Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Allergies, Hives & Indigestion

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

gabriellelea

Allergies, Hives & Indigestion

Post by gabriellelea »

I just finished the 7-day triple therapy on Friday i.e. Amoxicillin, Metronidazole and Omeprazole to eradicate H.pylori. It all started back in the spring when I began getting hives/skin rashes, which itched like mad. I was given anti-histamines. I took these every two or three days, but it became chronic and just when I was about to be sent to a dermatologist, severe indigestion began, or at least a horrid lump in my throat. At first, this was just after meals, but it soon became 24/7. I also started having really bad allergies i.e. sneezing and wheezing (I am an allergic type it has to be said). I researched and found H.pylori as a possible cause and after discussions with my GP, I had a stool sample analysis carried out and it was confirmed that I did indeed have this bacteria in my body. The treatment was hellish as I had terrible side effects (diarrhoea, nausea, headaches and metallic taste). However, I persevered and completed the course. I also had to take anti-histamine at least once during this week to stop the miserable itching. I had a blood test during the treatment week and this came back showing my white blood cells were extremely low (have to be retested in six weeks).

My questions...

I finished the treatment on Friday and I largely feel the same as before. I can still hardly eat anything without the lump in my throat feeling. The allergies are also as bad with the same rashes and itching, wheezing, runny nose, red, itchy eyes, etc. The GP just said to come back if my symptoms didn't disappear. I think I have read I should wait at least four weeks. Is this correct? Any ideas on whether the allergies/hives will take that long to go too. I can barely function at the moment without anti-histamine. I am an ex-top class athlete and I train really hard in the gym. However, this has all had to stop the last few weeks due to feeling so bad.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Allergies, Hives & Indigestion

Post by Helico_expert »

H. pylori is now suggested to have reverse effect on allergies. Meaning, people who are infected with H. pylori are less likely to be allergic. However, it's still a hypothesis. But that's what most scientist believe now.

to check if your h. pylori still exist, you have to wait 4 weeks without antibiotics and PPI (and anything that will kill H. pylori and reduce acid). I suspect your allergies are not related to H. pylori.

gabriellelea

Post by gabriellelea »

So you think that H.pylori potentially making my stomach more permeable to food substances leaking out and thereby causing an allergic reaction is unlikely? There have been links to high levels of histamine and stomach acid, have there not? Is it possible to be allergic to H.pylori itself? Some research does seem to suggest that skin rashes clear up after H.pylori is eradicated.

Thanks for clarifying about the 4-week wait. I am now just taking probiotics.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I do hope it is that simple. No, H. pylori does not making your stomach more permeable to food substances leaking out and thereby causing an allergic reaction. However, it does damage the mucous producing cells and hence your stomach loss the mucous and the stomach acid start digesting your stomach, which may lead to ulcer.

H. pylori is associated with higher stomach acid level. Not too sure about histamine level though.

I dont think it is possible to be allergic to H. pylori. It has been with human hundred of thousands years ago. It has evolved together with human ever since.

Skin rashes clears up... I think that is more related to antibiotics killing other unknown bacteria infecting the skin. H. pylori can only lives in the stomach, not on skin.

gabriellelea

Post by gabriellelea »

Thank you for your clarification and thoughts. I guess I just find it coincidental that they both started around the same time. It may be my immunity is just low in general at the moment.

Well, fingers crossed the first treatment did it. I had a bad night with reflux type feelings, but I'll see out the next few weeks before getting checked again. Thanks again.

gabriellelea

Post by gabriellelea »

It was this that I was referring to on this very site: http://www.helico.com/?q=WeirdSyndromes

" Patients with HP have increased permeability of the gastric mucosa and so are potentially exposed to unprocessed antigens from food. This might predispose to immune problems. H.pylori antibodies cross react with several tissues in the GUT so autoimmune states are possible with H.pylori. Weird skin rashes have occasionally disappeared when H.pylori was treated."

razamoon

Post by razamoon »

I do hope it is that simple. No, H. pylori does not making your stomach more permeable to food substances leaking out and thereby causing an allergic reaction. However, it does damage the mucous producing cells and hence your stomach loss the mucous and the stomach acid start digesting your stomach, which may lead to :x :idea: :D :) :P

If you are looking for fast success in pass4sure.co.uk then join today to find complete The College of New Jersey resources.
Last edited by razamoon on Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

newhpyloridiag

Post by newhpyloridiag »

Did the Doctor investigate/figure-out why the WBC count is low? When you have an bacterial/viral infection, your immune system should be acting and the WBC count will be at the high end of the normal range or higher than normal.

Did the Doctor figure out about the lump in the throat feeling? Since you have sneezing and probably cold, may be mucus is formed in your throat.

Hives and rashes causes are
Allergic reactions, chemicals in certain foods(nuts, chocolate, fish, tomatoes, eggs, fresh berries, and milk), insect stings, sunlight exposure, or medications.

No way related to HPylori.

Take a breath/stool test 30 days after the treatment to check for HPylori eradication. Before the test, stop using PPIs for at-least 1 week.

gabriellelea

Post by gabriellelea »

I think the problem is that I had the blood test after I had already started the treatment (due to scheduling difficulties) and so a low WBC can be a side effect of antibiotics and anti-histamines from what I've read. She asked me to do another blood check in 6 weeks time to check on the WBC then.

I am probably just describing in my own way the indigestion/reflux/ belching when I say about the lump in my throat feeling.

If my immune system is low, then my sensitivities that I usually control are going to be heightened I would guess.

I have read a number of studies that seem to suggest that H.pylori can lead to skin rashes. I also read this today: It has also been proposed that Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori), which has an immunogenic cell envelope, may play an indirect role in the etiology of chronic autoimmune urticaria by reducing immune tolerance and inducing autoantibody formation. However, it is important to note that the limited number of studies conducted in this area have yielded conflicting results [7,8]. And this very site suggests it is possible as I quoted above, so I am not sure how you can be so certain.

Thanks for replying and your input. I will take a stool re-check in a few weeks. I am no longer taking a PPI since the 7-day treatment ended, as they don't work on me anyway. :D

Daisy322

Post by Daisy322 »

Hey I know this was posted a while ago but I'm really hoping for a reply. I too suffer from chronic hives and am wondering if h.pylori might be the culprit (im going to get tested for it soon). Just wondering how your treatment went and whether it did end up treating your hives, thanks!!

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”