Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

ETD & Chronic Otitis Media w/Effusion

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Hexrain

Re: ETD & Chronic Otitis Media w/Effusion

Post by Hexrain »

and to the point: knowing that probiotics are not going to eliminate the bacteria, benefits are still seen. seems pertinent to recommend them with all these extremely strong regiments of anti-biotics.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Yes, there are lots of info from the article you shared. I think in terms of Probiotic, you are right. No probiotic can eradicate H. pylori completely. However, since it's harmless, and if the patients feel good, go ahead and take it.

The problem is, there are so many types of probiotics. even among the same species, there are so many strains. Nobody is able to tell you which is the one that is most helpful to you. So you will just have to go shop around until you find one that you think improve your situation.

Hexrain

Post by Hexrain »

Because both I and my girlfriend are experiencing dental symptoms, which have been abating since beginning PPI treatment, I feel the need to post these studies. I realize that there are just as many studies that disagree with these findings, but it is hard to argue the statistical findings are not significant in the studies provided. Also, in relation to the studies that disagree with a correlation, it is important to scrutinize the detection methods. I should also mention that at 33 years of age, i have not had good dental hygiene for 20+ years of my life. I mean I have almost NEVER brushed my teeth. I think that this could be one more clue as to why my symptoms are so much worse that the majority of the population. It also seems like a likely area of attack in assuring eradication.

https://www.cochrane.org/CD009477/UPPER ... radication

https://bmcoralhealth.biomedcentral.com ... 018-0526-2

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4659103/

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

They use PCR method. which I too did many years ago. There are just too many false positives and false negatives. In my study, volunteers with H. pylori got both positive and negative results from oral PCR. Similarly, the volunteers without H. pylori, also have positive and negative results. This suggest that PCR is almost random.

Nevertheless, H. pylori transmission is associated with poor dental hygiene. If someone do not brush their teeth, it is more likely to have H. pylori in the mouth.

Hexrain

Post by Hexrain »

Would you agree that the mouth could be a resevoir for H. pylori. It seems based on these studies that it is important to consider the health of the mouth when trying to eliminate H. pylori. I know I'm certainly going to be more diligent from now on, and especially during my elimination. Well, still waiting on my blood test, but I'm fairly sure this is the source of my ailments.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I dont believe mouth can be a reservoir for H. pylori. H. pylori is not a competitive organism. it can only colonise in stomach cells. when the stomach cells changed... H. pylori is lost. H. pylori doesnt colonise the esophagus and intestine either. it colonise very specifically to the stomach cells only.

Nevertheless, it can only temporarily stays in the mouth. it will be out compete by other organism.

Hexrain

Post by Hexrain »

Those 3 studies disagree. How could it be cultured from tissue or plaque in the mouth otherwise?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

i am not sure if i can believe those culture claim. we tried ourselves and failed because the mouth has too many contaminant.

H. pylori is a very slow growing organism. it'll take at least 3 or 4 days to be able to see the colonies.

whereas, the mouth flora will only take 1 day. by day 3 or 4, the plate will be quite a mess.

Hexrain

Post by Hexrain »

One of the studies was detecting DNA markers.

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”