Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Breathing issues + other symptoms

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

testedpositive

Re: Breathing issues + other symptoms

Post by testedpositive »

I have had severe shortness of breath for over 3 months now.

Finally tested positive a month ago from stool even during 1 month on PPIs.

Took pylera for10 days. The silent reflux has stopped day 10. Breathing got a bit better day 10.

2 weeks later I'm getting worse with breathing again.

It's a tighteness feeling. If I try and inhale deep through my nose it's as if my diaphragm is getting pressure on it to stop it from working easy.

I've also had a cough a bit since treatment.

I'm on asthma puffers. Everything.now trying singulair...

What is going g on.

Will be in bkk and sydney in a week or so to try and get to bottom of this.

I'm living life a breath at a time. I'm 31

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

your breathing issue may not be caused by H. pylori. Nevertheless, it's good to have H. pylori rule out from the equation. While solving your breathing problem, have you make appointment for a follow up breath test to find out if you still carry H. pylori?

testedpositive

Post by testedpositive »

No.

Only been off quad therapy for 2 weeks.. stopped ppi same day too.

Have absolutely zero appetite at moment

And just jumped on scales. I am 83.5kgs down from 89 when I was last well, 3 months ago.

I couldn't believe the scales
Jumped on 2 others. Said same thing!

The other main symptom I have is this hot feeling breath coming out when I breathe or blow out.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I am afraid the breathing issue is out of my scope. You'll need to find info from your local GP.

Katies

Unintentional Mis-diagnosis

Post by Katies »

I have been researching this nasty bacteria, a short while. Testing positive for a third time, commencing triple therapy (yet again), I suffer in an extraordinary way. Originally told it was, 'Stressy Lady' problem, menopause then 'basic 'stress', I am well rid of that diagnosis, due to my great frustration and eventual, brave challenge. Dr Marshall is right, I certainly bashed myself around with that prognosis.

Due to the seriousness of my health however, I am starting to wonder if the symptoms of, Helicobacter Pyloris infection are similar to IBS, parasites and/or other diseases in this region. I have daily neurological symptoms, (nerve damage) pronounced in my legs and arms. During a particularly severe Heartburn attack, I was convinced I'd be thrown across the room (already stiff and stuck in one place) by the force and wave of those neurological repetitive electrical shocks. Fascinating too, I might add, if not a tad scary.

I have a slight complication, Emphysema, I am treated for. Seemingly an under active Thyroid, which I have not yet commenced treatment for. Suspected, kidney issue, which is undefined/not confirmed (no kidney stones). Some bowel pain and issues, back pain and profuse sweating w exertion and also eating. Dizzy and fainted once. That horrid gurgling and bubbling and glubbing sounds. Also I have a hard, 'bruise', type area, just under the skin and ribs. (lesion under the skin ?) Painful to the touch, which has grown in size, horizontally and sometimes although I am warm, this part of my abdomen feels frozen.

None of the above symptoms bother me in any exceptional way, as I try to go with the flow. My concern is due to a wasted year of 'stress lady'. 12 months of Helicapter Pyloris recognition. So I'm asking where should I be, in the surgery or referred on ?

Exactly how 'nasty' is this bacteria ?
Is the bacteria (what does it survive and multiply on) feeding on tissue ?
Ignorance prevailing, does Gastroenterology, cover the bowel system, intestinal ?
Is it true where there is a diagnosis, that once with Helicobacter Pyloris I will test positive for Helicobacter Pyloris, for the rest of my life ? (I understand not directly after antibiotics or PPI's)
Is it possible Helicobacter Pyloris infects Kidney, Bowel, Thyroid and lungs ?
If not, why not ?
Is it reasonable for me as a patient to request a referral to a Gastroenterology ?

Ignorance prevails here. I am not sure how to be the patient, that can assist my Doctor. How do I do that ? Fortunately I did keep a short snappy diary for 30 days, a while back which did lead us forward a little. Where to now ? I wonder

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Exactly how 'nasty' is this bacteria ?
In general, when infected with H. pylori, you may have one of the following outcomes
(i) about 80% of population will have no acid change - no symptom
(ii) about 10%-20% of population will have high acid secretion - which lead to peptic ulcer disease. The worst case for this will be internal bleeding.
(iii) about 1% of population will have low acid secretion - no symptom. But higher chance of stomach cancer.

