Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Depression, H Pylori Link

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

aspirant

Depression, H Pylori Link

Post by aspirant »

Hello,

I have been found with Bipolar disorder and ulcers. H pylori was cured and ulcers were healed but Bipolar was not cured. Luckily I met a psychiatrist.

I discussed with him about lithium tablet. It striked him. Lithium test was ordered and results were as below.

LITHIUM, SERUM <0.21 mmol/L ( test result indicate this is very low)

Normal range is .4 - 1.2 mmol/L

Now I have been put on Lithium tabs 300mg * 2 daily and monitoring of lithium is done through blood test.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Depression, H Pylori Link

Post by Helico_expert »

Usually H. pylori leads to problems related to digestive systems. which then leads to pain and diet habit change. which then leads to constantly thinking of what to eat and what not to eat, worry about trips and presentation and daily performance. which then lead to multiple stress.

during treatment, worry about treatment failure, worry about disease worsen, and the experience on side effects may add on additional stress.

when treatment failed or diagnosed with gastric ulcers and other more severe gastric disease, patients often get very stressed up with stronger treatment with heavier side effects.

I believe these are the mental stress that indirectly cause by H. pylori. not bipolar.

aspirant

Post by aspirant »

Hello,

All I want to say is don't forget Lithium when you are suffering from Stress or depression because of H Pylori or other gastro issues.

Even though my Triple antibiotic therapy was done in Sept 2015. and H Pylori Stool antigen test came out negative 3 times at different occasions in 2016 after this. Endoscopy colonoscopy was clean. Still my psychiatrist found lithium on the extremely low side in July 2016 and prescribed me lithium tabs.

Shared for the information of all.

michaeljonson

Post by michaeljonson »

Did your symptom improve?
Legacy ER & Urgent Care

aspirant

Post by aspirant »

Yes symptoms improved in depression.. There is nothing wrong in going to a psychiatrist. But getting the right test and medicine is important.

normally they don't do much testing but Lithium serum is done by them if you are not on such medicine. Feel free to ask them. as you know gastro issues could lead to. Nutrient mal-absorption.

I started 2 * 300 mg Lithium carbonate and withing 15 days i was retested. The results were not great but they improved. 0.49 mmol/L

All I had to do is ask about lithium to my psychiatrist. I see hell lot of improvement in my depression.

Its a request to everyone please share your results of lithium serum before and after.

Benzy

Post by Benzy »

Hi! I know its an old thread.. hoping you read this and answer me... ever since my h pylori triple therapy started last year february, i plunged into a black hole of depression and anxiety.. i went to many psychiatrists and took many prescription antidepressants, antipsychotics, benzos etc with no relief... i really want death to come now as every living moment is torture.. my present psychiatrist hasnt put me on lithium or another mood stabilizer (those are the only options left) as he thinks i am not bipolar.. after reading your post, i got my lithium serum test done and the reports will be here in two days.. i dont know if the psych will give me lithium even if the result shows lithium deficiency.. some ppl say its toxic.. anyways how are you now.. still taking lithium? Hows the depression? Were you diagnosed with bipolar before h pylori of after that? Pls pls reply

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I am sorry for what happened to you. Have you check if your H. pylori is completely eradicated?

Some people does get depressed when H. pylori cannot be eradicated. If you have resistant H. pylori, we can certainly provide more useful guidance.

Lastly, try to stay positive.

Benzy

Post by Benzy »

No i didnt go back for a breath test to confirm eradication... since the h pylori treatment began, i have changed into a mentally unstable depressed insane kind of person... it has robbed me of my life.. dont know if it was the triple therapy that caused it or the trauma of bleeding from my duodenal ulcer which they blamed on h pylori ;(

Benzy

Post by Benzy »

Also i just got my serum lithium report.. mine is <0.1 which is even lower than what the person who posted this thread had before going on lithium tablets ... but my psychiatrist does not seem to be understanding enough

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

perhaps you should look for another doctor then.

meanwhile, i think you should go double check with your H. pylori situation. Since you had a bleeding ulcer before, if H. pylori is not eradicated, you can get another bleeding ulcer.

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”