Toxaprevent - kills helicobacter

Weird questions go here! If your question doesn't quite fit the other categories, use this section.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

thelivingwellhotel
Genuine user

Toxaprevent - kills helicobacter

Post by thelivingwellhotel » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:22 am

Has anyone heard of and tried Toxaprevent to get rid of Helicobacter? It's made by a company in Germany and kills Helicobacter....here is a link to the UK distributor's website explaining how it works...http://www.toxaprevent.co.uk/news-blog

Keen to know if anyone has used it successfully as I am thinking of buying it.

Thanks
Alice

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: Toxaprevent - kills helicobacter

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:19 am

Toxaprevent capsules by pass the stomach in order to release their contents into the intestines
To be honest, this is the first time I hear about this product. But by reading from the link you provided, it seems like this medication is only to be working in the intestine.

H. pylori lives in the stomach. So, I would assume that this product has no impact on H. pylori.

thelivingwellhotel
Genuine user

Post by thelivingwellhotel » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:53 pm

Thanks for replying...I contacted the company in Germany who make it...below is what one of the scientists sent me - it looks like it does treat helicobacter in the stomach... it sounds promising to me...but then I don't know anyone who has taken it.

In the stomach, the acid-sensitive Helicobacter pylori protects against the destruction by gastric acid by the cleavage of urea in ammonia and carbon dioxide, ammonia raising the pH value in the immediate vicinity of the germ (ammonia mantle). This reaction is catalysed by the enzyme urease produced by Helicobacter pylori, which also serves diagnostic purposes (Heliocobacter urease test). The medical product TOXAPREVENT® PLUS in powder form binds ammonia naturally in the stomach and thus destroys the protective coat of the bacterium.

The following therapy proposal results from the positive practical experience of physicians and medical practitioners in the treatment of patients with the diagnosis "Helicobacter pylori in the stomach area".

THERAPY PROPOSAL
In the morning at approx. 8.00 am on an empty stomach 3 x TOXAPREVENT® MEDI PLUS Sticks in 0,2 l water and slowly drink. After an hour, chew a few small bites of an unoccupied roll to increase the production of stomach acid. At 10.00 am repeat the entire process. It is important,that during this therapy nothing is eaten or drunk. The therapy is interrupted at 12 o'clock and carried on the next morning. The therapy period comprises 3-5 days of treatment, depending on the severity of the disease. It is advisable to keep a light diet throughout the term and not to consume coffee or alcohol. [/i][/b]

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:40 pm

i am skeptical of the claim. there is no scientific article out there that support such claim. the website you provided, is just a blog. they can write whatever claim they want.

thelivingwellhotel
Genuine user

Post by thelivingwellhotel » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:29 pm

I take your point...and it is obviously really important that they can back up their claims...below is a link to the scientific papers provided by the company who produce Toxaprevent.

http://www.toxaprevent.co.uk/research/scientific-papers

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:46 pm

unfortunately those are not peer reviewed articles. they are just laboratory reports. the reports may be true, but without a proper design of experiment, the results may not be applicable in real situation.

thelivingwellhotel
Genuine user

Post by thelivingwellhotel » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:39 pm

Thank you. That's really helpful...I might ask them to 'prove' it.

Return to “Everything Else”