Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

Complete recovery?

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

Zarak244
Genuine user

Re: Complete recovery?

Post by Zarak244 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:15 pm

Chibie wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:13 pm
Hello..did your feeling of dizzy go away..?its been 9 days after medication and I think I have episodes of dizziness and depression. ..
Hi It does take a bit of time to heal completely and for these sensations to pass. Just try to make sure you're eating well and the best you can. Keep yourself hydrated, try to get a bit of exercise in very moderate though. Take multivitamins and try a glucose powder to mix in water and drink it when you feel really exhausted. Xx

bch
Genuine user

Post by bch » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:17 am

Hello and happy new year to everyone. I posted a few weeks ago right after I had finished the 2 weeks treatment. I wanted to post again to let you guys know my progress so far, since I know it’s very helpful to hear different experiences when you’re going through this. Since I finished on December 14 2017, I have been taking panthoprazole 20mg order by doctor and I have to wait 3 more weeks to get retested again, I will know by the first week of February if I no longer have this bacteria. It has been a life changer for me, right after I was done with antibiotics I continue experiencing same symptoms for about 10 days, I had no energy to do anything or get in the mood for the holidays, after those 10 days I started feeling a little better, I noticed the upper pain is not quite there on the same spot any more (right in the upper middle, under my breasts) but I do have mild pain in the lower abdomen that moves around and some times it triggers right after eating, and cramps that I didn’t had before, the gurgling is less, the burning sensation is mild, the burping is almost gone and I have a little more energy. I had been watching what I eat, no greasy foods, no spicy foods, no coffee, but I do drink green tea, ginger tea, chamomile tea, and anise tea, which I feel soothes my stomach. I’m also taking probiotics every day, and yogurt is always in my diet. This journey have been very difficult and full of emotions , I know I have a long way to feel my old self again and I don’t know if I ever would feel the same again but I do feel better from back in October when I start with all this symptoms and didn’t know what it was, all I can tell you is that don’t give up, trust in God, he has been my rock and my fortress through all of this, don’t get your anxiety take control over you and I will be praying for all of you. I will be posting my test results and any other progress that I have.

eims
Genuine user

Post by eims » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:34 am

Happy New year to All!

I too have just finished treatment. A few important things to note that may help with the worry:

1)Bear in mind that with your antibiotics you also were prescribed a proton pump inhibitor, which meant your stomach acid pump was tuned off to allow the antibiotics to work without being affected by strong stomach acids, so now that we have stopped treatment, those acids are flooding back in again and you still have the holes and sores in your gut that were caused by the HPylori that will take time to cure. All of those natural cures are now important, such as mastika, aloe, etc. (thanks for that advice)

2) HPylori has really impacted the absorption of important vitamins and minerals that your body needs, so your body has been depleted. For me, the biggest impact was vit B12 ( the side affects of which helped me discover that I had H Pylori) Lack of vit b12 can lead to intense fatigue, listlessness, inability to string two thoughts together, memory issues, eyesight probs and in extreme cases, hallucinations and difficulty with balance) Zara- you probably really need this. Also iron absorption is a big problem that can actually lead to very intense depletion (read about pernicious anaemia) The lack of this precious vit can even make older folks seem like they are losing the plot. Get a good supplement and get it at a good health food store (ask for help)

3) The effects of active H PYLORI are still being discovered and it seems that it can also initiate auto-immune issues:
both a colleague and I who have had intense manifestations of H PYlori both have suffered hairloss where the hair is not growing back. It is known as alopecia areata where our white blood cells are attacking the hair follicles. It shows up first as hair developing a straw-like, dried out aspect and lots of breakage and then just when you become aware of that, before you know it you have lost significant hair mass and may even develop bald spots. The hair doesn't necessarily fall out so fast, it just isn't/ hasn't been growing back for some time. Symptoms worsen with stress and manifest as a tingling scalp that is often also itchy. A good hair and micro- nutrient supplement (containing Biotin) symptom can alleviate the straw-like symptoms but it is not clear if the grow-back will happen or not. I am continuing to take the hair supplements, a colon populating probiotic that is acid resistant and want to begin some of tohe other natural cures to heal my guts and intestine.

