Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

symptoms just came back, worried about them, need help

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

lxy172733823
Genuine user

symptoms just came back, worried about them, need help

Post by lxy172733823 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:22 pm

Hello everyone and expert,

Happy new year to all of you.
I have been fine without any symptoms for more than two months. The symptoms just came back the week before last week after i ate some spicy food and lots of orange, and sunflower seeds. My symptoms are: food reflux when i burp. for example, i always feel something hanging in my throat after meal, and can burp up some food sometimes. also, i had heartburn last week for three times, but i haven't had any heartburn this week. also, belching is more than normal, no stomach pain.
are these very typical symptoms of gastritis, especially for food reflux?

thank you

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: symptoms just came back, worried about them, need help

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:37 am

i have seen similar case where certain food triggered a HP-like gastric symptoms. especially when they only recently recovered from the gastric symptoms. People i know tried to avoid those food whenever they can. For your case, you can probably take some ranitidine to ease up the symptoms.

lxy172733823
Genuine user

Post by lxy172733823 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:36 am

thank you expert, i started to take rabeprazol three days ago, and hope this will work and will keep you updated. Also, I have a quesiton. is the food reflux (burp up food or like something hanging in the throat) typical symptom of gastritis? and do i need to take upper endoscopy again, i menioned you before that i had my previous upper endoscopy on May of 2016. how many days do i need to take rabeprazol? thank you

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:52 am

if your recent endoscopy did not show any abnormality, there is no need for another endoscope examination. just continue your rabeprazole for a few more days and see if the problem calms down.

lxy172733823
Genuine user

Post by lxy172733823 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:06 am

the result of my recent endoscopy was chronic gastritis, and didn't show any abnormality except inflammatory gastric mucosa on antral area of stomach . i will keep taking it for few days, and will let you know the result.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”