Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Does it sound like I still have H. Pylori

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

brucie25

Does it sound like I still have H. Pylori

Post by brucie25 »

Hi,

I am really in need of some advice to put my mind at rest. I had an endoscopy on 21/12 due to burping liquids/foods back up, feeling bloated and difficulty breathing especially when sat back and it shown that I had H. Pylori and Gastritis so I was put on 10 day course of 2 antibiotics and a PPI and then had 2 weeks of Ranitidine and Lanzoprazole for the gastritis. I have stuck to get this medication regime and did start to feel some symptoms disappear for a while after a couple of days or so of taking the antibiotics but then the rest of the symptoms haven't gone away.

My symptoms I am still suffering from are that I get bloated in my stomach after eating/drinking and this bloating only goes away when there is a burp (by twisting my stomach area or making myself burp) and I bring liquid and food up and I then feel better for a while unless this liquid/food get stuck in my oesophagus area and then I can't breathe properly for a while. This issue of burping liquids/food has worsened in the last 10 days or so since finishing my antibiotics and being on the 2 PPI's for gastritis and happens every time I eat or drink something now.

Since starting the antibiotics I did get some relief from symptoms I had been suffering from in that I can now sit back on a chair without feeling this pressure around my chest area making it difficult to breathe and my partner can rest her head on my chest area without me feeling pain for the first time in a long time.

So I am not sure if I am free of the H. Pylori infection and these symptoms of burping stuff up is to do with gastritis or if I still have the H. Pylori infection if I am still having the symptoms I have described. Can anyone shed any light on this? I know I am asking a difficult question which only a test can clear up properly but a test is at least a month a way yet for me as is another appointment with my Gastro. Am I expecting too much to feel better 10 days after finishing and being cured of H. Pylori or does it sound like H. Pylori still remains if I am still burping liquids/food and bloated after eating and drinking something?

Thanks for any information you can offer me.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Does it sound like I still have H. Pylori

Post by Helico_expert »

you will need to do another test to find out if you still carry H. pylori.

some people does take a longer time to recover. It depends on the damage done by H. pylori.

Jpp

Post by Jpp »

brucie25 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:35 pm
Hi,

I am really in need of some advice to put my mind at rest. I had an endoscopy on 21/12 due to burping liquids/foods back up, feeling bloated and difficulty breathing especially when sat back and it shown that I had H. Pylori and Gastritis so I was put on 10 day course of 2 antibiotics and a PPI and then had 2 weeks of Ranitidine and Lanzoprazole for the gastritis. I have stuck to get this medication regime and did start to feel some symptoms disappear for a while after a couple of days or so of taking the antibiotics but then the rest of the symptoms haven't gone away.

My symptoms I am still suffering from are that I get bloated in my stomach after eating/drinking and this bloating only goes away when there is a burp (by twisting my stomach area or making myself burp) and I bring liquid and food up and I then feel better for a while unless this liquid/food get stuck in my oesophagus area and then I can't breathe properly for a while. This issue of burping liquids/food has worsened in the last 10 days or so since finishing my antibiotics and being on the 2 PPI's for gastritis and happens every time I eat or drink something now.

Since starting the antibiotics I did get some relief from symptoms I had been suffering from in that I can now sit back on a chair without feeling this pressure around my chest area making it difficult to breathe and my partner can rest her head on my chest area without me feeling pain for the first time in a long time.

So I am not sure if I am free of the H. Pylori infection and these symptoms of burping stuff up is to do with gastritis or if I still have the H. Pylori infection if I am still having the symptoms I have described. Can anyone shed any light on this? I know I am asking a difficult question which only a test can clear up properly but a test is at least a month a way yet for me as is another appointment with my Gastro. Am I expecting too much to feel better 10 days after finishing and being cured of H. Pylori or does it sound like H. Pylori still remains if I am still burping liquids/food and bloated after eating and drinking something?

Thanks for any information you can offer me.
Same story here... still hv symptoms after treatment. Ppi or h 2 blockers are not helping .. may be a different case other than h pylori. Hope you feel better soon.

Maria.b

Post by Maria.b »

Hi bruce25
I can honestly say when i finished the antibiotics and had endoscope to confirm i was h pylori free i had so much pain in my stomach and chest couldnt sleep couldnt eat what i wanted it was horrible every month i would go get retested to check the drs didnt understand and put it down to stress i literally was going crazy even bending over or going in the sun was painful but slowly slowly i started to feel better it takes time i did take probiotics and manuka honey to try to speed recovery up this forum really helped me and kept me from going insane the experts on here are the best stay positive and good luck

acb

Post by acb »

If some symptoms are gone I would say it is a good sign. If you had a bad gastritis it will still be there. If the bacteria are gone, it will be able to heal now. It will take time.
My doc had it and it took him a year. Hr is symptom free now.
Waiting to retake the test is difficult. I am not patient so I it was for me amyway... good luck

Sajal

Post by Sajal »

I can totally understand your situation, especially the burping problem. Even I am experiencing the exact symptoms. My GI refused to listen, but I must admit that among other symptoms this one is most agonizing.
I also have indigestion and after every meal I have to walk hours before I feel normal again.

I was also diagonosed with h pylori and mild antral ggastritis.Its been around a month since I finished my course of triple therapy yet I am experiencing the symptoms.

I would like to know what your GI thinks about this burping thing. Is it because of gastritis or is it reflux? Do you also have this feeling of tightness of throat?Why does it happens when we sit. I am experiencing this symptoms from two months now. My life has turned upside down. I cannot study; I had to skip my exams.

Also, your other symptoms will get better over the time. I know it's hard but just be patient.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

H. Pylori is related to many different GI symptoms. It is important that you do a follow up breath test to find out if you still have H. Pylori. Or if your treatment worked.

The successful eradication of HP may or may not improve your symptom but if you are free of HP, then your situation will not get worsen.

HP infection is a chronic and long term thing. Usually you catch it from your mother when you are young. You remain asymptomatic until teenage age. Sometimes the damage is already done after decades of infection and not easy to recover. That’s why we encourage people to get rid of HP even when they have no symptom.

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”