Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

GI MAP

There are several types of tests for H.pylori. The major ones have a their own forum.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

hpylori2018

Re: GI MAP

Post by hpylori2018 »

Do you know if the GI-MAP is a reliable test for H. pylori status though, especially considering I don't have classic symptoms? I'm wondering if I should do a second test of some sort.

That's too bad to hear about the alternative treatments. From what I read it sounded like they do work.. Maybe it's only temporary or something, or like you said just focused on reducing symptoms.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

if you read through this forum, you'll see a lot of discussion of the alternative treatment. They are mainly for symptoms control. many people tried, but the symptoms always come back.

GI-MAP is not a standard test for H. pylori diagnosis. But there is no reason why it shouldnt be trusted. You can ask your doctor's opinion on it. If your doctor believes it, then he'll prescribe you antibiotics.

schism

Post by schism »

So let’s say I’m not allergic to amoxicillin, yet the GI MAP says my HP is resistant to Clarithromycin and Fluoroquinolones. What would your recommended drug cocktail be?

I ask because I may go to an allergist and get tested for amoxicillin allergy because I did once have a full body rash while on it about 8-10 years ago I believe after about 6 or 7 days of being on it, but I read that may not even have been an allergy but just a reaction. If I recall correctly, it wasn’t itchy, but just red blotches all over my entire body.

I also am considering working with a natural doctor whom claims he sees 30+ patients with HP a month and cures it all the time first with a strict diet regimen then several supplements (not sure what ones). I’m conflicted cuz on one hand you say it’s basically impossible to cure without antibiotics, but then in my other hand natural docs saying they can and do all the time.

Anyway, my main question is what your recommended combination of drugs would be if I am not actually allergic to amoxicillin, yet my HP does have those drug resistances.

Thanks.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Hi,

First of all, there is no solid evidence that natural therapy works in killing H. pylori. It may work on some individuals, but I have not heard any true story.

If you are not resistant to Amox, then there is a lot of regimen that you can try. because H. pylori never become resistant to Amox and bismuth, Prof Marshall always prescribe PPI + Amox + Bismuth + one antibiotic that you have not tried. Starting from the most harmless one, metronidazole.

If you dont want to risk it, which I think you shouldnt, then you can try PPI + Bismuth + metronidazole and tetracycline (PBMT or Pylera).

schism

Post by schism »

My dentist says that the beds of my teeth are dwindling down (periodontal). He blames possibly not flossing enough or maybe my wisdom teeth still being in and causing it.

Could it be HP in my gums eating away at the beds of my teeth? If that is certainly a possibility, then I'm assuming it would be quite difficult for natural treatment to fix that and would be another reason to just go with antibiotics?

Also, I brush/floss very well before sleep and many times I wake up in the morning with just sort of nasty taste in mouth. Just kind of bitter. Is this a sign of HP in mouth?

Thanks.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

this is my all time favorite topic to discuss. Does HP really hide in the gum of the teeth? my suggestion is that if it is true, HP is probably a good bacteria to the teeth as it has the ability to neutralise acid. and we all know teeth corrosion is caused by the bad bacteria in the mouth producing acid.

I dont believe H. pylori can live in the mouth. if they do, they only present in a short period of time (due to reflux).

schism

Post by schism »

Thanks for your feedback. May I ask, who are you? How do you know so much about HP?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I am Prof Marshall's research fellow and I have been researching on H. pylori for more than 10 years. :lol:

schism

Post by schism »

Well thank you for all your information/knowledge.

I am seeing a GI doc next week and we'll see what he thinks of the GI MAP and if he wants to do a scope or breath test or what...

I have developed a concern all on my own about the Pseudomonas spp. and aeruginosa "overgrowth" shown on my GI MAP. I've learned that Pseudomonas aeruginosa can develop resistance to antibiotics very well and its an "opportunistic bacteria". It waits for the host to become immunocompromised and then strikes and can cause gut-derived sepsis (go through your gut and into your blood).

Are other bacteria in your gut ever a concern for you guys when you're treating HP? Should there ever be more testing done before giving someone an antibiotic to be sure that you're not training some other vicious bacteria how to be ultra-resistant?

In my mind, it's much like what happens when doctors treat people's sickness with Clarithromycin yet the patient also has HP unknown to them and effectively teach the HP to be resistant to that antibiotic. I am concerned that something similar may happen while treating HP, such as teaching the Pseudomonas to be resistant to the antibiotics used in PYLERA (or whatever the doc would decide on) or some other bacteria in one's body.

I fear that this is really how 'superinfections' happen while on antibiotics -- your system is hit with a lot of stress and then something like Psuedomonas aeruginosa strike. I honestly do not know how it happens at all, I'm just piecing information together as I scour google for answers and developing my own picture that's freaking me out.

PS i have health anxiety....

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I think this is the era of information explosion. Too many information and not knowing what's true or useful.

I am not sure what's the technology GI MAP used in bacteria identification. But we did some mirobiota work by using the 16s rRNA. we found pseudomonas everywhere, in the mouth, fecal, urine, etc. Yes, some of the strains may be very pathogenic. But I think as long as you are not feeling sick, there is nothing to worry about.

Return to “Diagnosis and Testing 检测与实验”