Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Possible HP Infection?

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

TML1991

Possible HP Infection?

Post by TML1991 »

Three weeks ago, I suffered a four day bout of bad nausea, that went away entirely on its own. Then again, last week, this nausea returned, but far more mild, and strangely enough, could be relived by eating. Every night for the last few week, I have woken up 4 or 5 hours after going to sleep, with mild nausea that goes away after eating. I have had no diarrhea or vomiting, and a little fatigue, probably from my interrupted sleep, as well a small drop in appetite. I seem to also feel worse in the morning, then feel progressively better as the day progresses. Also, my stomach tends to get kind of noisy at night and the morning. Does this sound like Helicobacter Pylori to you?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Possible HP Infection?

Post by Helico_expert »

very hard to tell. If you are in developing country, then my guess is yes. because almost everyone has H. pylori in developing country. The best way is to get a urea breath test from your local GP. It's very simple and shouldnt be too expensive.

Gill P

Post by Gill P »

Hi
I am new to the forums, I apologise I could not see how I created a new topic, so I have joined this one I hope that is ok?
It is about the same subject.
I returned from a long haul flight two months ago having taken aspirin with water and not on an empty stomach for the flights. I had never had except for during pregnancies any symptoms of heart burn or excessive burping etc. Although thinking back I had noticed and had commented that I had a few episodes of hiccups during the months prior to the flights.
Anyway, on return I developed a heavy chest and back pain, as if there was a heavy sack on me and after a week I did go to my doctor who referred me straight to hospital thinking I may have a blood clot. I had ECG's, Echo cardiogram, chest xrays, blood tests and nothing showed up. I was advised to take painkillers for the pain which I did on returning home from hospital and when I did the tablets felt like they were lodged in my throat..I drank copious amounts of water and it still felt stuck. In desperation I took some of my husbands gaviscon to try and ease the discomfort/ burning in my throat. I was amazed as it seemed to help with the chest pain a little. I told my doctor this and she prescribed omeprazol which also helped the pain for a few days but then it returned.
I have now seen the gastroenterologist and am scheduled (soon I hope) for an upper GI endoscopy.
My question is...can I have H. Pylori without any real heartburn in the throat feeling (apart from when the tablet got stuck), my pain is chest pain and high (between the shoulders) pain..does this make sense? The feeling of a lump in my throat is constant now, like I can cough it up (which I can't)...it is horrible.
Many thanks
Gillian

TML1991

Post by TML1991 »

How long will I have to wait to take a breath test? Reason I ask is because I took Pepto-Bismol two days ago to treat the nausea.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

You will have to wait 4 weeks from two days ago before you can have a breath test check.

AnnieBell

Post by AnnieBell »

Did the feeling in your throat ever go away??? I was diagnosed with H.pylori 11 days ago and have been on a antibiotic called Pylera, which was $600. Im on the last day but still have the feeling of a lump in my throat and pressure when I swallow. About 5 weeks ago I went to multiple doctors who said it was stress. One doc gave me xanax, another gave me an acid blocker, Protonix. I went to an ENT so they could look down my throat and tell me that there was nothing in there. I then went to a GI who did an ultra sound on my thyroid to rule out nodules, which I had none. Then the endoscopy.... where the took biopsies and found the h.pylori. I have been researching and trying to find ways to try to alleviate this feeling. Nothing has worked and the only time that I do not feel it is when I am dead asleep. Like you, I have wanted to try to cough it up or swallow it down, but there is nothing there. How are you now?

jess2015

Post by jess2015 »

AnnieBell wrote:Did the feeling in your throat ever go away??? I was diagnosed with H.pylori 11 days ago and have been on a antibiotic called Pylera, which was $600. Im on the last day but still have the feeling of a lump in my throat and pressure when I swallow. About 5 weeks ago I went to multiple doctors who said it was stress. One doc gave me xanax, another gave me an acid blocker, Protonix. I went to an ENT so they could look down my throat and tell me that there was nothing in there. I then went to a GI who did an ultra sound on my thyroid to rule out nodules, which I had none. Then the endoscopy.... where the took biopsies and found the h.pylori. I have been researching and trying to find ways to try to alleviate this feeling. Nothing has worked and the only time that I do not feel it is when I am dead asleep. Like you, I have wanted to try to cough it up or swallow it down, but there is nothing there. How are you now?

Hi AnnieBell,
I was wondering if that throat feeling has gone away for you? I got rid of h.pylori in December and my very first symptom was the feeling of something being stuck in my throat. Since testing negative the throat feeling has gotten better but still bothers me off and on.

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”