Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

GI MAP

There are several types of tests for H.pylori. The major ones have a their own forum.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

schism

GI MAP

Post by schism »

I recently had a GI MAP done ( https://www.diagnosticsolutionslab.com/ ). It showed that I had H.Pylori present, but not marked "high". It shows my value as 8.5e2 whereas high is >1.0e3. It also showed iceA and vacA virulence factors.

Also, both Clarithromycin and Fluoroquinolones came back positive for Helicobactor Antibiotic Resistance Genes.

I also was marked "high/overgrowth" for Pseudomonas spp. and Pseudomonas aeruginosa.

I got the GI MAP because I have some frequent burping and mild acid reflux from time to time. I don't have some other nasty symptoms some others on here have like nausea, puking, hard to eating, stomach pain, etc.

1) Is the GI MAP a good way to diagnose H.Pylori or would a GI doctor want to do some other test like a breath test first? If GI MAP is not good enough, why not? Because the GI MAP detected H.Pylori and I am experiencing some GI symptoms like burping, does that mean I should automatically treat it with antibiotics?

2) I am really concerned about antibiotic use due to resistance and superinfection. First of all, apparently my H.Pylori is resistant to both of those aforementioned antibiotics PLUS I am allergic to amoxicillin. So I believe that would leave Tetracycline and Metronidazole as options. And secondly, if I also have this Psuedomonas overgrowth, what would the antibiotics inadvertently do to that bacteria? I've heard Pseudomonas aeruginosa is very good at developing resistance to antibiotics so by throwing 2+ new antibotics into my system for H.Pylori, what risks am I taking with this other bacteria in my body?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: GI MAP

Post by Helico_expert »

I think this is very interesting. It's definitely very advance as it is able to detect genes that correlated to antibiotic resistance.

I have to say I am not familiar with this company. it's not a standard test recommended in the guideline. I know gene detection is something that can be done. I myself is trying to create something similar.

Try go to your doctor and see if they would use this as a diagnosis test for H. pylori and give you antibiotics. Hopefully by prescribing other antibiotics will get you cured in one go.

schism

Post by schism »

Thanks for the reply. It is my understanding that HP can be present and show up in DNA test like the GI MAP, but it's not actually causing "infection". Is that true? Does that mean I would need something like the antigen stool test to determine if its actually causing infection?

Also, since the strain is resistant to both Clarithromycin and Fluoroquinolones plus I am allergic to amoxicillin, would Tetracycline and Metronidazole be the antibotic choice? Are these antibiotics very safe?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

DNA testing is a very broad field. The accuracy of DNA test is really depending on how deep the analysis go down to. Some scientist just use presence or absence of particular gene by doing PCR. I find that highly inaccurate. I only trust sequencing of the piece of DNA and perhaps, also knowing the amount of the template DNA to rule out contamination from laboratory.

I think to be sure, it is better to do either breath or stool test. Endoscopy can give you more insight about the health of your stomach.

Tetracycline and Metronidazole are good choice of treatment. Perhaps you can also add Bismuth in. That becomes the PYLERA treatment.
https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-1479 ... al/details

schism

Post by schism »

Wow, like every review for Pylera is that it’s horrid with tons of side effects. Who knows if it may cause lasting damage...

Are there any other options?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

any antibiotics can come with side effects. I dont think it's as bad as you think. quite a few members in this forum tried PYLERA and have good outcome.

schism

Post by schism »

One of the side effects of the pylera is cancer. It is strange to me to eradicate a bacteria that can cause cancer with drugs that also may end up giving you cancer.

I believe I have had HP for probably 6+ years, possibly even more like 10-15+ years. Do you think that because I don't have terrible symptoms right now that it would be most responsible to try a more natural cocktail (such as the one outlined here: https://www.naturalmedicinejournal.com/ ... r-products) to at least give it a shot for 1-2 months versus jumping straight to harsh antibiotics?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Can deny that many antibiotics are harmful to our body. However, I think you need to judge what you see from the internet with caution.

Similarly, metronidazole is a carcinogen. But it has been widely prescribed.

PYLERA has been approved by FDA, so it should be safe.

in regards to natural cocktail, there has not been very many successful outcome. It may work for some people and fail for most. The result is too inconsistent.

hpylori2018

Post by hpylori2018 »

I recently completed the GI-MAP test as well, and I got high H. pylori (5.5e3, normal = 1e3) in addition to high Pseudomonas spp. and aeruginosa. It's interesting that the OP had those high too. Do those usually go hand in hand with H. pylori?

While I've heard this test is incredibly accurate, I'm also curious if that's the case for H. pylori.. I looked at the symptoms
(An ache or burning pain in your abdomen. Abdominal pain that's worse when your stomach is empty. Nausea. Loss of appetite. Frequent burping. Bloating. Unintentional weight loss.) and I don't have any of them except for bloating, which may be due to other things/parasites (for example, B. hominis was also high for me). Regarding the loss of appetite, if anything, my appetite is high as I often get sugar cravings. Is it still possible that I could have H. pylori without ulcers/all of the listed symptoms?

I've been taking mastic gum, monolaurin, probiotics and manuka honey and it seems to be helping with my digestion, so maybe it is fighting off the H. pylori? Curious what everyone's thoughts are.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

the amount of H. pylori does not associate with severity. all you need to know is "positive" or "negative" of H. pylori.

mastic gum, monolaurin, probiotics and manuka honey do not kill H. pylori in vivo. you can continue to take them if they make you feel better. But the root of the problem is always H. pylori and the only way to get rid of it is by antibiotics. without eradicating H. pylori, i am afraid your symptoms will always be there.

Return to “Diagnosis and Testing 检测与实验”