Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

H Pylori and bad breath?

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

frostyfeet

H Pylori and bad breath?

Post by frostyfeet »

I've had bad breath since I was a child (I'm 29 now) and a host of other symptoms I described here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=205835

My doctor found H Pylori in my system and I'm on my 2nd day of Amoxicillin, Clarithromycin, and Omeprazole 20MG.

For the first time in my adult life, my bad breath is completely gone. Nothing. No morning breath. No foul smell.

I was reading Dr. Marshall's wikipedia and it said that he also developed bad breath after infecting himself with H Pylori:
He was surprised when, only three days later, he developed vague nausea and halitosis (due to the achlorhydria, there was no acid to kill bacteria in the stomach, and their waste products manifested as bad breath), noticed only by his mother.

My question is, should I expect my bad breath to return after the antibiotics course or is it one of the symptoms that get eliminated forever as part of killing H Pylori?

Also, because my symptoms are getting better on my 2nd day, does that mean that the antibiotics is likely to be successful?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: H Pylori and bad breath?

Post by Helico_expert »

many factors can cause bad breath. H. pylori is just one of them. Hopefully the antibiotic treatment will knock out all the bacteria in the mouth that is causing the bad breath too.

Maintaining oral hygiene is also very important to get rid of bad breath.

HPI

Post by HPI »

Frosty, what did the bad breath smell like? Was it from your mouth only or both nose and mouth?

frostyfeet

Post by frostyfeet »

HPI wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:35 am
Frosty, what did the bad breath smell like? Was it from your mouth only or both nose and mouth?
Smells rotten. Don't know how to describe it. I believe it only came from the mouth.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I would say it smell like sewage

warmwaters

Post by warmwaters »

Hello Frosty!

I suffer from bad breath as well, do you suffer from a white coated tongue? Also, would you describe the smell as almost a cheesy, egg like smell?

frostyfeet

Post by frostyfeet »

warmwaters wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:44 pm
Hello Frosty!

I suffer from bad breath as well, do you suffer from a white coated tongue? Also, would you describe the smell as almost a cheesy, egg like smell?
Yes, white coated tongue that I have to scrape off every morning but comes back.

I had a healthy pink tongue at one point but a course of antibiotics turned it white. I haven't been able to get it to go back to pink since.

Elisa

Post by Elisa »

I suffered from a terrible bad breath because of my chronic gastritis and even though I tried everything I could not give it a real solution, once I cured my gastritis, I was able to get back my regular breath, but it took me some time.

frostyfeet

Post by frostyfeet »

Elisa wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:45 am
I suffered from a terrible bad breath because of my chronic gastritis and even though I tried everything I could not give it a real solution, once I cured my gastritis, I was able to get back my regular breath, but it took me some time.
What cured your chronic gastritis?

HPI

Post by HPI »

Helico_expert wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:08 am
I would say it smell like sewage
Why does it cause bad breath for some people but not others? Can it cause nasal bad breath when a person's mouth is not even opened? If HP is the cause of the bad breath, should the bad breath be gone once the bacteria is eliminated?

Some people here got 2k+ from 14C_UBT. Is 250 considered mild?

@frosty, how are you now? Problem solved?

@Elisa, how terrible was it? How did you solve it? How long did it take?

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”