Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

What to do After Second line treatment failure (quadruple therapy) ?

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

united2

What to do After Second line treatment failure (quadruple therapy) ?

Post by united2 »

Hi
after a big stomach pain, I have been diagnosed with ulcer and gastritis and was positive for H pylori after biopsy
My first treatment was amoxicillin, metronidazole and ppi for 10 days, and after this treatment I was still feeling sick, and after a second biopsy still positive with H pylori

The second treatment was amoxicillin metronidazole clarythromicin and ppi for 10 days, and still was feeling sick after that, so a did a third biopsy and was positive for H pylory and also severe gastritis

My symptoms are: Constant Bloating and burping, vomiting, nausea, indigestion and also Weight loss, I feel that those symptoms get worse when I am on antibiotics as I don't tolerate the side effects specially metronidazole

So I want your opinion before I see my doctor, what treatment should I take after this? what antibiotics should i take ? and is this a normal case because I start to feel really bad about this. also want to stop ppi that I have been taking daily for 5 months
Thanks!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: What to do After Second line treatment failure (quadruple therapy) ?

Post by Helico_expert »

Since H. pylori cannot become resistant to Amoxicillin, you can always repeat it. same to bismuth (pepto-bismol).

so, your next treatment will be PPI + bismuth + Amoxicillin + an antibiotic that you have not tried (eg. ciprofloxacin).

this time, try ask your doctor for higher dose of PPI and amoxicillin. In Prof. Marshall's clinic, he uses Rabeprazole (PPI), 20mg, 3 times a day; and Amoxicillin, 1g, 3 times a day.

Roland

Post by Roland »

Does this treatment last for 14 days as well?
I also see that there is one antibiotic in higher dose Amox 1gx3

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Prof Marshall usually prescribe for 10 days. But 14 days is fine too.

HelicopterPylaros

Post by HelicopterPylaros »

Helico_expert wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:27 pm
Since H. pylori cannot become resistant to Amoxicillin, you can always repeat it. same to bismuth (pepto-bismol).
Just out of curiosity: What is the reason, that Helicobacter Pylori can’t be resistant to Amoxicillin?

united2

Post by united2 »

Helico_expert wrote:
so, your next treatment will be PPI + bismuth + Amoxicillin + an antibiotic that you have not tried (eg. ciprofloxacin).

this time, try ask your doctor for higher dose of PPI and amoxicillin. In Prof. Marshall's clinic, he uses Rabeprazole (PPI), 20mg, 3 times a day; and Amoxicillin, 1g, 3 times a day.
So can i take Pylera with amoxiline and ppi ? scince there is no 'bismuth only' medication or pylera + ppi will do ?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

HelicopterPylaros wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:45 pm
Helico_expert wrote:
Just out of curiosity: What is the reason, that Helicobacter Pylori can’t be resistant to Amoxicillin?
Good question. nobody knows. perhaps amoxicillin is targeting a very important protein that H. pylori cannot afford to mutate. I think the more interesting question is, since H. pylori can never become resistant to Amoxicillin, why cant it be killed by amoxicillin alone? again, there is no answer for this. PPI + Amoxicillin was shown to have a cure rate of only 50%. It was shown that with an extra antibiotic (Clarithromycin or metronidazole), the cure rate is able to boost up to 80-90% (in old days).

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

united2 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:39 am
Helico_expert wrote:

So can i take Pylera with amoxiline and ppi ? scince there is no 'bismuth only' medication or pylera + ppi will do ?
Pylera contains PPI + Bismuth + tetracycline + metronidazole. so there is no need for additional PPI or Amoxicillin. It's already a very strong treatment.

united2

Post by united2 »

Thanks for the response
But i am not sure that pylera contains PPI ,at least in the french pills (im in that region) , also searched on the net , it says that pylera should be combined with ppi but it dose not contain PPI , can you confirm ?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

your doctor would have also prescribed you the PPI together with the Pylera. You need to take two types of pills. the PPI once or twice a day and the Pylera pill 4 times a day.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”