4) The stomach is definitely as important an organ as the other major organs as if we are not able to absorb any of the nutrients we really need from food and supplements, we will disfunction and fall into serious illness. As supposedly 50% of the population has this and may not know of the effects ( as we all withstand acid reflux etc.), it seems to me that many of our modern-day health issues could have the H Pylori as the underlying agent. Much of this is only coming into focus now. This is all theory- the rest of the above is based on my conclusive experience

I will update on other personal findings. I am ignoring my fair that my hair (always my crowning glory) will not regrow.

Good luck to each of you! E x

ihatehelico
Genuine user

Post by ihatehelico » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:04 am

bch wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:17 am
Hello and happy new year to everyone. I posted a few weeks ago right after I had finished the 2 weeks treatment. I wanted to post again to let you guys know my progress so far, since I know it’s very helpful to hear different experiences when you’re going through this. Since I finished on December 14 2017, I have been taking panthoprazole 20mg order by doctor and I have to wait 3 more weeks to get retested again, I will know by the first week of February if I no longer have this bacteria. It has been a life changer for me, right after I was done with antibiotics I continue experiencing same symptoms for about 10 days, I had no energy to do anything or get in the mood for the holidays, after those 10 days I started feeling a little better, I noticed the upper pain is not quite there on the same spot any more (right in the upper middle, under my breasts) but I do have mild pain in the lower abdomen that moves around and some times it triggers right after eating, and cramps that I didn’t had before, the gurgling is less, the burning sensation is mild, the burping is almost gone and I have a little more energy. I had been watching what I eat, no greasy foods, no spicy foods, no coffee, but I do drink green tea, ginger tea, chamomile tea, and anise tea, which I feel soothes my stomach. I’m also taking probiotics every day, and yogurt is always in my diet. This journey have been very difficult and full of emotions , I know I have a long way to feel my old self again and I don’t know if I ever would feel the same again but I do feel better from back in October when I start with all this symptoms and didn’t know what it was, all I can tell you is that don’t give up, trust in God, he has been my rock and my fortress through all of this, don’t get your anxiety take control over you and I will be praying for all of you. I will be posting my test results and any other progress that I have.
Presumably if God existed he wouldn't let us get infected in the first place. Or maybe he just doesn't like us lot. Six months I've been suffering. Thanks for that God.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:19 pm

Just a curious question. Do you suffer from any allergies from food like peanuts, dust, or pollen? what about asthma?

there is a study that suggest people who were infected with H. pylori are less likely to get the above.

photon
Genuine user

Post by photon » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:36 am

ihatehelico wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:04 am
bch wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:17 am
Presumably if God existed he wouldn't let us get infected in the first place. Or maybe he just doesn't like us lot. Six months I've been suffering. Thanks for that God.
There are far more worse things than h pylori infection. Putting them next to other diseases, h pylori can be considered a blessing ;) . I think God will eradicate H pylori completely someday, obviously this is not his will ...guess whose is? :lol:

Its funny before I recovered, I had accepted to live that way. Live on eating 4-5 foods poor sleep and bleeding from reflux from time to time. And sometimes bleeding from ulcers so much that it was extremely scary like a horror movie. But even then I was okay with it, it didnt happen very often. At least I could walk (when not bleeding so much), read, listen, watch TV and some other stuff.

This year when I was still feeling bad I went on to giving food to a few homeless guys, things I couldn't eat I gave it to them. Pizzas , sodas, etc. Now guess what? the tables have turned. :shock: . However it took a long time to recover ( I am not 100% yet nor do I think Ill ever be) but this is more than enough for me.

If you eradicated the bacteria, theres not much you can do but wait and hope for the best. Try to live that way for now. I know it sucks but it can be worse, you could be in my position back then. A lot worse than you think and even then I got better. Don't be too greedy though alcohol is bad.Pizzas and coffees are okay.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”