated still very gaseous

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: H pylori eradicated still very gaseous

Post by Helico_expert »

If you have no reflux and ranitidine or PPI is not helping with your gas symptoms, then you can gradually stop it.

The gas and burping is difficult to explain. I know someone who has never been infected with H. pylori and yet experiencing burping everyday. So even if your HP eradication is successful, it may not solve your burping problem. Nevertheless, it's a good try and without H. pylori, at least your stomach will gradually become healthier.

Sajal

Post by Sajal »

Does it mean this cannot be due to gastritis?

I never had any problem related to gas and burping before i get infected. Thus, my gas and burping issue is definitely either because of gastritis or the previous presence of h pylori.

cyprian zimunya

Post by cyprian zimunya »

Helico_expert wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 11:29 am
I have used ciprofloxacin before ..should i add other antibiotic such as levofloxacin there because other antiniotics such as furazolidone are not widely spread in my country
Ciprofloxacin and Levofloxacin are from the same family. resistant to one will mean resistant to all similar antibiotics in the same class. Furazolidone is possible, but perhaps you should try rifabutin or tetracycline first. Rifabutin and tetracycline have less side effect compare to furazolidone.

talk to your doctor about them.
So i will use amox ,bismuth ,tetra and ppi ..because those are the antibiotics which i can easily find in my country

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I never had any problem related to gas and burping before i get infected. Thus, my gas and burping issue is definitely either because of gastritis or the previous presence of h pylori.
I think
1. Your burping may or may not be because of H. pylori. H. pylori may have trigger it.
2. Burping symptom can happen with or without gastritis.
3. You dont know when you are infected. Usually people get infected during childhood.

cyprian zimunya

Post by cyprian zimunya »

Helico_expert wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 11:29 am
I have used ciprofloxacin before ..should i add other antibiotic such as levofloxacin there because other antiniotics such as furazolidone are not widely spread in my country
Ciprofloxacin and Levofloxacin are from the same family. resistant to one will mean resistant to all similar antibiotics in the same class. Furazolidone is possible, but perhaps you should try rifabutin or tetracycline first. Rifabutin and tetracycline have less side effect compare to furazolidone.

talk to your doctor about them.
So i should take ..amox+bismuth+tetra+esomeprazole...because those are the antibiotics i can only manage to get..i have tried cipro and metro ..so is it possible to give that a try

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

So i should take ..amox+bismuth+tetra+esomeprazole...because those are the antibiotics i can only manage to get..i have tried cipro and metro ..so is it possible to give that a try
PPI + bismuth + Amoxicillin + Tetracycline. Can give that a try.

Since you had tried Levofloxacin, ciprofloxacin wont work. Similarly metronidazole wont work for you.

Presh23

Post by Presh23 »

Hey Sajal,

You are not alone. I have the exact same symptoms. I was diagnosed with chronic gastritis. Just finished my therapy and now waiting to go back and do a UBT test.

Sajal

Post by Sajal »

Thankyou for replying paresh.
I hope you recover fast and fine.
It's been three months now since I completed my triple therapy and I am still recovering.
Please feel free to ask anything anytime..

Sajal

Post by Sajal »

Helico_expert wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 8:42 am

I think
1. Your burping may or may not be because of H. pylori. H. pylori may have trigger it.
2. Burping symptom can happen with or without gastritis.
3. You dont know when you are infected. Usually people get infected during childhood.
I did the last endoscopy on 19th of april, 2019. It showed mild antral gastritis and duodenitis (RUT negative).I don't think even today my gastritis is healed. I think of stop taking acid blockers (it's been over three months since I finished triple therapy and started taking ppis and Ranitidine alternatively) as it's not doing anything.
Is it necessary to take acid blockers otherwise my gastritis would get worse? If not, I don't find any other reason to stick with a useless medicine for this long.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

you can try PPI and see if it helps with your symptoms.

PPI, such as rabeprazole, is a much stronger acid blocker than ranitidine.

ranitidine is a fast acting, but doesnt last long in your stomach.

Rabeprazole is a slow acting, but last much longer in your body.

You can try for a month and see if it helps.

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”