Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Tests and symptoms

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

HPI

Tests and symptoms

Post by HPI »

1. If I had taken mosapride citrate tablets 1 week before an endoscopy and a 14C-UBT test, would they affect the tests? If yes, how?

2. If I started blowing the UBT test kit 5-10 minutes instead of 15 minutes after taking the pill, how would it affect the result?

3. If a test kit was just left on the table for 15 minutes before it was slotted into a machine, I guess this wouldn't affect the result since some clinics have to deliver the test kits to a lab?

4. For those with bad breath, how severe was it? Room filling? From the mouth only or from both the mouth and nose? People who had eradicated HP, did the BB go away once your HP was gone?

5. Does anyone have LPR symptoms instead of GERD? (No heartburn, but have lump and burning sensation in the throat)?

frostyfeet

Re: Tests and symptoms

Post by frostyfeet »

I can answer #4:

See my journal here:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=205843

My BB came from the throat down and only through the mouth. The BB went away on day 1. My last antibiotic dosage was a week ago and so far, my BB hasn't come back. Crossing my fingers that it's gone for good.

Best of luck to you!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Mosapride won’t affect the UBT result.

If you blow the balloon too early, you may get false negative because of not given enough reaction time for urea to break down into CO2 and absorb into your blood stream and exchange in your lung.

Once the breath is collected, it can stay on bench for a very long time. You can check the half life of C14

The bad breath is very subjective. It won’t fill the room. But the person you speaking to can sometimes smell it. Antibiotic usually remove the problem. However if you have a bad tooth and the bad breath is because of the bacteria living there, then the bad breath will come back.

Yes, you can sometimes feel a lump behind a throat. Some members in this forum mentioned it before.

HPI

Post by HPI »

Helico_expert wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:58 pm
Mosapride won’t affect the UBT result.

If you blow the balloon too early, you may get false negative because of not given enough reaction time for urea to break down into CO2 and absorb into your blood stream and exchange in your lung.

Once the breath is collected, it can stay on bench for a very long time. You can check the half life of C14

The bad breath is very subjective. It won’t fill the room. But the person you speaking to can sometimes smell it. Antibiotic usually remove the problem. However if you have a bad tooth and the bad breath is because of the bacteria living there, then the bad breath will come back.

Yes, you can sometimes feel a lump behind a throat. Some members in this forum mentioned it before.
Thanks for the answers! My main problem is actually the constant bad breath. The LRP symptoms can be controlled by maintaining a strict GERD-friendly diet.

Dentists couldn't find any problem. They did a dental x-ray, a few cleanings, and replaced the old fillings. They said it's likely a systemic problem since I have nasal bad breath too.

ENT did a few nasal endoscopies and a sinus CT scan, but they couldn't find anything too.

I did 2 upper GI endoscopies about 2 years apart. Both said I have mild gastritis and mild erythema in the antrum. The 2nd endoscopy also showed a comparative lot of yellowish secretions in the fundus and some signs of past bleeding in the antrum. However, the doctors said all these were no big deal.

During the 1st GI endoscopy, a biopsy was taken to test for HP infection and the result was negative (might not be accurate as I had taken rifaximin a few days before). About a year later, I was tested positive for HP infection by UBT (250dpm). 4 weeks after treatment, I did another UBT test and it was negative (10dpm). Right after the 2nd endoscopy, I was asked to do an UBT again (0dpm). However, this UBT might not have been done properly as my companion might have timed the 15 mins from the time I came out of the theatre instead of from the time I took the pill.

Should I do another UBT properly or is there anything else I should test for? My doctors are all out of ideas.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

you have done UBT twice after the treatment and both negative. I think the chance of false negative is very little.

Since you are free of H. pylori now and if you still have bad breath, it's probably due to something else. I can only suggest a constant mouth wash to remove oral bacteria.

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”