Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Symptoms before and after teratment

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

joan

Symptoms before and after teratment

Post by joan »

Dear Experts,

In February this year, out of the blue I started noticing some gurgling sounds in my throat at night and when swallowing the slightest amount of saliva. I also felt discomfort in my upper abdomen. NEVER had stomach probs before. I am 47 and healthy, slim etc. Also experienced excessive burping all day. normal stool etc.

2 weeks ago I went for an endoscopi. Everything showed up fine - BUT the h. pylori biopsy was positive. The doctor gave me trible therapi including pantroprazole 2x 20 mg for 2 weeks.

So here I am today. Finished my antibiotics a week ago and today I am supposed to stop the ppi`s

I hope so much that yuo can tell me if my symptoms of gurgling in throat and burping are normal signs of h. pylori even with my endoscopi where nothing was found except positive biopsy?

AND as of today I still have the throat gurgling and burping - is that normal and is it likely to dissapear?

Should I just stop the ppi or would you advice me to cut Down slowly ?

Thank you so much , I would love to hear from others as well who can recognize and relate to these symtpoms.

regards from
Joan

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Symptoms before and after teratment

Post by Helico_expert »

I know some people have burping problem and has no H. pylori.

PPI is meant to reduce acid level. It's good to continue PPI if your burping carry some acid to your mouth. In that case, PPI can give some protection. If it's just gas passing through throat, then you dont need PPI.

Nevertheless, please do a follow up breath test to check if you still have HP after stopping every medication for a month.

joan

Post by joan »

Thank you for the reply.

I have to have a stool test done - however, will I have to stop ppi also before this test ?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Yes, stopping PPI for at least a week or two before stool test will avoid false negative result.

joan

Post by joan »

Thanks for your valuable advice.

May I ask if you think my symptoms are h pylori related? Throat gurgles when swallowing, belching/ burping . No lower abdominal probs. Symptoms were there before treatment and still after.....

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

H. pylori can only colonise in the stomach, not the throat. So I would expect the symptoms in the stomach are more related to H. pylori. However, it is possible that H. pylori causes reflux and the acid may damage the throat and teeth.

Nevertheless, the antibiotics for H. pylori are pretty strong. So it may also work on whatever bacteria that is causing your throat problem.

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”