Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin.

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?



此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Chronic Gastritis Fear

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

Maria.b
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:50 pm

Re: Chronic Gastritis Fear

Post by Maria.b » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:34 am

Sorry to jump into another post its been 14 months since i got the all clear from h pylori and i actually take a stool test every 3 months my condition has improved but im still not 100 percet is this normal? I had endoscope 14 months ago showing intestinal metaplasia and gastritis and im due another endoscope in september i stopped nexium last august and havent taken anything since does it really take over a year to heal? My general dr suggested to start taking controloc but really not sure any suggestions pls x

ankiwo72
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 2:45 am

Re: Chronic Gastritis Fear

Post by ankiwo72 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:12 am

My last endoscopy showed mild chronic inactive gastritis in the antrum and chronic active gastritis in the corpus. Why would the antrum have healed but not the corpus? Can the antrum get reinfected to active chronic gastritis if H. Pylori hasn't gotten eradicated?

Helico_expert
Site Admin
Posts: 3190
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:20 am

Re: Chronic Gastritis Fear

Post by Helico_expert » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:57 am

Maria.b wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:34 am
Sorry to jump into another post its been 14 months since i got the all clear from h pylori and i actually take a stool test every 3 months my condition has improved but im still not 100 percet is this normal? I had endoscope 14 months ago showing intestinal metaplasia and gastritis and im due another endoscope in september i stopped nexium last august and havent taken anything since does it really take over a year to heal? My general dr suggested to start taking controloc but really not sure any suggestions pls x
the recovery is subjective. depending on the severity of the damage. some members took years to be back to normal. But for your case, because you have metaplasia, it is better to have another endoscopy checkup. We shall find out if your metaplasia is improved after your September appointment.

Helico_expert
Site Admin
Posts: 3190
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:20 am

Re: Chronic Gastritis Fear

Post by Helico_expert » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:00 am

ankiwo72 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:12 am
My last endoscopy showed mild chronic inactive gastritis in the antrum and chronic active gastritis in the corpus. Why would the antrum have healed but not the corpus? Can the antrum get reinfected to active chronic gastritis if H. Pylori hasn't gotten eradicated?
The inflammation could be patchy. Perhaps the area where your gastroenterologist took the biopsy is not very inflamed. Perhaps you need another breath test in near future.

Maria.b
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:50 pm

Re: Chronic Gastritis Fear

Post by Maria.b » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:29 pm

Thanku so much for your reply in your experience does metaplasia tend to heal as this really does worry me also is it better i go back on controloc like my new dr says ive managed nearly a year with no meds but i dont want to damage my stomach even more by not taking anything yr advise is much appreciated x

michelleva58
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:01 am

Re: Chronic Gastritis Fear

Post by michelleva58 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:22 am

With chronic inactive gastritis, I am taking 150 mg daily of Zantac. Is this enough? Or is 300 mg better? Still feeling crummy :(

Helico_expert
Site Admin
Posts: 3190
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:20 am

Re: Chronic Gastritis Fear

Post by Helico_expert » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:07 pm

Maria.b wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:29 pm
Thanku so much for your reply in your experience does metaplasia tend to heal as this really does worry me also is it better i go back on controloc like my new dr says ive managed nearly a year with no meds but i dont want to damage my stomach even more by not taking anything yr advise is much appreciated x
This is always in debate. Some doctors see recover of metaplasia and some doesnt. So I guess it's subjective to patient's healing ability. Nevertheless, according to the guideline, patient with metaplasia just get yearly endoscopy can reduce the risk of gastric cancer.


With chronic inactive gastritis, I am taking 150 mg daily of Zantac. Is this enough? Or is 300 mg better? Still feeling crummy
If you find Zantac not very helpful, you can switch to stronger PPI, such as Rabeprazole.

michelleva58
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:01 am

Re: Chronic Gastritis Fear

Post by michelleva58 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:46 pm

Trying to stay away from PPI and staying only with H2 blockers. Zantac for the most part is helping. But for gastritis should I up my dosage to 300 mg vs 150 mg daily?

Helico_expert
Site Admin
Posts: 3190
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:20 am

Re: Chronic Gastritis Fear

Post by Helico_expert » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:46 am

ranitidine is pretty safe. You can try lower dose and see it helps.

ranitidine is a fast acting drug but doesnt last long in your body. if 150mg is not strong enough to control your symptom, you can then try 300mg.

Maria.b
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:50 pm

Re: Chronic Gastritis Fear

Post by Maria.b » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:58 pm

Thankyou for your reply much appreciated could u explain how some people get metaplasia pls and also can a ct scan show metaplasia as i had one from the bladder to the neck in may and it showed nothing apart from a back issue i have thanku again

Post Reply

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”