When you are young, you are fit and healthy. You are more likely to be in situation (i). When you are around 20-50 years old, your immune system and healing ability decrease. then you are more likely to be in situation (ii). As you get above 50 years old, then you are moving towards situation (iii).
Nevertheless, depending where you are and what strains you are carrying. Most people are still asymptomatic.

Is the bacteria (what does it survive and multiply on) feeding on tissue ?
H. pylori likes to stay close to your stomach cells, below the thick mucus, where the pH is neutral. It extract nutrients from killing your stomach cells and perhaps also extracting iron from blood cells. Hence H. pylori is commonly associated with iron and B12 deficiency.

Ignorance prevailing, does Gastroenterology, cover the bowel system, intestinal ?
Yes. But has to be done separately. Gastroscopy only cover the stomach and duodenal. Colonoscopy will cover the bowel and intestine.

Is it true where there is a diagnosis, that once with Helicobacter Pyloris I will test positive for Helicobacter Pyloris, for the rest of my life ?
Yes. Once infected with H. pylori, you will remain as a carrier for the rest of your life until medication is taken for its eradication.

Is it possible Helicobacter Pyloris infects Kidney, Bowel, Thyroid and lungs ? If not, why not ?
I'll start with reason for No. H. pylori only colonise the stomach. It cannot be found anywhere else in the body. Hence there is no direct evidence that H. pylori can cause harm elsewhere.

Reason for Yes. Although H. pylori can only colonise in the stomach. It is constantly causing inflammation locally. The inflammation factors or activated immune cells may go to other body parts and cause inflammation elsewhere. There is such theory, but the evidence is still weak.

Is it reasonable for me as a patient to request a referral to a Gastroenterology ?
Since you have been treated 3 times. I think you need a quadruple therapy. You should speak to an experienced gastroenterologist who understand H. pylori and its treatment.

Hpvee

Post by Hpvee »

testedpositive wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:53 am
I have had severe shortness of breath for over 3 months now.

Finally tested positive a month ago from stool even during 1 month on PPIs.

Took pylera for10 days. The silent reflux has stopped day 10. Breathing got a bit better day 10.

2 weeks later I'm getting worse with breathing again.

It's a tighteness feeling. If I try and inhale deep through my nose it's as if my diaphragm is getting pressure on it to stop it from working easy.

I've also had a cough a bit since treatment.

I'm on asthma puffers. Everything.now trying singulair...

What is going g on.

Will be in bkk and sydney in a week or so to try and get to bottom of this.

I'm living life a breath at a time. I'm 31
Hello,
Ive tested positive for hpylori as well and breathing issues was one of my symptoms too. Difficulty breathing and pressure in my chest. Every time i tried to take a deep breath i felt like i wasnt getting enough air ! After taking antibiotics for 2 weeks it finally started to feel better. Many say its not a symptoms but i rly feel like it is. I had my hesrt checked, chest xray, they looked at my lungs. All was clear. The only thing other then that was my diagnosis of hpylori!
Did u eradicate?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I dont think H. pylori causes your breathing issue. You may have H. pylori for a very long time and recently infected with an unknown bacteria that causes your breathing issue. Luckily the antibiotics that kill off the H. pylori also acts on that unknown bacteria.

Craig7

Post by Craig7 »

Could you please describe your breathing issues? I’m almost postive mine is related. I can’t seem to get air to the very bottom of my lungs or take a deep breath. I do get a little relief if I sigh or yawn. My chest feels very heavy. I’m sure this is not aniexty related.

testedpositive

Post by testedpositive »

Breathing is obviously a problem associated with H pylori.

Since my last post I'd say I've gotten a bit better but in last week my hot breath and breathingnhas again gotten worse.

On Friday I had a gastroscopy and biopsy done so will see what problems I have and if I have h pylori still.

All my problems started with H pylori. None is worth the breathing.

The deep breath that you can't take in is want I have, somehow the H pylori I believe has inflamed the hiatal hernia.

I'm hoping I'm still positive and can eradicate it.

Doctor said he found gastroperaisis or something.. Too much bile
Gave me domperidone to help but that just makes me more sleepy than phenergan.

The worst of it is still this extremely hot/warm breath with pursed lips. I feel as if I hold a cigarette lighter up to it I would turn into a fire breathing dragon.

As bad as my breathing is now, it's nowhere near as bad as it was around June July before my pylera... that was like a 3month asthma attack.

Now I'm just hoping I haven't done permanent damage to my lungs.

They are particularly painful in cold weather when breathing as deep as I can.

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”