Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

To reduce SPAM, all post from new members with less than 1 post will require approval from web master.

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin.
Contact admin click here

This is a non-profit website. We dont even have those annoying advertisement. We tried our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori. We provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here donating to keep our forum alive.

Dr. Nasrat's treatment

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

Cords

Dr. Nasrat's treatment

Post by Cords » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:00 am

Hello,
From reading the forums I am aware that you consider that “natural remedies” do not eradicate h pylori.
However, I’ve found papers published by Abdullah M. Nasrat et al indicating that in clinical trials in Saudi Arabia the bacteria was eradicated using vinegar (with yoghurt at meals) and a senna purge once or twice over the course of the treatment of 7 days. The presence /absence of the bacteria was confirmed before and after by standard tests.
I have not found any refutation or confirmation that the treatment works.
Dr. Nasrat is an M.D., appears properly credentialed and isn’t selling any product.
His published papers include:
“A comparative study of natural education of Helicobacter pylori vs antibiotics”
“An alternative natural remedy for symptomatic relief of Helicobacter pylori Dyspepsia”
“The definitive eradication of Helicobacter pylori from the colon”
“Functional Dyspepsia “
They can be found on the Internet (researchgate.net & omiconline.org.)
I should be grateful to learn your expert’s views on the therapy please.
Regards.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Dr. Nasrat's treatment

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:12 am

I hope his finding is true. But in our laboratory, we have done enough trials to believe nothing is able to kill H. pylori other than antibiotics.

beefjoe

Post by beefjoe » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:30 pm

well having vinegar and yogurt isn't going to hurt anyone so maybe you can have it WITH antibiotics

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:22 pm

antibiotics are the primary weapon against H. pylori. I agree that some supplement may increase the cure rate.

Cords

Post by Cords » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:21 am

Thank you for your prompt response.

Based on Helico’s tip to increase the cure rate by upping the dosage of PPI, adding vinegar will be counterproductive.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:49 am

Interesting discussion. Although vinegar is very sour. It's actually a weak acid. So a bit of vinegar is ok. But of course, it doesnt mean you should drink a lot of vinegar. Anything good will turn bad when you take it excessively.

Return to “Treament for Helicobacter”