Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

what's the most effective diet during triple treatment?

The most popular treatments consist of two antibiotics (one of which is usually clarithromycin) plus a strong acid blocker such as omeprazole (PriLosec, Nexium, Somac, Zoton, etc.). Treatment is for 7-10 days. Cure rate is about 85%

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

pklale

what's the most effective diet during triple treatment?

Post by pklale »

I am currently in Turkey and finding difficulty in accessing information here. After having blood tests, endoscopy with biopsy and colonoscopy with biopsy recently, I was told I have gastritis infection in my stomach due to presence of Helicobacter Pylori (the biopsy has been sent to the capital Ankara and results are due on 27th September 2016). I am currently on the 8th day of the 14 day triple treatment Clarithromycin 500mg; Lansoprazol 30mg; Amoxcillin 100mg taken on empty stomach every 12 hours. I'm afraid to eat anything at all in order not to aggravate the Helicobacter Pylori. The only thing the doctor here told me was to avoid spicy foods, coffee and cigarettes. I don't feel confident that this is enough. I would like to know what are the best things to eat during the triple treatment that may aid in the success of eradication of this bacterium, and or anything else I should do. I would really appreciate any advice.

Also, is it a good idea to drink Kefir while on the triple treatment?

Kind regards,

bertol

Re: what's the most effective diet during triple treatment?

Post by bertol »

Kefir sounds like a good idea, because it can contain probiotics, but I'm really not sure if it will be effective.

I suggest you to get some good quality probiotic capsules (with "live" bacteria), which can prevent you from getting antibiotic-associated diarrhea.

Other than that, you may want to avoid foods that irritate you, constipate you or make you bloated. To prevent nausea, you may want to limit foods that sit in the stomach for a long time: large meals, fatty and protein foods, such as meat, fish and eggs.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Prof. Marshall believes that taking antibiotics with food is probably better because the antibiotics stay in the stomach longer.

you may increase lansoprazole 30mg from one tablet a day to 2 tablets a day. there are studies that show higher PPI dose increase cure rate.

There is no particular food that you should take to improve your treatment.

some people also take bismuth (pepto bismol) to give the treatment an additional boost.

There is no harm trying Kefir if you think you need it.

pklale

Post by pklale »

Really thank you so much for the quick reply! It makes me feel I'm not so alone in this sick state.

Your reply has given me some insight into how I should manage my diet program during healing.

There are some internet sites stating that Mastic Gum kills Helicobacter Pylori, so if the triple treatment doesn't work I'm thinking to try this.

Is there any evidence in Australia of the Mastic Gum outcome?

shid0x

Post by shid0x »

pklale wrote:Really thank you so much for the quick reply! It makes me feel I'm not so alone in this sick state.

Your reply has given me some insight into how I should manage my diet program during healing.

There are some internet sites stating that Mastic Gum kills Helicobacter Pylori, so if the triple treatment doesn't work I'm thinking to try this.

Is there any evidence in Australia of the Mastic Gum outcome?

Mastic gum sure as hell won't treat you but it will ease your symptoms as it is beneficial to the stomach.
I would avoid anything fat / oily / fried during the treatment since the more fats you eat the more acid it is needed to digest and you don't want that in your stomach.
Furthermore H.py can disrupt some enzymes hence making it even harder to digest fats.

Be stress free with a healthy diet during the treatment is the safest i can recommend ( smoking and alcohol are also PROHIBITED ).

Regarding the natural treatment if would technically be possible to make one but mastic gum alone will not do it.
h.py is gram negative bacteria so the best bet would be to search what plants / fruits are Gram - inhibitors and ingest the antibiotic agent in great number ( which in the end is the same as just taking the antibiotics )
There was some test with garlic, the antibacterial agent ( allicin) + omeprazole had a 20-35% cure rate ( and allicin is like the big daddy of any natural antibiotic ).

pklale

Post by pklale »

Wow! Thanks shidOx! That was really imformative. Thank you. I now have a better idea as to how to treat my Helicobacter Pylori.

So do you suggest that if the triple treatment doesn't kill the bacteria then I should do another round of antibiotics?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Thanks shidOx sharing the information.

Yes, if your first triple therapy doesnt work, please try a second one with different antibiotics.

Tell your doctor to give you more PPI as Prof. Marshall says it increase cure rate.

pklale

Post by pklale »

ok will do!! Thanks very much

Ladybug10

Post by Ladybug10 »

Helico_expert wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:06 pm
Thanks shidOx sharing the information.

Yes, if your first triple therapy doesnt work, please try a second one with different antibiotics.

Tell your doctor to give you more PPI as Prof. Marshall says it increase cure rate.
Im on day 6 of Pylera and just started taking ppi last night, will it still work?? I'm so worried and depressed

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

you missed your PPI for the first 5 days?

anyway, finish your course of antibiotics with PPI this time. since you have another week to go, It may still work.

Return to “Antibiotics and Acid Pump Blockers”