Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Another new victim of the dreaded bug ..my story

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

IWiLLBEATYOU

Another new victim of the dreaded bug ..my story

Post by IWiLLBEATYOU »

Hi all,

I’m a very healthy athlete but 16 weeks ago my stomach suddenly burnt like hell while I was sleeping and I couldn’t sleep , I drink some bicarbonate of soda and not even that helped ..so I though it was just a bad case of indigestion but the stomach symptoms persisted for days like burning and my upper stomach felt rock hard like lead in my chest..so I went to the docs and given PPI for acute gastritis ..took them and still no relief so I used aloe Vera and liquorice and bland diet and it helped and I started to feel better ..then I ate some spicy food which I love and hell it flared up again but worse this time .. as days progressed I started to feel weak and tired with muscle plus I was losing weight fast and could even work or do my training ..so I continued to calm the symptoms which were kind of manageable but 2 weeks ago (14 weeks later ) a friend mentioned about helico bacteria so I went back to the doc and requested a stool,test for helico bacteria and I tested positive ..GREAT I knew something was bugging lol 😂

So now I have been given triple therapy anti biotics but haven’t taken them as my training buddies told me to fix it naturally with oregano , garlic , mastika gum low sugar diet which I have been doing which has really calmed my bug ridden stomach but I think it’s calmed it rather than cured it as my stomach still bubbles a lot , I’m always passing wind , diarrhoea .. I’ll give it another few days then I might just go on to the triple therapy for a week ..but I have some questions for the knowledgeable folk ..

1.Say I probably had this since childhood is it possible the bug has caused damage to my gut even though I had no stomach inflammation or issues like this ..or would the h pylori have to be active due to weak immunity to cause damage as I was concerned about long carcinogenic effects ..

2.When you eradicate bugs with antibiotics your given a h pylori count but I have noticed some people still have low numbers of the bacteria after treatments and they still say it’s s negative ..isn’t this a great opportunity for the bacteria to multiply again ?

3.How long does it take for h pylori gastritis to cause potential cancerous mutations , I’ve read it takes years of inflammation and long term ulceration ? Is this true ? Also I was told you must have the genome from your family to get gastric cancer ..

4.If two partners have h pylori can they still have sexual intimacy as I think I have infected my wife ..

5.Can h pylori in the oral cavities reinfect you if you have eradicated the bug

6. If I didn’t bother to use antibiotics to eradicate the bug would there be serious long term implications even if I at least reduced the infestation with natural anti fungal agents ?

Thankyou so much for your great forum and the great advice here Dr ..

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Another new victim of the dreaded bug ..my story

Post by Helico_expert »

Thanks for sharing your story.

1. Many people carry H. pylori without symptoms, even at old age. Every one can catch H. pylori but have different disease outcome. Some will get ulcers, some will get cancer. We dont know who will get ulcer or cancer or no symptoms. Perhaps H. pylori contribute to 50% of the reason for ulcer or cancer. Another 50% is your own genetic or diet.

In your case, you have symptoms. Your H. pylori may not give you ulcer or cancer. But it certainly wont give you any benefit either. So, it will be best to have it eradicated when you are still young. prevention is better than cure.

2. It is true that if the antibiotics did not kill them all, the 1% will grow back through time. That is why it is important to do follow up breath test to confirm the treatment success. Once H. pylori is confirmed eradicated, it is not easy for adult to catch it back again. That is assuming that you are hygienic.

3. it will take decades for the condition to get worsen. The risk of stomach cancer increase exponentially through age. The older you are, the higher risk of cancer.

4. It is true that H. pylori can be transmitted via kissing. However, we also have examples of married couples, for decades, never infect each other. We believe that as long as you look after your oral hygiene, the risk of H. pylori transmission will be low.

5. When you take antibiotics, the antibiotics will be absorbed into your body and flow in your blood stream. Every cells in you will be exposed to the antibiotics. There is no hiding place for H. pylori. Not in the gum, not in the guts.

6. As mentioned above, there are many factors to consider if your H. pylori infection can bring you harm in the future. The only good H. pylori is a dead one. As nobody will guarantee to you that you will not get stomach ulcer or cancer in the future, it is best to have it eradicated and you get a peace of mind.

additional tips.. only antibiotics are able to get rid of H. pylori. No natural remedy can eradicate H. pylori.

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”