Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Gastric symptoms: what causes a flare up? and more questions

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Andyyy78

Gastric symptoms: what causes a flare up? and more questions

Post by Andyyy78 »

Hi and thanks for creating this community.

In the last 3 months, I (27yo male) have suffered from what I would describe "mild" gastric problems (bloating, some nausea too, indigestion after particularly heavy meals, reflux - but I also have a small hiatal hernia). It's hard to pinpoint exactly what happened when, especially since I have been (in a pretty stupid fashion) on and off PPIs in the last 2 months, firstly because I thought I just had acid reflux and was given OTC stuff.
One of the more annoying symptoms is a very localized pain on the upper right of my belly button (about 1cm away from the navel) - this seems to come and go and lasts for a few days. I have also noticed that drinking kefir seems to ease my symptoms.

I have had a gastric endoscopy (no ulcer found) and biopsies taken, still waiting for the results. I had general blood tests and a stool test, but I don't think they were for H.pylori, as my doctor only suggested it's an ulcer or H.pylori infection when I was getting test results. My question is fairly general, but what can cause a flare up of H.pylori? Is going off PPIs particularly problematic? What about general acidity of the stomach? Stress? Can eating fat food trigger symtoms as well?

During the past week, I've had a lot of anxiety and noticed a total loss of appetite. I've also made the mistake of going cold turkey on PPIs at the same time - could this be related?

A recent event that happened is that in early 2018, I took a lot of ibuprofen (think: preventively, all the time) because of a bad tooth infection, for 4 months. They put me on antibiotics (clindamycin) which destroyed my intestines: vomited and felt super bad for a few days, and couldn't really eat normally for about 2 weeks. Can there be a link with an pylori infection establishing or getting worse at this time?

Thanks for pointing me to any relevant ressources or answering a few of my many questions!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Gastric symptoms: what causes a flare up? and more questions

Post by Helico_expert »

mental stress plays an important role in gastric symptoms. H. pylori is like a catalyst that make it worse. Because H. pylori causes physical damage to the gastric cells, therefore, H. pylori can lead to inflammation, ulcers, and cancer.

I think you should solve problem one at a time. Let's find out if you have H. pylori. If you do, then, we will help figure out the best strategy to remove it.

Andyyy78

Post by Andyyy78 »

in the end, they told me I have gastritis / duodenitis from the biopsies, but the GP didn't say whether I have HP, and now I feel stupid for not asking and I don't think I should go there again...
considering I was already on PPI for over a month when the biopsies were taken, is there a chance that HP didn't show up on biopsies? If I were to ask for the breathing test, is that usually performed by a GP? I assume he would have suggested it if he had a doubt, hence why I feel trapped with these results...
thanks for your help.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

breath test is a very common and simple test. A GP should be able to provide. but you'll need to stop PPI for at least a month before the breath test.

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”