Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Breath test positive H.pylori still in my stomach

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

museaddict

Breath test positive H.pylori still in my stomach

Post by museaddict »

Ive made the urea breath test C14 this morning and this shit of H.pylori is still present in my stomach , the test showed 54CPM and this should be < 40CPM, I don't know if this is a lot or not .
I take a quadruple threrapy (Amoxiciline,Clarytromycine and metronidazole whit IPP) 4 months ago and I felt much better than before but this bug is still here.
My doctor presciped me Pylera I think it's the best treatment to kill H.Pylori
what do you think ?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Breath test positive H.pylori still in my stomach

Post by Helico_expert »

54 CPM seems very low. how long did you stop PPI before breath test? You need to stop PPI and antibiotics for at least a month before the follow up breath test.

anyway, you might want to repeat the test again a month later before taking pylera. Pylera is a very strong antibiotics. However you might not need it if your breath test is false positive.

museaddict

Post by museaddict »

I stopped antibiotcis 4 months ago and PPI one month ago but I took one pill of PPI 4 days ago so could this have an impact ?
what do you mean of 54 CPM seems very low ?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

the one pill may have caused the low breath test count.

if 40 is the cut off, i just feel that 54 is a bit close to the cut off value. I am more familiar with dpm unit. usually 200 is the cut off value and positive patients have around 1000-3000 dpm count.

museaddict

Post by museaddict »

okay I will repeat the Breath test in 2 weeks I think stopping PPI for 3 weeks will be enough right ?
54 cpm it's very close to the cut off but what if the result it's reduced by the PPI and it should be more than 54 cpm ?
is it possible ?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

it is possible that the PPI has reduced the reading. It could be
A. the acid is not enough, so H. pylori turn off urease gene, lead to lower CPM reading.
B. the acid has reduced, so other bacteria that has ability to produce urease start growing. hence lead to raise of CPM reading.

So, 2 weeks later, if your test result is still borderline positive, you probably need a blood test that has IgG concentration reading. Then wait a few months and repeat blood test to see if IgG concentration goes down.

if your test result gone into negative, then it means your HP is eradicated.

if your test result is high positive (or double than current reading), then it means you still have HP.

museaddict

Post by museaddict »

I don't know what do you mean with IgG concentration reading ?
so if I'm still low positive shoud I make a blood test and not take another therapy ?
my doctor asked me to do a blood test 6 months after my treatment and I'm in 5 months post treatment
so should I wait another month before start taking antibiotics ?

museaddict

Post by museaddict »

another thing, you said that other bacteria has ability to produce urease
is there bacterias other than H.pylori living in the stomach or it could be bacteria from the mouth ?
because I did not brush my teeth before the test

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

when you ask for blood test, some laboratory only gives "positive" or "negative" result. But that's not what you need. You need the concentration value. eg. 10 mg/ml. You need to find out if the concentration is going up or down 6 months later. that will indicate if you still have HP or not. without HP, the concentration will gradually reduce. you can get the blood test done now so you can start the 6 months waiting. otherwise, 6 month later, when you do a blood test, you have a again borderline blood test result, we are back to square one doesnt know what it means?

in regards to your antibiotics question, i think you should get a positive test before taking antibiotics.

in regards to other bacteria living in the stomach, usually H. pylori is the only bacteria able to live in the stomach. But when you are taking PPI, the stomach acid reduced. Then other bacteria can start colonising.

our mouth is full of bacteria. if you dont brush your teeth, then there will be higher diversity. and we constantly swallow saliva. So they can get to the stomach. In normal situation, the stomach will be full of acid and they'll die anyway. But when you are taking PPI, some of them may be able to survive in the stomach.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”