Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

Complete recovery?

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: Complete recovery?

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:50 pm

looking forward to hearing good news from you.

Zarak24
Genuine user

Re: Complete recovery? H pylori treatment and eradication

Post by Zarak24 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:40 pm

Hi guys,

I promised myself once I'd managed to get rid of H Pylori I would leave a review on my experience of it all so here it goes. No matter how i try to explain i won't be able to put into words how much this affected my life, I was off work for so long, from a huge appetite i dropped to eating near to nothing, not going out, no energy to do anything.

The first few weeks were absolutely terrible, they got me getting extremely anxious at every time id feel unwell and panicking at anything, I couldn't sleep much the only thing I was managing to do with ease was drink water. I lost 9 KG of weight in 5 weeks and my BMI dropped to 16.7. I was extremely tired, dizzy and faint pretty much all day especially after standing for a couple of minutes. I wasn't able to eat much which obviously didn't help.

Upon diagnosis my doctor put me on triple therapy, 1gram of amoxicillin and 500 mg of clarithromycin with 30 grams of lansoprazole, absolutely atrocious side effects, vomitting, diarrhoea, palpitations, muscle spasms, severe pain in my stomach. I couldn't give it more than a day. Things got so bad I was in hospital for 10 days with low blood pressure, low iron, magnesium, b12, irregular heart beat. I had gotten very depressed, anxious and felt hopeless, constantly worrying which is probably the worst thing you can do.

I knew the H Pylori had caused ulcers and it needed to go before it caused me anymore problems. So of course the triple therapy had to be done, I was absolutely terrified of starting the course again but i was so fed up of everything that very surprisingly motivated me to fight it with all I had. But this time round I requested to be given a liquid form of the antibiotics which i beleive is diluted in sorbitol sugar free, it didn't taste amazing but I found that I was responding to it so badly as I was to the tablets and I beleive the steps I've added below really helped calming down the symptoms and side effects.

After doing a bit of research I came up with a little plan that could possibly help with the treatment and get my stomach a tad bit stronger. I will list all the steps below. I started adding this to my normal daily routine 1 week before my second attempt at triple therapy and continued throughout my 2 week course. I strongly feel it was a huge help to me.

Bone broth twice a day
1 live probiotic yogurt drink twice a day
1 probiotic capsules twice a a day
1 500 mg L glutamine tablet
1 omega 3 fish oil capsule
1 cup of green tea DECAF twice a day
Chicken soup once a day.

I didn't follow any particular order of when to do all of these steps, I just spaced them out throughout the day. I continued the steps for 2 weeks after the antibiotics probably not with as much dedication as when I was on the antibiotics but I tried my best.

Another thing i did a lot was take baths using Epsom salts, it really relaxed me which I definately needed.

So I did another stool test and it came back clear of H pylori, it has been 3 weeks and my symptoms haven't completely gone but good Lord they have calmed down tremendously and are barely there i get a bit belching now and again if I eat something that's hard to digest and a bit of heartburn after something spicy but it has gradually calmed down so much that when it does happen it doesnt cause me pretty much any discomfort.

It is very difficult for some people to get rid of H Pylori And it is a complete pain to deal with but if you get yourself a little bit stronger and motivated you can beat it and reduce the symptoms, just stay consistent and don't let it make you give up.

I honestly felt like I'd never be able to drink a cup of tea or eat anything spicy or oily ever again but now nearly 4 weeks off the treatment I'm eating pretty much everything I used to. However do try to lay off the types of foods that trigger acid reflux, heartburn whilst you're on treatment. Try to eat clean for just them couple of weeks, let your stomach heal and after that you can ease yourself back in to your normal diet.

I hope my input helps and I really hope everyone who gets H pylori gets better and back to their normal self real soon.

Ps. Excuse any errors in punctuation and spelling.

Best of luck guys

Zara :) xx
Last edited by Zarak24 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zarak24
Genuine user

Post by Zarak24 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:02 pm

I forgot to add Guys, Everyone's body is different so you all May need a little longer to treat yourself but the main thing to do is set yourself a diet plan that will help you and that suits you, it's all trial and error, find the things that work well for you and that don't upset your stomach. Alsooo try not to stress so much as it creates more problems. But do give my steps a shot and let me know how it goes X

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:41 am

Congratulation Zarak24. I am sorry to hear your side effect experience. But you have made it through!

Love your encouraging story.

Chibie
Genuine user

Post by Chibie » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:13 pm

Hello..did your feeling of dizzy go away..?its been 9 days after medication and I think I have episodes of dizziness and depression. ..

