Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

ETD & Chronic Otitis Media w/Effusion

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Hexrain

Re: ETD & Chronic Otitis Media w/Effusion

Post by Hexrain »

I know we have to "wait and see". But the most relief in 6 years just from a PPI is something, and suggests a relationship...

Hexrain

Post by Hexrain »

I also notice that you have stated that the PPIs alone dont "kill" the bacteria, but they certainly reduce the load somewhat. i feel at this point like i must be overrun, and the slight reductions in load are allowing my body to overcome some of the secondary infections that i have. again, i have an appointment tomorrow, and hopefully i can get some things confirmed. Im just really exited that i am responding on so many levels in such a short time.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

PPI reduce H. pylori load, that I agree.

but through what mechanism is unknown. My guess is that when the pH is more towards neutral, other oral bacterial can start growing. Perhaps, it is the other microbiota that is inhibiting H. pylori.

Hexrain

Post by Hexrain »

I have suspected a similar relationship. I mispoke earlier when I suggested there are natural things shown to "kill" H. pylori. They are shown to inhibit growth or act through other mechanisms to suppress H. pylori. (I had misunderstood a single study early on in my research). I agree with you on other flora probably being involved. I have been, in the last few months, almost craving Probiotics (Kefir), now it seems almost on an intuitive level. I think one thing that may be going on (especially since being put on the PPI and after reading, taking ALL the probiotics at the local store) is that the probiotics are colonizing now, due to decreased competition from the suppressed H. pylori. Certainly you would agree that the science is definitive that probiotics and H. pylori are competitors in the stomach, correct?

I feel like there are some very complicated relationships between flora competing for space/proteins the H. pylori are producing/ possible secondary infections that may be influenced by the presence of H. pylori, and other factors.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I dont think there is any specific study done to show that probiotics actually successfully colonise the stomach and reduce H. pylori load. we tried once and found no probiotics able to colonise in the stomach, even when the patients were taking strong PPI dose. So we believe that if since probiotics are harmless, take it if it makes you feel better. Our focus is still on eradicating H. pylori 100% by using antibiotics.

Hexrain

Post by Hexrain »

i feel the need to point out that the good doctor had to drink a glass of H. pylori to get the medical community to recognize that H. pylori CAN colonize the stomach, so...

Hexrain

Post by Hexrain »

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3925854/#

This contains a wealth of information. What are your thoughts on this aggregation of research?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Thanks for sharing this wonderful article. I think the conclusion is clear.
In conclusion, there are no results indicating that any alternative treatment can truly eradicate H. pylori. In contrast, most of the findings have demonstrated that some agents exhibit good anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory and gastro-protective activities, which as a whole favour the resolution of gastric damage despite the fact that H. pylori is not completely eliminated.

Here is another article I come across this morning. Even though I suspect there may be some publication bias..

https://insights.ovid.com/pubmed?pmid=30985706
Probiotics improved the eradication rate and reduced side effects when added to the treatments designed to eradicate H pylori. The use of probiotics before the eradication treatment and throughout the eradication treatment, and also the use of probiotics for more than 2 weeks, exerted better eradication effects. Probiotics combined with the bismuth quadruple regimen was the best combination. Lactobacillus and multiple strains were better choices of probiotic strains. The eradication effect observed in China was better than the effect observed in other countries.

Hexrain

Post by Hexrain »

went to the doc today. all my otitis symptoms are almost completely gone. he agreed that i needed to be tested for h. pylori. he sent me for blood work. he also seems receptive to the possibility that my OME is related to the H. pylori. we shall know for sure that i am positive in a week or so. i will post updates. he said if i tested positive we may need to write a clinical article on my case.

Hexrain

Post by Hexrain »

i meant : what do you think of the last article i posted as a whole? im not trying to prove any point about probiotics with that article. it has a lot of info besides probiotics.

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”