Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Help I have a few questions

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Worried25

Help I have a few questions

Post by Worried25 »

Hi I just joined the forum as I feel really worried and confused. For the past few months I've had numerous symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, chest pain, gas, stomach pain, heart palpitations and anxiety. Also after I eat I still feel hungry. So after many trips to hospital and doctors I got sent away with gaviscon and the hospital said my GP would test my stool for Helicobacter Pylori.

I went to the doctor and as I was going away he couldn't test it so put me on omeprozole for 30 days and told me to come back if I still felt the same. It helped with the nausea and got my appetite back helped with stomach pain and burning chest pain but I still got some gas and chest pain. So I went to doctors yesterday and she said I need to come off the omeprozole for 2 weeks before they can test my stool now I'm worried. I really am scared incase it gets any worse or that I have an ulcer after reading about it online I've never had blood in my vomit or stool and my stomach pain subsides after ten minutes depends what I've eaten.

My questions are... How would they know it was an ulcer or gastritis? Can I keep taking omeprozole and ask for a blood test to prevent me getting worse? What can I do in the meantime of coming off the tablets for two weeks to help? and does anyone get these same symptoms?

Thanks
Ash

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Help I have a few questions

Post by Helico_expert »

you can only see ulcer during the endoscopy examination. However, the treatment for patients with or without ulcer is the same. So, many doctors dont bother checking the ulcer.

Your doctor should have tested your stool before the omeprazole. anyway, it's done. So, just follow the instruction. Wait 2 to 3 weeks before the stool test. if you feel that you need something to control your stomach acid during the wait, you can follow this guideline to get something less potent.
http://www.helico.com/PYtest_guide_2013.pdf

Blood test tells you your history of H. pylori infection. the antibody will stay in your blood for months or years. So, it doesnt tell you if you are still infected with H. pylori. Since you have not taken any antibiotics for the past few month (I assume), so yes, you can continue omeprazole and use blood test to tell if you are infected with H. pylori.

Csruben1

Post by Csruben1 »

Crap. I just read this thread and looked at the attachment. Now I am pretty confident that my UBT was a false negative as I had started back on the Sucralfate a day or two before. I don't know why the doctors/lab weren't clear about this. They didn't tell me to fast long enough and they were pretty lackadaisical about the test itself, not watching the clock. So, I could have breathed too early, too late, whatever and I was on the Sucralfate. Does the time matter? I see my doctor on Tuesday. Do you recommend that I suggest that he have me do a stool sample? If so, do I also have to have fasted and/or not be on Sucralfate?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Sucralfate will affect both the breath and stool tests. I mean, if you got a positive result, then you are positive. But if you got a negative result while taking Sucralfate or any other PPI, then it could be a false negative.

So I suggest you talk to your doctor about your concern about being false negative. See what other options he has for you. or perhaps, you want to see other doctor for second opinion.

michaeljonson

Post by michaeljonson »

Hi Worried25! How are you now? Did you get the test done?
Legacy ER & Urgent Care

Csruben1

Post by Csruben1 »

Helico-expert: I went back on Sucralfate after my UBT because I was still feeling nauseous. Although the UBT was negative, I think I retested too early, I was taking a lot of Sucralfate and I think the lab botched the test. So, I slowly decreased the Sucralfate until I was taking just one per day and then did the stool test about a month later. I was not taking any PPIs or any other meds. It came out negative and my doc thinks I'm totally cured of the h. pylori. However, I did not take a Sucralfate today and I'm feeling nauseous again! So...is it possible the stool test could be a false negative with just ONE Sucralfate in my system? My doc doesn't believe so and he thinks I'm having these symptoms due to the bile that's in my stomach (no gall bladder). I read that some people have to take 1-2 Sucralfate daily for a long time, but that there are no side effects, and I think this is what he will tell me to do. What do you think about my questions? Thanks!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

unfortunately Sucralfate should be avoided before the HP diagnostic test (either Urea breath test or Stool antigen test). Sucralfate can produce false negative results for both UBT and SAT.

have you done a blood test? have you got enough iron in your blood?

Csruben1

Post by Csruben1 »

Most recent blood tests showed no issue with iron. I'm a generally healthy person anyway. This whole stomach issue threw me for a loop and surprised everyone. I have another post going, so you can answer there, but HOW does Sucralfate affect test results and would it affect a biopsy during an endoscopy? My doc wants to repeat this, but I'm still taking a Sucralfate. He didn't think it would be an issue for ANY of the tests, but now I'm wondering if I actually got two false negatives!!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I have answered your post in the following link
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=205107

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”