Chibie
Genuine user

Re: Complete recovery? H pylori treatment and eradication

Post by Chibie » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:50 pm

Zarak24 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:40 pm
Hi guys,

I promised myself once I'd managed to get rid of H Pylori I would leave a review on my experience of it all so here it goes. No matter how i try to explain i won't be able to put into words how much this affected my life, I was off work for so long, from a huge appetite i dropped to eating near to nothing, not going out, no energy to do anything.

The first few weeks were absolutely terrible, they got me getting extremely anxious at every time id feel unwell and panicking at anything, I couldn't sleep much the only thing I was managing to do with ease was drink water. I lost 9 KG of weight in 5 weeks and my BMI dropped to 16.7. I was extremely tired, dizzy and faint pretty much all day especially after standing for a couple of minutes. I wasn't able to eat much which obviously didn't help.

Upon diagnosis my doctor put me on triple therapy, 1gram of amoxicillin and 500 mg of clarithromycin with 30 grams of lansoprazole, absolutely atrocious side effects, vomitting, diarrhoea, palpitations, muscle spasms, severe pain in my stomach. I couldn't give it more than a day. Things got so bad I was in hospital for 10 days with low blood pressure, low iron, magnesium, b12, irregular heart beat. I had gotten very depressed, anxious and felt hopeless, constantly worrying which is probably the worst thing you can do.

I knew the H Pylori had caused ulcers and it needed to go before it caused me anymore problems. So of course the triple therapy had to be done, I was absolutely terrified of starting the course again but i was so fed up of everything that very surprisingly motivated me to fight it with all I had. But this time round I requested to be given a liquid form of the antibiotics which i beleive is diluted in sorbitol sugar free, it didn't taste amazing but I found that I was responding to it so badly as I was to the tablets and I beleive the steps I've added below really helped calming down the symptoms and side effects.

After doing a bit of research I came up with a little plan that could possibly help with the treatment and get my stomach a tad bit stronger. I will list all the steps below. I started adding this to my normal daily routine 1 week before my second attempt at triple therapy and continued throughout my 2 week course. I strongly feel it was a huge help to me.

Bone broth twice a day
1 live probiotic yogurt drink twice a day
1 probiotic capsules twice a a day
1 500 mg L glutamine tablet
1 omega 3 fish oil capsule
1 cup of green tea DECAF twice a day
Chicken soup once a day.

I didn't follow any particular order of when to do all of these steps, I just spaced them out throughout the day. I continued the steps for 2 weeks after the antibiotics probably not with as much dedication as when I was on the antibiotics but I tried my best.

Another thing i did a lot was take baths using Epsom salts, it really relaxed me which I definately needed.

So I did another stool test and it came back clear of H pylori, it has been 3 weeks and my symptoms haven't completely gone but good Lord they have calmed down tremendously and are barely there i get a bit belching now and again if I eat something that's hard to digest and a bit of heartburn after something spicy but it has gradually calmed down so much that when it does happen it doesnt cause me pretty much any discomfort.

It is very difficult for some people to get rid of H Pylori And it is a complete pain to deal with but if you get yourself a little bit stronger and motivated you can beat it and reduce the symptoms, just stay consistent and don't let it make you give up.

I honestly felt like I'd never be able to drink a cup of tea or eat anything spicy or oily ever again but now nearly 4 weeks off the treatment I'm eating pretty much everything I used to. However do try to lay off the types of foods that trigger acid reflux, heartburn whilst you're on treatment. Try to eat clean for just them couple of weeks, let your stomach heal and after that you can ease yourself back in to your normal diet.

I hope my input helps and I really hope everyone who gets H pylori gets better and back to their normal self real soon.

Ps. Excuse any errors in punctuation and spelling.

Best of luck guys

Zara :) xx
Zara did you have feeling of dizzy and depression after treatment

bch
Genuine user

Post by bch » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:37 am

Hello I just finished 14 days treatment for h pylori 3 fays ago, I have to wait 5 weeks to get tested again and It’s driving crazy because I still have pain in my upper stomach that triggers more in the afternoons, I also still have the burning sensation, lots of burping, gurgling and feeling of emptiness. Dr said I have to wait to get tested again and if it shows negative results and symptoms persist then he can check for something else! Meanwhile I have to continue taking pantoprazole 20mg for another month, I’m so exhausted physically and mentally, I just want to know if this symptoms are just the h Pylori or if is something else, I have 3 kids and a husband to take care off, do you have any advice for me? Thank you.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:39 pm

just let you know... Pantoprazole can give false negative on breath test. So you actually have to stop pantoprazole for at least 2-3 weeks before follow up test. You can talk to your GP to swap pantoprazole with Ranitidine, which you can continue taking until the night before breath test.

bch
Genuine user

Post by bch » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:16 pm

Thank you I will talk to the doctor, will it also affect the stool test results? Because I think that’s how I’m being tested in 5 weeks.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:07 am

some doctors believe that stool test is not affected by PPI. But I think they do.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”